RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elcabron

The African Nations funnily saved us last season, went on to come so close to the quadruple (forget top four, lolz).

Hopefully the world cup has a similar effect, though no quadruple challenge this time obviously (just top four, not lolz).
I think it will help, it certainly can't make you much worse. It will be a short term fix however.

What do you think about longer term? With every defeat it does feel more and more like the end of the road for Klopp at Liverpool. Pool just can't compete with City and Newcastle and probably not even United/Chelsea. Serious investment needed, can Klopp be bothered to give it another go, will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Mwooyo

I think it will help, it certainly can't make you much worse. It will be a short term fix however.

What do you think about longer term? With every defeat it does feel more and more like the end of the road for Klopp at Liverpool. Pool just can't compete with City and Newcastle and probably not even United/Chelsea. Serious investment needed, can Klopp be bothered to give it another go, will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Of all the teams listed, manutd should be the most worried. Liverpool have owners who want to invest in the team plus a manager who wants to win. In addition, they have a top scouting department which means they dont need to pay silly money for players....all those are things manutd do not have, especially the owners who want to invest to bring the club back to the top.

Liverpool are just struggling with injuries and they will definitely correct that in the January transfer window. On the other hand, at manutd the owners are putting it out that they wont invest in the winter window....and even wont do much next summer. Basically its not about if the teams needs investment....its the fact that we spent big last summer which means we wont do much going forward no matter how much we really need it. We really need change of owners

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The African Nations funnily saved us last season, went on to come so close to the quadruple (forget top four, lolz).

Hopefully the world cup has a similar effect, though no quadruple challenge this time obviously (just top four, not lolz).
That's a new one, salah became a shell of his after that final and Disney regained his form till recently so how did it help you exactly?

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
I truly find them the most reprehensible self pitying fanbase. Even with their recent enormous successes they'll resort to bent refs brown envelopes at the first sign of trouble. A bit of RAWK analysis btw - anyone notice that post Klopp they stopped rapid fire banning anyone who raised any question whatsoever as to where they were going? I suppose success made them ease off.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Of all the teams listed, manutd should be the most worried. Liverpool have owners who want to invest in the team plus a manager who wants to win. In addition, they have a top scouting department which means they dont need to pay silly money for players....all those are things manutd do not have, especially the owners who want to invest to bring the club back to the top.

Liverpool are just struggling with injuries and they will definitely correct that in the January transfer window. On the other hand, at manutd the owners are putting it out that they wont invest in the winter window....and even wont do much next summer. Basically its not about if the teams needs investment....its the fact that we spent big last summer which means we wont do much going forward no matter how much we really need it. We really need change of owners
While we all know the Glazer story, how on earth can you think the Liverpool owners are keener to spend than ours? We just flung massive wads on Casemiro, Antony, Martinez and Malachia.
They signed one major player and totally neglected their midfield. Losing a critical player in Mane too.

Mwooyo

While we all know the Glazer story, how on earth can you think the Liverpool owners are keener to spend than ours? We just flung massive wads on Casemiro, Antony, Martinez and Malachia.
They signed one major player and totally neglected their midfield. Losing a critical player in Mane too.
Because you are mixing up willingness to blow silly money with willingness to spend. Liverpool have backed Klopp and even this summer, they brought in arthur melo in the midfield. only problem is he got injured. But there is no need to say much, lets wait for the winter window and we can see who backs their manager more. Even Ten Hag, needs additions esp in the striker department inorder to make top 4. Liverpool have absolutely backed klopp to the best of their ability. Manutd waited for Glazer out protests and 2 losses before they spent the money you are praising them for spending....and they have said they wont do it again

Last edited:

Elcabron

All I know is that we have vastly outspent them over the last five and 10 years so it's not correct to say that they have owners who are willing to invest and we don't. The evidence does not support that.

Liverpool's famed scouting system has spent 200m on Keita, Ox and Nunez and broke world records for VVD and Alison. There will be no repeat of the Couthino Euro millions win for them. They are now in the trenches with the rest of the non oil clubs, ourselves included and they have a manager who seems to be nearing the end of his journey with them. Worrying times for pool.

You are right about needing new owners though, our debt is worringly high and with interest rates climbing, annual repayments will only get higher. Stadium needs investment as well and we just don't have the money to invest in the team this coming summer like we did last, 25m dividend to the glazers or not. We need to sell players and reduce the wage bill whether the glazers stick around or not. If we had qualified for the CL this season we would be paying Ronaldo, DDG, Sancho, AWB and Maguire almost 80m pa which is insane given only DDG is contributing at the moment.

Anyway I apologise, this is the RAWK thread, a place of joy and laughter. I have derailed the thread.

crossy1686

career ending
They're starting to realise Nunez is a donkey:

This guy needs about 3-4 chances to score one. Get him one on one with the keeper and he’s got time to think about it and he’ll feck it up time after time
Terrible finisher, forges a lot of chances so will make up for it a lot, but nights like tonight will occur and they'll be infurating.
Actually, Firmino missed a couple of chances too.

Just putting it out there....

Keep bashing Darwin though.
Just lob the feckin keeper
It's pretty sad that we have to be saying that about an £85m transfer come November.
How about if you want to bash Nunez when he’s not even been here 6 months you f*** off to Twitter and do it for the time being?
Problem with Nunez he just doesn't look the part. He can have good games etc but he just looks awkward, most of time not on the same wavelength. I wouldn't have minded him as a plan b if we needed a goal but he wasn't brought to be plan b
Suarez, Torres, Fowler, hell even Origi would've lobbed that one to make it 2-1.
He is like a faster version of Dirk Kuyt. He will get goals but his all round game is simply not Liverpool standard which is going to hold him back
Impossible to tell what he is like, really, in a team that is this broken. Perhaps his style is contributing to its brokenness, I can't really say. He looks like a vibrant, powerful option you could bring on from the bench, but we have no other forwards right now. In a team that has absolutely no fluency, it's not a surprise that he is not exactly flowing himself.
He should really be scoring that chance Mo laid onto him
If our nerds have identified him then he will most likely to go on and be a star. But what I am finding odd is almost this hipster obsession we have with him.
Am I mad for thinking we are back to the best on earth with Rice and Bellingham
The concerns about Nunez are valid. His passing game, finishing, decision making are all been average. He also cannot dribble or beat a man to create chances for him.

For the fee we paid for him, people expected a more finished product like Jota.
Going from Mane to Nunez is a problem in that we've gone from world class player to a rough diamond. Lost that threat and consistency.
What frustrates me about him and this signing is just the sheer amount of polish and adapting he still needs.
the annoying thing is that a certain amount of "fans" have already made their minds up that he's a failure, wasn't his best night last night but give him a chance ffs
So everyone thinks he’s crap again.

Dear me…
No idea why you're comparing him with Mane. He's yet to prove that he's better than Origi, the guy who won us tons of points, and who won us the Champion League trophy.
In response to the post above:
I honestly was going to say the same, but im scared of being called a City fan.
Why in gods name are people talking about Sadio?
Because Sadio scored with every kick towards goal and didn't miss any chances, whereas Nunez is just lucky to get it on target.
This isn't a cheap striker bought from a championship side People have the right to question his finishing and lack of end product. Being fast, and creating chaos isn't good enough when we are desperate for wins to stay in the top 4 race and right now I fail to see how is he better than Origi let alone Mane.
Absolutely zero confidence in him when 1 v 1 with the keeper

Rabbit in headlights
He looks a bit like Lord Voldemort I think.
His link up play was excellent yesterday, much better than our other forwards. Shows he is much more than a goal scorer.

Again, reminds me of Edinson Cavani just before his prime.

He is a complete forward imho. Just raw.

The more he plays, the more impressive he looks..
Yeah not a bad shout with Cavani. He could also at times look well a bit awkward but most of the time a complete forward and always looking to score, great runs.
We'd have been better off keeping Origi and Minamino and spending the money on some decent midfielders who can actually play Klopp's style.

RedChisel

Not RAWK but had great fun with the Scouse in laws for a meal out yesterday. Normally they are all Billy big bollocks about how great Liverpool are and how shit United are but yesterday they refused to even discuss football and were all sulking.

I had to sit through the 5-0 last season and the 4-0 against Brentford with them and they gave me no end of abuse. Best thing was the pub we were in were showing the West Ham game and all the build up on MUTV. They couldn't even bear to look at the screen or acknowledge there was a game going on.

justsomebloke

They're starting to realise Nunez is a donkey:

In response to the post above:
Fun to see the same kind of endless agonising over an obviously talented player who's not delivering right now that we are so accustomed to here. It's not long ago that Marcus Rashford was considered finished around here, fit only for a relegation level PL team. Personally I wouldn't worry if I were them - I think Nunez is going to be just fine, he's got too much quality not to. Just needs to find his feet in a new league and on a new team, and let's face it, he's not being given the easiest of circumstances is he.

Conor

The never ending flow of abuse Lukaku got from them, no matter if he was scoring or not, it's great that they have basically the same situation now and will say whatever possible to dig their way out of the hole.

alexthelion

Is this a joke? FSG don't spend like United, Chelsea, City or even Arsenal.

If their scouting dept is so good, why did they splurge £85m on Nunez when they have so many holes everywhere else?

Withnail

Fun to see the same kind of endless agonising over an obviously talented player who's not delivering right now that we are so accustomed to here. It's not long ago that Marcus Rashford was considered finished around here, fit only for a relegation level PL team. Personally I wouldn't worry if I were them - I think Nunez is going to be just fine, he's got too much quality not to. Just needs to find his feet in a new league and on a new team, and let's face it, he's not being given the easiest of circumstances is he.
:nono:

Praising and/or making excuses for a 100m Liverpool donkey in the RAWK thread should be a bannable offence

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

I'll stick with Ten Hag ta and if Nunez isn't silly money, I'd hate to see what is.

Liverpool fan or wum?

Either may well lead to a ban.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Interesting how you changed subjects through the post, finally remembering to be 'we,' yet identifying United in basically the third person early on.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Because you are mixing up willingness to blow silly money with willingness to spend. Liverpool have backed Klopp and even this summer, they brought in arthur melo in the midfield. only problem is he got injured. But there is no need to say much, lets wait for the winter window and we can see who backs their manager more. Even Ten Hag, needs additions esp in the striker department inorder to make top 4. Liverpool have absolutely backed klopp to the best of their ability. Manutd waited for Glazer out protests and 2 losses before they spent the money you are praising them for spending....and they have said they wont do it again
Are you kidding?

Do you think Melo was anything but a panic signing to help simply add another number to the midfield unit.

No Manager is feeling supported when they need at least one quality addition to the midfield, only to resort to signing a player like Melo on loan.

They (fans) rightly feel aggrieved. They were so close last season and needed a key midfield signing to keep the momentum going.

Mwooyo

Interesting how you changed subjects through the post, finally remembering to be 'we,' yet identifying United in basically the third person early on.
Also interesting is how you are too lazy to check my post history to figure out that I am a manutd fan. Put some effort in before you spew your conspiracy theories. Manutd are badly run...way worse than Liverpool. We can pretend about it, but its the truth

Wing Attack Plan R

From what I've seen, they will be lucky if he turns into a shit Dirk Kuyt. I'd say he's more Nicklas Bendtner.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Also interesting is how you are too lazy to check my post history to figure out that I am a manutd fan. Put some effort in before you spew your conspiracy theories. Manutd are badly run...way worse than Liverpool. We can pretend about it, but its the truth
Couldn't really care less about your post history, your vacillation was readily apparent in the post I referenced. Wasn't the only one who called out the post either.

Last post about this. I went against my admonishing to take this thread off topic. Apologies.

Mwooyo

Couldn't really care less about your post history, your vacillation was readily apparent in the post I referenced. Wasn't the only one who called out the post either.
Yup but you was the only one who tried to insinuate that I wasnt a true manutd fan. Everyone addressed the points in the post...you went for the lazy option. Its why I specifically responded to your kiddish comment and not the rest.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yup but you was the only one who tried to insinuate that I wasnt a true manutd fan. Everyone addressed the points in the post...you went for the lazy option. Its why I specifically responded to your kiddish comment and not the rest.
:lol:

Valencia Shin Crosses

No that's literally the problem with him, he doesn't have any quality at all it's mostly physical gifts and a monster work rate.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Last post about this. I went against my admonishing to take this thread off topic. Apologies.
How dare you not go through their posting history, you lazy so and so!

You should go through everyone's posting history (good luck with mine) before quoting their posts :nono:

TheReligion

Abusive

So United won’t invest in the team nor do they have a manager that wants to win?

Liverpool have a top scouting department that decided to invest 100 million in Darwin Nunez?

Liverpools owners will invest in the team yet the answer to the issues in midfield were to sign Arthur on loan on deadline day?

I think you’re living in the past.

United have a new scouting and recruitment set up. They also have a manager that wants to win and is used to winning. Ten Hag.

Liverpool did have very good recruitment led by Michael Edwards. He left the club months ago.

Liverpools owners are all about balancing the books. That’s why their fans want them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.