RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Just out of curiosity - is it 3 or 4 times in the last decade, Liverpool have ended ahead of us in the table ?
Good bless Ole for doing that. And LvG. And Jose. :D

And of course Eric Seven Hag who will now also be here for longer as a result. :cool:

Chief123

Am I missing something or is the Eddie Murphy comment not just a tiny bit racist?
You are missing something. That’s reaching. Saying a black person looks like another black person isn’t racist.

No one would bat an eyelid if a white player was referred to as a white celebrity.

Rockets Redglare

You are missing something. That’s reaching. Saying a black person looks like another black person isn’t racist.

No one would bat an eyelid if a white player was referred to as a white celebrity.
Exactly. Poor Rooney was called Shrek for years, is that racist towards humans or Ogres?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Ok I just cannot see any resemblance whatsoever which is why it feels like a really odd comparison. Literally just the fact they are both black? If other people think they actually look alike then fair enough I’ve missed that.

Chief123

Ok I just cannot see any resemblance whatsoever which is why it feels like a really odd comparison. Literally just the fact they are both black? If other people think they actually look alike then fair enough I’ve missed that.
I can actually see the similarities other than the skin colour. I found it quite funny tbh. And I’m a person of colour.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The Salah tweet still makes me laugh. How have RAWK taken it? Such a bizarre post

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The Salah tweet still makes me laugh. How have RAWK taken it? Such a bizarre post
It really is odd. Like he was sat at home hoping and praying that the dream wasn’t over and then United take it out of their hands and he pours his heart out. Think it’s the fact it was at 10pm on a Thursday night almost immediately after the final whistle.

djembatheking

The Eddie Murphy reference is because of the moustache surely. Either that or the fact that he was clowning around like a comedian and trying to entertain us by making us laugh.

Bob Contact

Driving to Festivus with all the windows down
Guys, it's perfectly normal to compare a black man to Eddie Murphy in Uruguay.
Brilliant!

Pretty funny that in a season where they somehow managed to beat us 7-0 it had no bearing on our respective seasons and we are 90 mins away from equaling the trophy haul of the undisputed greatest team ever quadruple winners, while they didn't make the competition half of them had tickets for the final for this year.

If we do somehow beat City I pray that we don't have a parade, theirs last year was so absurd.

Hoof the ball

The Eddie Murphy reference is because of the moustache surely. Either that or the fact that he was clowning around like a comedian and trying to entertain us by making us laugh.
Yeah, Martial has a very 80's RAW Eddie Murphy look going on.

Some folks need to pipe down. One doesn't have to be one's idential twin to resemble someone.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

You're right, no one batted an eyelid when a white ex-United player was compared to a green movie character

Oscar Bonavena

Whatever way Liverpool fans try to spin it, spunking over 100m quid on 2 strikers and still finishing outside the CL places behind a team with a new manager with no PL experience, and no decent centre forwards, is an unmitigated disaster for them.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Just out of curiosity - is it 3 or 4 times in the last decade, Liverpool have ended ahead of us in the table ?
In the ten seasons since Fergie’s retirement, Liverpool have finished above United five times - once under Rogers and four times under Klopp. Van Gaal (twice), Mourinho, Solskjaer and now ten Hag all managed to finish above Liverpool.

Our head to head is:

League - Liverpool 8 wins, United 6 wins, and 6 draws. Obviously they’ve racked up a considerable aggregate score with some big wins.

FA Cup - United 1 win.

Europa League - Liverpool 1 win, and 1 draw.

Total - 9 wins for Liverpool, 7 for United, and 7 draws.

Tony Clifton

Playing in the Europa League is a potential season destroyer, especially during an already downward trajectory.

I've seen a few Liverpool fans here and there saying something along the lines of "no worries, we will just play the kids until the knockout stages", as to not interfere with domestic performances. But that's not quite how it works, which they will find out soon enough. They've been lucky to avoid the grind of Europa League for enough seasons so they've forgotten what it's actually like. Facht.

Without naming their whole squad, a few of their key players have already peaked. Their defence isn't solid anymore, but regardless it has usually been their attack that has given them an edge and thus kept them relevant or semi-relevant for too long. And whilst Trent is a big part of their attack, chances need finishing. Facht.

Now two of their successful front three have left, only Salah remains. And yes, they have already played a full season without Mané (albeit without Diaz for most of it, so we don't know how they would've managed) it really won't be the same as Salah - Firmino - Mané. Facht.

Also, Salah has been vital this season, evident by his statistical output, and actually watching him the times I've seen Liverpool play. Salah has that bit of extra. So if they don't invest properly to get the reinforcements needed, and Salah drops in form, they can become actually proper shite rather quickly…which would be delighting of course. Facht.

For now, it appears their cycle indeed is over. Facht.

Mood: Facht.

I'm more happy about avoiding Europa than about playing CL. Also happy it didn't go all the way to last day as that would be torture.
Yup! Since we don't look like challenging for the CL exactly, it's nice to avoid the EL. Just let's hope we don't end up there again after the CL group stages.

Suddenly the Europa League will have validation (FWIW, I always think it does, never get the snobbery).
For me it's about avoiding the tearing effects on league form. Not worth it, especially since we've already won it. I enjoyed our 16/17 season in the EL because we won it, but unlike the CL it's not what we look to repeat.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
In the ten seasons since Fergie’s retirement, Liverpool have finished above United five times - once under Rogers and four times under Klopp. Van Gaal (twice), Mourinho, Solskjaer and now ten Hag all managed to finish above Liverpool.

Our head to head is:

League - Liverpool 8 wins, United 6 wins, and 6 draws. Obviously they’ve racked up a considerable aggregate score with some big wins.

FA Cup - United 1 win.

Europa League - Liverpool 1 win, and 1 draw.

Total - 9 wins for Liverpool, 7 for United, and 7 draws.
Just to add to this, Fergie's overall head to head against Liverpool, from 86/87 to 12/13:

League - United 26 wins, Liverpool 15 wins, and 13 draws.

FA Cup - United 3 wins, Liverpool 2 wins

League Cup - United 1 win, Liverpool 1 win

Charity Shield - Liverpool 1 win, and 1 draw.

Total - 30 wins for United, 19 for Liverpool, and 14 draws.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
My two cents on the Eddie Murphy thing.

Casual racism and unconscious racism still exists, as much as some of you want to deny it. Black people do often tend to get compared to each other even when they look nothing alike, the same with Asian people.

Many white people don't tend to compare two white people to each other, when they don't look alike, but do it quite often with other ethnic groups.

Even if the meaning behind it isn't malicious, it's still unconscious racism or casual racism.

Herman Toothrot

Playing in the Europa League is a potential season destroyer, especially during an already downward trajectory.

I've seen a few Liverpool fans here and there saying something along the lines of "no worries, we will just play the kids until the knockout stages", as to not interfere with domestic performances. But that's not quite how it works, which they will find out soon enough. They've been lucky to avoid the grind of Europa League for enough seasons so they've forgotten what it's actually like. Facht.

Without naming their whole squad, a few of their key players have already peaked. Their defence isn't solid anymore, but regardless it has usually been their attack that has given them an edge and thus kept them relevant or semi-relevant for too long. And whilst Trent is a big part of their attack, chances need finishing. Facht.

Now two of their successful front three have left, only Salah remains. And yes, they have already played a full season without Mané (albeit without Diaz for most of it, so we don't know how they would've managed) it really won't be the same as Salah - Firmino - Mané. Facht.

Also, Salah has been vital this season, evident by his statistical output, and actually watching him the times I've seen Liverpool play. Salah has that bit of extra. So if they don't invest properly to get the reinforcements needed, and Salah drops in form, they can become actually proper shite rather quickly…which would be delighting of course. Facht.

For now, it appears their cycle indeed is over. Facht.

Mood: Facht.

Yup! Since we don't look like challenging for the CL exactly, it's nice to avoid the EL. Just let's hope we don't end up there again after the CL group stages.

For me it's about avoiding the tearing effects on league form. Not worth it, especially since we've already won it. I enjoyed our 16/17 season in the EL because we won it, but unlike the CL it's not what we look to repeat.
Too early to say they're back on their classic boom and bust cycle. We're very much at the 'next season it'll be our year' moment.

Oscar Bonavena

We will just need to beat them 8 - 0 or it will be used against us for the next 20 years
Honestly, I'm over it already. Blowing a 12 point lead and finishing behind them in the league to lose a CL spot to them would have hurt more.

They lost 6-1 to f**king Stoke in 2015, I doubt their fans even give a shit now.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Honestly, I'm over it already. Blowing a 12 point lead and finishing behind them in the league to lose a CL spot to them would have hurt more.

They lost 6-1 to f**king Stoke in 2015, I doubt their fans even give a shit now.
Gerrard's last game as well :lol: right before the one-club man fecked them off to play in LA.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Because it was Stoke, not Man Utd (or Everton). Doesn't matter how you think you're handling it, that 7-0 is gonna hurt for a long time. And if it doesn't you're not a real Utd fan.

krazyrobus

Casual racism and unconscious racism still exists, as much as some of you want to deny it. Black people do often tend to get compared to each other even when they look nothing alike, the same with Asian people.

Many white people don't tend to compare two white people to each other, when they don't look alike, but do it quite often with other ethnic groups.

Even if the meaning behind it isn't malicious, it's still unconscious racism or casual racism.
:rolleyes: No doubt a symptom of that damn patriarchy

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Because it was Stoke, not Man Utd (or Everton). Doesn't matter how you think you're handling it, that 7-0 is gonna hurt for a long time. And if it doesn't you're not a real Utd fan.
Only when Sky and BT roll it out on a regular basis… that’s it. We move onto the next game, no point dwelling on what been and gone.

68cob

And if it doesn't you're not a real Utd fan.
One thing I've noticed about liverpool fans over the years is that they cannot think for themselves and rely on others to tell them how to respond to results. Therefor, thinking you are qualified to tell fans of other clubs if they are "real" fans is beyond hilarious

Mou Mou Land

You are trying to introduce the 'you all look the same to white people argument', which is shameful, as that is not what was meant at all.

I'm white and frequently get mistaken for Brian Conley, the comedian. Is that racist because we are both the same colour?

Winrar

Also 7-2 to Villa, as reigning champions too.

The result sucks but I'm over it since it didn't cost our season. No need to dwell on something we have no control over, especially if it's only one game.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Best thing about the 7-0 is that they followed it with a loss to Bournemouth. We beat Bournemouth at the same time they dropped points to Villa and effectively ended their chase.

Mmm-Qatarian

If you'd have offered me the choice between finishing top four and losing 7-0 to Liverpool at Anfield (i.e. what has happened), or not finishing top four but getting a decent result at Anfield, I'm taking the first every time. I'd genuinely go so far as to say that anyone who isn't is a moron.

We lost 5-0 at home to the tossers last season, which was probably just as embarrassing, and I've already stopped giving a shite about it because we've had a good season. Missing out on the Champions League, meanwhile, puts a sizeable dent in our financials and therefore our future transfer plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.