g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Redcafe goes into Meltdown 2015/16

Question234

They about to sign Pedro.

But they made a mistake of sitting back and not improving their team, whilst the others have. Which is why Mourinho has been pissed.

I feel we still need a forward player. But to say oh we beat Brugge and don't need anymore signings is silly.
SSSSHHHHHHH you aren't allowed to say these things in here man.

You're so whiny, wanting your team to compete and all that how dare you.

Question234

We are currently competing. We've beat every team put before us this year.
3 teams, although the games were tricky I wouldn't say high level or direct opposition. The real test for me is swansea away.

There shouldn't even be a debate over whether we need new attacking options or not. LVG said himself that we lack pace and creativity up top, name dropped mata and young and said although they are good they aren't good enough to compete at the highest level and then name dropped neymar and robben as examples.

LVG also spoke about the lack of a 20 goals striker last year.

We need more creativity and firepower up front and LVG has known and hinted this which is why I think we are still in the market. You lot that think we have the attacking options to stand up to our opposition are slightly naive, if our window closed tomorrow we'd be taking a hell of a risk. I'm not sure why people are slated or deemed whiney/negative for stating what's arguably the obvious, sure saying we won't get top 4 because of pedro is kneejerk but fans will obviously by mythed as they know we needed a player like him.

Last edited:

VanGaalEra

One good performance against substandard opposition doesn't make a 50 plus game season.

There were lots of positives to take from it, but our areas of weakness are obvious and over a long season they'll be exposed. The club have repeatedly failed to address issues with the squad over the last few years so I can see why fans are concerned - especially when City and Chelsea, who already have better squads overall are adding quality players.
Tbf, we've added more quality players in this window then Chelsea have.

MDFC Manager

I don't think it's been that much of a meltdown to be honest, seen much much worse on here.

Sure there's those who exaggerate but theyre equally matched by those professionally outraged by negative comments. I honestly think the bigger meltdown is those who have handled this by putting head firmly in sand and believing we pulled out. It may turn out we did but it's bloody unlikely .
That's not exactly melting down, is it?

RedRover

Tbf, we've added more quality players in this window then Chelsea have.
The probelm is we needed more quality players than they did. They've got a stronger squad than ours for me. If they add a decent centre-back like Stones they're set.

Smores

That's not exactly melting down, is it?
It is when you said posters then go around frantically posting this view point when people are discussing the alternative.

It's that kind of deluded optimism which provide the best RAWK material anyway.

Andy_Cole

Think I should come into this thread as I am having a meltdown! Luckily I haven't posted on the caf and embarrassed myself.

Things that are going through my head:
'First Romero, then Mane, who's next? Distin?'
'We're not even good enough to come fourth now'
'LVG out! Bring in Ancelotti NOW'

Just needed to write it all down and take a breather. This Pedro and Otemendi saga has really pissed me off.

prath92

Think I should come into this thread as I am having a meltdown! Luckily I haven't posted on the caf and embarrassed myself.

Things that are going through my head:
'First Romero, then Mane, who's next? Distin?'
'We're not even good enough to come fourth now'
'LVG out! Bring in Ancelotti NOW'

Just needed to write it all down and take a breather. This Pedro and Otemendi saga has really pissed me off.
I don't really see what's wrong with signing Romero. He played a World Cup final. Madrid s keeper was bought from levante and who plays for Costa Rica for instance.

I don't think we have dropped out of contention for top 4 just because of this too.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I agree that we have not dropped out of contention for Top 4.
HOWEVER, our aim is not Top 4. We should be aiming for Top 2.
Why has it now become acceptable for us to compete for 4th place?

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I agree that we have not dropped out of contention for Top 4.
HOWEVER, our aim is not Top 4. We should be aiming for Top 2.
Why has it now become acceptable for us to compete for 4th place?
Have we dropped out of contention for Top 2?

Born2Lose

Dont think so. Five live were all over United last night, with the hrlp of some of our idiotic fans.
I heard that, sounded like the BBC finding a couple of morons of the street, One of them didn't even know Romero's name!

Loon

:lol:
Van Gaal said two or three on the list for each position, right? So, Ottamendi was supposedly not on it at all, but who was the back-up alternative to Ramos do you think?

RedOldBoy

Van Gaal said two or three on the list for each position, right? So, Ottamendi was supposedly not on it at all, but who was the back-up alternative to Ramos do you think?
Possibly Hummels who decided to stay at Dortmund

MDFC Manager

Hummels was possibly first choice

RedOldBoy

Who have City added of note aside from Sterling
But City doesn't/didn't need as many additions as we do. They have actually done very good business in the transfer market in the Mancini era, and Pellegrini has found a very good squad to work with. Signings such as Aguero, Silva, Toure have been in their regular starting XI for years now, something we were incapable of doing i.e. Sign players that could still feature in our starting XI. Almost every player we signed during that time is either on the bench or sold.

Brightonian

This thread is a terrible idea. Take a forum full of football fans who bitterly disagree with each other then let them make it personal.

GloryHunter07

I heard that, sounded like the BBC finding a couple of morons of the street, One of them didn't even know Romero's name!
You do wonder where people like that come from. Another fan just rambled on and started talking about anything that popped into his head.

The BBC did seem to have pretty much decided Chelsea had got one over on United. Only Steve Claridge was saying that it cant have been over a few million quid, more likely that we just wanted a striker instead

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
This thread should just be record of especially ridiculous "United are doomed!"or "United embarrass me!" posts on the forum, not a discussion on how shit or not United are. God knows that's well covered elsewhere.

STE586

I think our targets are/were Real players and it's slowly backfiring on us. We thought they'd give us someone* because they were desperate to get their hands on De Gea. Yes we'd have to pay but the De Gea move would've unlocked the door for us. Turns out it's likely Real will just wait a year instead...

*we would've taken any of the following most likely:

Bale
Varane
Ramos
Ronaldo
Benzema
Kroos
Modorić
Rodriquez

Question234

And we'll still come fourth, at best.
Not if we can beat the smaller teams, our record against big the four was pretty good last year.

LVG can win the big games without having the better squad, at least give him that.