Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Christ, that Sweden one was even worse. Pathetic attempt.:lol:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Do they get marked on the dancing and prancing? They don't make the men do it.
Yes, but it's mostly a question of them losing marks if they're not moving in rhythm with the music, or if they look awkward doing it. It's supposed to be artistic and the moves are supposed to flow as a continuous story. Basically they can't just fill in time between tumbles, it's supposed to look like it belongs.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I'm not bitching (really), but isn't there a thread for olympic football?
Dutch guy just slipped of the high bar, looked pretty bad... nvm, he's up again.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Lots of bitterness towards the British Cycling team from rival countries.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/16/british-cycling-head-coach-hits-back-rivals

This quote made me chuckle, the friggin idiot

The French cyclist Michael D’Almeida, part of the sprint trio who came third to Jason Kenny, Callum Skinner and Philip Hindes in Rio, said he couldn’t understand why the British were so much better than everyone else. He suggested it was particularly baffling given the poor British performance in the run-up to the Games. At this year’s world track championships in London, the British team sprint men came in sixth, with the Kiwis winning gold. Yet in Rio the New Zealand squad had to settle for silver.

“We are human beings like them, we are made of the same stuff, we have a bike like they do, so why are they better?” he said to the press in French.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I'm not bitching (really), but isn't there a thread for olympic football?
Dutch guy just slipped of the high bar, looked pretty bad... nvm, he's up again.
Us Brits are being ferried from event to event by BBC1 and BBC4, watching finals, seeing the closing minutes of football matches etc, or we can go against the stream and watch individual sports. We're mostly on continuous channel flip, even if we don't touch the remote.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Us Brits are being ferried from event to event by BBC1 and BBC4, watching finals, seeing the closing minutes of football matches etc, or we can go against the stream and watch individual sports. We're mostly on continuous channel flip, even if we don't touch the remote.
Ah, fair enough.

saivet

Love gymnastics at the Olympics. That Simone Biles was incredible earlier. Also crazy the 16 y/o brit who got the bronze, only did her GCSEs last month!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Lots of bitterness towards the British Cycling team from rival countries.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/16/british-cycling-head-coach-hits-back-rivals

This quote made me chuckle, the friggin idiot
All the recent doping scandals has made many athletes hint at other athletes using PEDs as a way of justifying their performances. It just feels weird because I personally feel influenced by it, like I suspect that any champion could be using drugs.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Gold for Hambüchen in his last final. Brilliant!

@kouroux
Well, I can see where they're coming from. It looks pretty fishy how much stronger they suddenly looked compared to recent events. And it's cycling...hard not to put 2 and 2 together.

Last edited: