6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuriken

Just needs to shave off that beard (or whatever it is) and tell Darmian to do the same. No complaints whatsoever otherwise, he'll do lots of good for us!

Saf94

This has been his best game yet, looks very dangerous and opening up spaces for other players. The way he holds off players is so unique in this side, he really offers us so much that we didn't have before

Walters_19_MuFc

That's what you call a complete striker performance. Hasn't scored, but has more or less done everything else. Ran channels, held it up, brought people into play, took players on, had shots, worked hard off the ball - the lot. Very good first half from the big man.

El Jefe

Surprised there's not much discussion about Lukaku today.

He's already showing signs of improving his technique and hold up play as well as understanding his team mates. Our players are constantly looking for his runs and Valencia picked him out drifting into the channels a few times.

He stretches defences but also has the upper body strength to keep the ball and wait for support.

I always though Lukaku had to score to be effective, hopefully I'm wrong on this.

lostcauz

Happy with his performance but he really needed support, at times it looked like it was 3-6-1 with Pogba and Mhki not getting up the pitch enough, one of them needed to get a lot closer to him or running beyond. Would've liked to seen Rashford or Martial up top with him.
Same goes for crosses, in the box by himself a few times going up against 2-3 players.

ChaddyP

I must say, his hold up play was immence today. really held the line well. His decision making was great and his first touch is quite fine. Would have loved to see that curler from the right wing go in.

Gatti33

He did ok today, I can see he's the striker we've lacked for a while. I particularly like the fact that whenever the ball goes wide he goes straight into the box. If I had to make one criticism of him from pre-season is that sometimes he doesn't make the obvious pass or see it quick enough.

AshRK

He did ok today, I can see he's the striker we've lacked for a while. I particularly like the fact that whenever the ball goes wide he goes straight into the box. If I had to make one criticism of him from pre-season is that sometimes he doesn't make the obvious pass or see it quick enough.
This. If only rashford develops this quality, he will become an awesome striker. Lukaku is more than goals for us and I feel he will only improve even further.

Dazzmondo

Really good all-round performance. Shame he didn't get a goal. Can't really criticise him for anything, he just didn't really get that perfect ball through the centre. Most long ball attempts to him were pretty poor unfortunately probably down to Pogba not so much having a bad game but pretty mediocre by his standards. Signs look positive going into the season.

CG1010

Surprised there's not much discussion about Lukaku today.

He's already showing signs of improving his technique and hold up play as well as understanding his team mates. Our players are constantly looking for his runs and Valencia picked him out drifting into the channels a few times.

He stretches defences but also has the upper body strength to keep the ball and wait for support.

I always though Lukaku had to score to be effective, hopefully I'm wrong on this.
Agree with all of this. He was immense for us today, and its no coincidence that Mikhitaryan got 3 chances to score in the first half as their whole defence was worried about Lukaku!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Agree with all of this. He was immense for us today, and its no coincidence that Mikhitaryan got 3 chances to score in the first half as their whole defence was worried about Lukaku!
Yeah this is something I felt in the second half. As much as I love Rashford and think he's an exciting player, he just doesn't have that mega-presence that Lukaku has. He's like a magnet for two or three players and he can handle that physically without breaking a sweat.

I really hope it's what creates space next season. That and our team being confident enough to play from deeper to invite teams onto us and space to exploit.

Obiorahking_

My only issue with him that I've noticed during his Everton days is that he doesn't get his head up enough particularly in the final third. Often misses wide open passes but that's okay though. He is still young and can improve in that regard

Ashley R1+O

I wasn't here when we signed him but I think he'll be a perfect fit for us. Has the physique and intelligence to play a critical holdup, linkup as well as an important on the shoulder runner role running in behind defenses. Something that Zlatan didn't have last season was the aspect that he could push out of the way of every attacking player behind him, he was constantly dropping deep and getting bogged down into Pogba's zone and getting in the way of his ability to get free off the ball. I genuinely see this opening up Pogba's role in midfield/attack this season and I will be looking for Pogba to rise into feeding the wide players and Lukaku and getting a lot of ball free around the area to strike at goal. Perfect signing.

ManuMou

About signing a striker, I hav never been this excited ever since we signed Rooney (ie RVP wasn't that excited bcz he was just a stop gap)

1. Already a beast
2. Young & Potential
3. Exciting to watch: big, somewhat pacey, finisher

Personally I prefer Morata due to his link up play, but Lukaku jz brings more "excitement" lol

Someone please tell me I am wrong :mad::mad:

Trizy

About signing a striker, I hav never been this excited ever since we signed Rooney (ie RVP wasn't that excited bcz he was just a stop gap)

1. Already a beast
2. Young & Potential
3. Exciting to watch: big, somewhat pacey, finisher

Personally I prefer Morata due to his link up play, but Lukaku jz brings more "excitement" lol

Someone please tell me I am wrong :mad::mad:
Agreed. Off topic, are you 12? Jz asking.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
How stuoid was that? I cannot believe professional player actually did that.

Jagga7

His lack of movement always concerns me. Every time I've seen him play he barely moves.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
How stuoid was that? I cannot believe professional player actually did that.
He didn't even seem to realise the stupidity of it after it happened. Unbelievable.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If we could actually function as a team and not an embarrassment he'd get good service.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I'm not going to pass any kind of judgement on him based on that half really.

Terrible conditions for a striker.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
No service.
Yeah. Impossible to judge anything he's done as he hasn't had a chance. A bit unfortunate with the offside decision. Unfortunate that he didn't understand that he was offside, I mean.

Some of his hold up play early on was good, though.

Eddy_JukeZ

I thought his hold-up play was good.

That offside he had was an egregious error though.

WoodysWallet

Not a bad performance first half really. Can't ask much more from him in a game where we are struggling.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He did about as much as you'd expect given the service. Nothing to be concerned about

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Nothing to say really. Expect his link up play is decent if not a bit cumbersome but other than that he's done okay for getting a header on target.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
My favourite part of his game is when he puts his arms out to point when a pass isn't inch-perfect to where he wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.