6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classical Mechanic

Poor on the first goal too. He needs to get underneath that ball. He's rubbish at defending set pieces frankly.

In games like that his lack of movement makes him redundant.

LARulz

It seems quite weird. His build up play seems to actually be OK but any chance he gets he fluffs/needs several to put it in which we aren't creating. He needs to learn to create his own chances too more often, seems to only be able to do one or the other more often than not

Vilev

Elaborate?
What's to elaborate? He was slow as i don't know what, his finishing was well below average, he could have scored overhead kicks, but missed sitter all the time, his connection with other players, his link-up. How many good games did he actually had at United? Not too many, he was not a complete failure, but never actually made it here. Replacing Tevez with him was a mistake.

joedirt87

I want to say either of Rashford or Martial.
Right now if you told me we could have Perisic + another midfielder or fullback instead of Lukaku with Rashford or Martial rotating up front I would probably take it.

kundalini

An absolute liability in our box when defending free-kicks and corners. No wonder teams are targeting him. Can't seem to do anything right.

Apart from that he was ordinary.

ParkLife

What is he good at? He doesn't create anything for himself, gets outmuscled by players half his size, is a complete liability in his own box, and frankly his finishing has been dire. It's all a bit "silent domination".

AshRK

I have defended him but today he was horrendous. Yes he did not get the proper service (like always) but it's criminally sad that a guy with his physique acts like a chicken and goes hiding. All I see him do is clap clap. Feck that and start taking the game by scruff. It's his choice whether to be better than Harry Kane or be just a glorified chicharito. Right now he is looking like latter.

Member 5225

What is he good at? He doesn't create anything for himself, gets outmuscled by players half his size, is a complete liability in his own box, and frankly his finishing has been dire. It's all a bit "silent domination".
I have defended him but today he was horrendous. Yes he did not get the proper service (like always) but it's criminally sad that a guy with his physique acts like a chicken and goes hiding. All I see him do is clap clap. Feck that and start taking the game by scruff. It's his choice whether to be better than Harry Kane or be just a glorified chicharito. Right now he is looking like latter.
Totally agree, I really want him to do well for us.
But his lack of physical ability despite his physique seems to be a common trend. It is so tiresome to see.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Looked very good against Leicester, not so much today I thought, somebody needs to put him off the defensive corners too I guess. For all the good clearances he's done, mistake like today and against City, freak as they may be, will be ones sticking out.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Not his day today. Poor in fact. Still fed very little service mind. Tough going for any striker of ours. Only one providing service is Young, which is a disgrace.

Fluctuation0161

He at least created some good chances against Leicester but tonight, once again his defending assisted an opposition goal. He can’t play in that defensive role and it looks like it impacts his confidence having to defend (badly). Let him focus on scoring goals which is why we bought him.

The misheader tonight was a clear cut opportunity for us and he wasted it. I feel for him but he needs to improve. Why do we persist in playing him to defend set pieces? No point having a big lad in there if he can’t defend!

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Love how he stands still behind two defenders and waves his arms in frustration every time the ball doesn't reach him, instead of trying to make a near post movement or something. I wonder if, in Lukaku's gormless head, he's absolutely faultless and the helpless victim of terrible service (yes the service isn't great but he's not making it easy).

75 million.
Likely to be £90m due to "easily achievable" addons. :(

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My word, he is shocking defending in our own box.

Going forward I don't really expect Lukaku to not depend heavily on service. He hasn't got a very good all round game which makes performing in a weak team performance difficult. I sometimes do wonder if he's the right striker for an elite club.

Classical Mechanic

He at least created some good chances against Leicester but tonight, once again his defending assisted an opposition goal. He can’t play in that defensive role and it looks like it impacts his confidence having to defend (badly). Let him focus on scoring goals which is why we bought him.

The misheader tonight was a clear cut opportunity for us and he wasted it. I feel for him but he needs to improve. Why do we persist in playing him to defend set pieces? No point having a big lad in there if he can’t defend!
Leicester play a more open game. Against tight defences, unless someone puts a cross right on his nogin he is ineffective. He needs better movement and he needs to fight the defenders more in such a game.

peridigm

The worrying thing about Lukaku is we’ve got so much invested in him we can’t just chuck him out. He’ll be here for at least 3 years. We need him back to the way he started the season if were going to get anything this season.

amolbhatia50k

He's good at finishing, and physically a handful in attack. However, whether that is enough at a club that aims to be the best remains to be seen. I find it hard to see this guy as among the very best CFs in Europe. I think he's good, but he's more a 3rd/4th/5th/6th place team in terms of natural ability. Then again, I never thought Kane was capable of reaching that level either and he did. So maybe Lukaku will score 40 goals next season but as of now, I am weary.

amolbhatia50k

The worrying thing about Lukaku is we’ve got so much invested in him we can’t just chuck him out. He’ll be here for at least 3 years. We need him back to the way he started the season if were going to get anything this season.
At the start of the season we were on a roll because we started well and played some average teams. The doubt will Lukaku has always been his quality when things are tight. And that doubt, for me, persists.

Bobski

Lecister was good because they had a suicidal high line. Not good enough with his touch when the space is as a compressed at it was today.

Chicharito_

Sometimes I still wish we could be talking about which striker we need to sign to take this club forward like we were last season..

ti vu

That's not the worry. The worry is the squad we assembled (even supposed great/very good players, talent) can't gel into a solid style. I am talking about wide players, full backs, winger, wide forwards. While nobody can scare 90% of the chance they get and Lukaku bottled the chance vs City, he pretty did well enough when he got the service. Has grinder us 3 points for few occasions now despite lack of service and his own flaw. Our service to him is piss poor. We can't cross to save our lives.

While the need for him to improve his overall game is indeed needed, it's not urgent as players' development take time. The problem all round with the service men which some of them can't get more experience, is just baffling. It's not the first time it's mentioned

Fluctuation0161

Leicester play a more open game. Against tight defences, unless someone puts a cross right on his nogin he is ineffective. He needs better movement and he needs to fight the defenders more in such a game.
He had a cross right on his noggin today and fluffed it! His confidence must be shot. Frustrating.

We need to play him on the last man stretching defences and not anywhere else. He is a one dimensional player but can be effective as a poacher/goal scorer.

SATA

We could have got Chicharito back for 7.5m and he would have got the same number of goals than Lukaku or even more. Romelu's refusal to move in and around the box is absolutely shocking

AP88

Supports
Man City
What happens when you allow that mercenary pimp Raiola to dictate transfer policy in exchange for Pogba. Enjoy.

KGBhoy

Absolutely dire. I didn't rate him before United, but was willing to give him a chance.
It's not that the desire is not there - he's just not good enough.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Finished RvP who I didn't like at all in his last season was better player than him, IMO. And he was far more useful in our box too.

Lukaku looks far more dangerous to our goal than opponent's. He will improve, no doubt, but he will never be a great player for a top team with his skill set.

lex talionis

Lukaku is the player I'm most concerned about. His movement off the ball is appalling and he's easily defended with the ball -- and his deep defending has become a serious liability. It's time for Mourinho to start Rashford up top, at least for a few matches before bringing Lukaku back after he's had a chance to clear his head and perhaps get some badly needed rest.

James Peril

Kept an eye on his movement today. Absolutely pathetic for a top level footballer. Flat footed constantly in the box
His movement, except the obvious runs into space, is atrocious. That’s the main difference between him and Kane - who’s always trying to get rid of defenders. He’s heavy and not very interested in doing the extra work, and that’s why he’s never going to be any special.

He scores goals, but he’s scoring WBA-goals. Headers and obvious chances, never anything out of nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.