SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Almost got into a massive fight about this last night.

Went for a drive yesterday just to see the emptiness really. As I was around there was one pub that had music playing and punters drinking outside.

Obviously I didn’t want to leave my car but drove by and told them they were all tossers. I fully expected some shit back, but two big lads calmly approached and said that I wasn’t to worry, they were affluent and likeminded people with the UK’s best interests at heart. Boy was I relieved!
:lol:

Shark

@NotShark
In ireland a group of teenagers surrounded a female jogger and kept coughing at her. She happens to be a nurse. Why are teens such little scumbags?
Christ, they really don’t give a feck and their parents aren’t any better. We closed schools for this, throw them back in.

Sweet Square

Went for a drive yesterday just to see the emptiness really. As I was around there was one pub that had music playing and punters drinking outside.

Obviously I didn’t want to leave my car but drove by and told them they were all tossers. I fully expected some shit back, but two big lads calmly approached and said that I wasn’t to worry, they were affluent and likeminded people with the UK’s best interests at heart. Boy was I relieved!

Jacko21

NHS daily correspondence to the vulnerable group is now advising to stock up on dried goods and to get a bag ready in case you’re admitted to hospital.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Where did this come from?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I overheard two guys today wondering if you can get coronavirus if you wear a condom. And they weren't joking.

Scholes.92

Hi wondering if anyone can help. I suffer from Asthma and have discussed with work having 12 weeks of isolation which has been agreed. The role I work can and has been covered. I rang my GP for a sick note to cover this but was told to ring 111. Im struggling to get through and as they are obviously so busy am not wanting to take up there time if i don't need to. I can see a form for a 2 week self isolation note online but does anyone have any suggestions for the 12 weeks or have dealt with this themselves?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Hi wondering if anyone can help. I suffer from Asthma and have discussed with work having 12 weeks of isolation which has been agreed. The role I work can and has been covered. I rang my GP for a sick note to cover this but was told to ring 111. Im struggling to get through and as they are obviously so busy am not wanting to take up there time if i don't need to. I can see a form for a 2 week self isolation note online but does anyone have any suggestions for the 12 weeks or have dealt with this themselves?
Have you had the letter stating you have been identified as vulnerable?

I haven't had anything yet and I'm on two immunosuppressants, so I'm kind of expecting one. I was hoping there'd be some sort of advice on that correspondence.

I'm surprised your GP can't do this for you, even if it's just a rolling sick note to cover the 12 weeks. I wouldnt have thought a sicknote would come from anyone at 111, but I might be wrong.

GPs seem to be totally in the dark about everything right now, to be fair.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Guardian said:
Up to 5,000 students will be allowed to return to the campus of Liberty University in Virginia when it reopens this week. The conservative Christian school’s president, Jerry Falwell Jr, wrongly claimed that young people “don’t have the conditions that put them at risk” and that the decision to reopen would protect students by bringing them together on campus. The move by Falwell Jr, one of Donald Trump’s most prominent and loyal supporters, came two days after Virginia’s governor announced that all state schools would close for the remainder of the academic year.
*rolls eyes*

Yik

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...home-testing-to-be-made-available-within-days

Some light at the end of the tunnel?

Theres (hopefully) hundreds of thousands of asymptomatic people and people who've already recovered with mild cases. Hopefully in a few weeks time we have enough people in these categories who can emerge from the lockdown situation and restart society. It would be tricky to prove you're "clean" unless we try what the Chinese did and somehow link it with an app or something.

I know for me personally, living in London I've probably been exposed to it. My flatmate had a severe flu a couple of weeks back and I'm pretty sure he coughed enough in the common areas to make sure I got it a hundred times over. However I luckily have absolutely no symptoms of the cold/flu. I found it odd because if it was a normal flu, I probably would have caught it from him.

Scholes.92

Have you had the letter stating you have been identified as vulnerable?

I haven't had anything yet and I'm on two immunosuppressants, so I'm kind of expecting one. I was hoping there'd be some sort of advice on that correspondence.

I'm surprised your GP can't do this for you, even if it's just a rolling sick note to cover the 12 weeks. I wouldnt have thought a sicknote would come from anyone at 111, but I might be wrong.

GPs seem to be totally in the dark about everything right now, to be fair.
I haven't yet mate no. Rang 111 and have been told I could be waiting up to an hour when I don't think its likely I will be getting one. Im surprised myself GP's aren't doing me one, especially seeing as me and the other person I live with are both vulnerable.

hopefully we get one over the next couple of days

RedDevil@84

In ireland a group of teenagers surrounded a female jogger and kept coughing at her. She happens to be a nurse. Why are teens such little scumbags?
Seems as bad as the teens (and grownups) who are licking stuff in supermarkets in US for the kicks and tiktok videos.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...home-testing-to-be-made-available-within-days

Some light at the end of the tunnel?

Theres (hopefully) hundreds of thousands of asymptomatic people and people who've already recovered with mild cases. Hopefully in a few weeks time we have enough people in these categories who can emerge from the lockdown situation and restart society. It would be tricky to prove you're "clean" unless we try what the Chinese did and somehow link it with an app or something.

I know for me personally, living in London I've probably been exposed to it. My flatmate had a severe flu a couple of weeks back and I'm pretty sure he coughed enough in the common areas to make sure I got it a hundred times over. However I luckily have absolutely no symptoms of the cold/flu. I found it odd because if it was a normal flu, I probably would have caught it from him.
Thank you for that it's nice to see some form of progress.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Seems as bad as the teens (and grownups) who are licking stuff in supermarkets in US for the kicks and tiktok videos.
No it doesn't. It's one thing to be stupid and put yourself at risk, quite another to basically assault another person for laughs.

Although the supermarket stuff is super cnutish, you can wash the products when you get home.

Deery

Dreary
Had two electricians in today, he called me beforehand and said I had to stand in another room until they were finished for sanitation reasons.
Weird experience as am quite friendly I never even really seen what they looked like.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Had two electricians in today, he called me beforehand and said I had to stand in another room until they were finished for sanitation reasons.
Weird experience as am quite friendly I never even really seen what they looked like.
Hope you counted the family silver after they left!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It's getting pretty horrific here now in that respect. Funerals are banned and they have already been sending coffins in army convoys to crematoriums in nearby provinces because they can't cremate the bodies fast enough, and now they are starting to run out of coffins too.
That sounds awful. Sometimes you concentrate so much on the pure numbers and data and graphs, you forget about the human side of it. That's why that Tweet stopped me in my tracks.

Yik

Thank you for that it's nice to see some form of progress.
Yes indeed its the only thing that makes me feel optimistic. Especially because it would give a massive boost to the NHS as well. I know they've set up a volunteer service, so this would be invaluable for that, especially those coming in contact with elderly and vulnerable members of society.

It will solve a lot of problems in tracing hotspots as well. Its just a no brainer really, this should be available for every man, woman and child in the nation by the next couple of months.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
The latest global supply shortage being urgently discussed in hospitals right now is the possibility of running out of oxygen. FFS.

Well how is it done? I wondered about 100 pages back if SCUBA shops can do it with their compressors. But I'm expecting that the oxygen contents are different.

Smores

Yes indeed its the only thing that makes me feel optimistic. Especially because it would give a massive boost to the NHS as well. I know they've set up a volunteer service, so this would be invaluable for that, especially those coming in contact with elderly and vulnerable members of society.

It will solve a lot of problems in tracing hotspots as well. Its just a no brainer really, this should be available for every man, woman and child in the nation by the next couple of months.
It's certainly very good news for care and NHS workers.

For the general public it's probably too soon to make much of a difference. It'll be interesting as we'll still need social distancing for a while, but if you've had it then it won't apply? You almost need some proper certification to allow you to go freely.