5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoof the ball

I like the way Scott's played on this pre-season tour. He's a big lad, which will put him in Mou's good books. He can play too though. People talking about Matic doing for Fellaini. Maybe it's McTominay really putting the manager at ease with the Fellaini sale?
That's what I thought. He has the upside of Fellaini being physical and tall, but without Fellaini's deficiencies on the ball. It's early yet, but, we'll see.

Cro

I really like his decision making and how he keeps the game fluid. Well taken goal today and overall looked really positive on tour.

el3mel

Good game from him. I may change my view on him but need to see him doing this in much stronger games first, though.

Acole9

Outstanding
Well taken goal, comes across as very professional too. All too rare nowadays with young players in football.

Rossa

His technique is a little reminiscent of a slightly younger Carrick. He makes those nice effective dribbles and just keeps the ball moving. I think he might be something this lad.

Dante

Average bang
He looks like a better prospect than Pereira, to me. After 3 or 4 seasons of experience, I think McTominay will have been more likely to have ironed out his shortcomings.

Hopefully both iron out their shortcomings, though. Pereira's ceiling is higher if he does.

Loublaze

ATLien
He looks like a better prospect than Pereira, to me. After 3 or 4 seasons of experience, I think McTominay will have been more likely to have ironed out his shortcomings.

Hopefully both iron out their shortcomings, though. Pereira's ceiling is higher if he does.
I very much doubt this and I don't know what you're seeing because Pereira grew by leaps and bounds last season on loan

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Mctominay was regular for u23 team last year and never once stuck out for me. A functional player at best.
It may be that he's suddenly got better. It happens. He's only 20. I think he might be quite good if he keeps grounded and works hard.

NoPace

No.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

roseguy64

Mourinho has taken him with the squad along with Tuanzebe. Fancy he'll stay for the first half of the season and maybe go out on loan in January depending on how often he plays and how well we do in the League Cup.

Dante

Average bang
He has intelligence, physicality and very tidy technique. He'll never be another Messi, but he can be a top player without needing to make any impossible jumps in development. The road ahead is relatively straightforward for the lad. He just has to want it badly enough.
For Pereira to make it, he needs to learn a lot of very difficult lessons. The potential is there to be one of the best in Europe, but he'll need to navigate a minefield to get there.

It's like the difference between Lingard and Januzaj. It's much easier to polish a pearl than a diamond in the rough.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

False.

Dante

Average bang
This is one kid you can't judge solely by watching the youth teams. His growth spurt has turned him into a different human being, let alone a different player. I like the maturity of his passing and awareness of his teammates on the pitch. Hope he make the most of his chance.

FromTheBench

Doubt t he will get much game time this season but training with the fist team might be a boost for him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
This is one kid you can't judge solely by watching the youth teams. His growth spurt has turned him into a different human being, let alone a different player. I like the maturity of his passing and awareness of his teammates on the pitch. Hope he make the most of his chance.
So his growth spurt only applies to how he plays for their senior team? He still has his growth spurt in the u23s too and he is simply just bang average.

Shuriken

The early rounds in the cups serve as ample opportunities to let him play.

Gopher Brown

While it is hard to see him becoming an important player for us, it seems very difficult to predict anything regarding youth players. Would people have assumed that Darren Fletcher and John O'Shea would become important figures for us from their showings in the youth teams in the early-2000s? Would Rashford be playing at Yeovil now if Martial hadn't have got injured that time? A lot of people would have had Possebon or Morrison or Will Keane as nailed on to make it here.

If the opportunity arises and he takes it, who's not to say he won't have a more successful career than Pereira or whoever else may be seen as a better prospect?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
The early rounds in the cups serve as ample opportunities to let him play.
Ahead of Herrera, Fellaini and Carrick? You never know with injuries and such i suppose. Herrera might play more soon.

aseru

Winner of EPL Predictions Game 2015-16
Striker who doesn't score/center mid who doesn't assist. Plays in positions we're most well stocked in, could be bad for his development. Would only be a justifiable move if he were training with the first team but still consistently getting games for the U23's.

khoazany

While it is hard to see him becoming an important player for us, it seems very difficult to predict anything regarding youth players. Would people have assumed that Darren Fletcher and John O'Shea would become important figures for us from their showings in the youth teams in the early-2000s? Would Rashford be playing at Yeovil now if Martial hadn't have got injured that time? A lot of people would have had Possebon or Morrison or Will Keane as nailed on to make it here.

If the opportunity arises and he takes it, who's not to say he won't have a more successful career than Pereira or whoever else may be seen as a better prospect?
Fletcher and O'Shea were very good in the youth team. Don't know what you are talking about

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Striker who doesn't score/center mid who doesn't assist. Plays in positions we're most well stocked in, could be bad for his development. Would only be a justifiable move if he were training with the first team but still consistently getting games for the U23's.
How many centre mids assist a lot though? Most centre mids aren't Xavi or Iniesta. Even Scholes didn't assist all that much for the most part. He often released the assister on the wings for example.

Realistically he's a big, strong workhorse with decent touch and passing who can make a nuisance of himself in the opposition box and help us defend in ours. He could get a squad gig here as basically Fellaini without the elbows if he works hard. Hopefully his finishing/long shots become better than Fellaini too.

Pavl3n

Didn't he go out on loan? I think I saw a tweet confirming it.

Pavl3n

That was Pereira. McTominay was rumoured to go on loan to Wolverhampton, but it didnt materialise i think.
Yeah, I saw the Pereira tweet from Valencia.
What is funny, even frustrating, you can't find any info on the official website.

Status
Not open for further replies.