Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Yeah, he needs to run around a bit and pass the ball sideways with commitment and focus.
If that's a part of Jose's tactics, so be it. Not everyone has to try to play risky forward passes and take long shots on goal. It's a team game. As long as he does his bit well, he'll help the others do their jobs better.

J_XO

Not his biggest fan at all but we need him to step up a level tonight or we could crumble in midfield

IrishRedDevil

If that's a part of Jose's tactics, so be it. Not everyone has to try to play risky forward passes and take long shots on goal. It's a team game. As long as he does his bit well, he'll help the others do their jobs better.
Whilst I agree, I prefer to watch big players on the very biggest stage (Champions League). It's the stage to try risky and adventurous things. We already have a few work horses in there with Matic and Herrera, so having a third seems overkill.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I don’t know what it is with our club and this persistence with average Scottish players.

Don’t get me wrong I’ve not seen enough of him to make a final judgement but from what I have seen he should be nowhere near our starting 11 in the biggest game of the season so far.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Whilst I agree, I prefer to watch big players on the very biggest stage (Champions League). It's the stage to try risky and adventurous things. We already have a few work horses in there with Matic and Herrera, so having a third seems overkill.
If resting Pogba tonight means he doesn't have to play at 70% tonight and he can be 100% fit for the Chelsea game, it's absolutely the right decision, considering the quality of the opposition. I'd have preferred him in the team if we were against a top team tonight but we're not so it's grand.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If resting Pogba tonight means he doesn't have to play at 70% tonight and he can be 100% fit for the Chelsea game, it's absolutely the right decision, considering the quality of the opposition. I'd have preferred him in the team if we were against a top team tonight but we're not so it's grand.
Be surprised if Pogba plays against Chelsea.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t know what it is with our club and this persistence with average Scottish players.

Don’t get me wrong I’ve not seen enough of him to make a final judgement but from what I have seen he should be nowhere near our starting 11 in the biggest game of the season so far.
We’ve all seen enough to know he’s crap.

RedDevil@84

Hope he has a great game. The manager has put in lot of kind words and great confidence by starting him. Time to repay that.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I reckon this could be one of the highlights of his career. Can't see him staying at this level long-term. Imagine how exciting it must be to be starting your first game in the knockout stages of the pinnacle of football! Hope he nails it. As long as he's steady and responsible he'll be ok in what will surely be a very rigid, defensive setup. He is pretty decent at those long rangy runs up the field - could help us get a goal on the break even!

Woodzy

He looks a confident lad (made this decision based on 2 seconds of him in the tunnel).

Sevilla 0:0 Man Utd

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
We’ve all seen enough to know he’s crap.
That's the spirit. The ideal scenario is that he works his arse off, plays a blinder and we come away with a win. That, my friend, will be a victory for football and the United way. And if it goes tits up, take your ire out on the special one, not the young lad.

Jonno

Really pleased for him. He's worked hard, improved dramatically this last few months. At this stage of his career he's doing everything right, he's doing the basics the manager asks of him, staying disciplined, holding good positions, and he's only going to improve from here.

So pleased to see. A shame to read many United fans on here writing him off as crap, not good enough, "Cleverley MK2", very naive. Anyone would think we don't want our homegrown players to do well.

Castia

He’s a young lad who’s trying his best but he’s not at his level playing for United in the Champions League knockout stage.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
He’s a young lad who’s trying his best but he’s not at his level playing for United in the Champions League knockout stage.
He's spent the good part of 37 mins running aimlessly in circles and when he does get the ball it ends with a shit pass.

I have no idea how anyone has convinced themselves that he's doing quite well so far.

Tiber

I thought he impressed in the preseason and he has done ok when given the chance this year.

But starting in a champions league knockout game away from home? feels a bit off to me

EmileHeskey

he's been given a job to do by jose and hes doing well, geez its like some off you lot expect him to nutmeg 5 players run 1v1 then chip it over the keeper every game,

for a young lad with hardly any big or any first football hes very composed

Based Adnan

Quite obvious hes been asked to play a selfless role tonight and do a job on Banega who has been ineffective. Not sure how you can be watching the match and not understand this tbh.

binary bot
He's a bit shit on the ball, but clearly in the team for his defensive contribution - which he's doing well.

Roboc7

He is a very limited player but trying his best and doing ok by his standards. I think it’s embarassing we choose to pick players who are big and run around a lot but can’t really pass the ball but that is what the manager seems to value.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He’s been average not what I’d expect to be playing in a key CL game.

He needs more game time so we can judge him but just not in a game of this magnitude.

Classical Mechanic

His doing fine. A solid 6/10. His job isn't to be the creator, that's Pogba's role. He's looked calm and has sured up the midfield. With it being his first CL run oit, Fair do's.
What is his job exactly? Only Smalling and Lukaku have had less touches, he has no tackles, no interceptions, won a couple of headers ans made one clearance. If he is supposed to be man marking Banega then that was a disaster given he's had 29 more touches than any other player and made 7 key passes!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think he's done well today, looked calm and hasn't done anything stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.