5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abou7

I feel sorry for him. He should be enjoying his football coming up from the youth team but Mourinho has decided to make him look like Cleverley.

Contano

Great game from the young fella. 21 years of age, first proper season playing first team footie, starting a 2nd round champs game against a team like Sevilla. One can't expect miracles from the kid at this stage. What's important is the cool head on him, calm, collected, relaxed and doing the simple things well. This is the job given to him by Mourinho. As he plays more, gets more experience, gets more confidence he will surely create more and be braver in his play in general. He looked at ease out there tonight. That says alot. Well done Sir and may your future with the Reds be long and fruitful.

AR87

One of the few players who doesn't piss themselves and just hoof it up when put under pressure. Not at the level yet to be a difference maker in big matches, but he has a good mentality and better technical ability than I expected.

cyberman

I'm sick of reading false praise about this kid.
Every other post is did well... but not good enough in long run.
Looked composed.. but isn't the quality we need.
He looks very disciplined and a great shield for the defence.
When was the last time the Matic thread has been bumped talking about how tired he looks etc? This kid takes so much pressure away from him unlike Pogba who goes wandering but that's ok since he has this mythical licence to roam.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
I like him and I hope he becomes a solid player for us in the future.

Ban

I'm sick of reading false praise about this kid.
Every other post is did well... but not good enough in long run.
Looked composed.. but isn't the quality we need.
He looks very disciplined and a great shield for the defence.
When was the last time the Matic thread has been bumped talking about how tired he looks etc? This kid takes so much pressure away from him unlike Pogba who goes wandering but that's ok since he has this mythical licence to roam.
I'm confused, so was he ok or not?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I like this kid. One of the few bright spots tonight

Walters_19_MuFc

Erm? I think DDG might just edge that.
De Gea made a fantastic save, and quite easily could have got my vote, but I went with McTominay.

When you consider that he made his first CL knockout start at 21, away from home against a pretty good team in Sevilla, who rarely lose at home, then that's why I gave it him.

cyberman

@Ban
Yes. He played very well.
Just not what we need for the future. Lets buy Busquets if he fancies it.

Sylar

Thought he did well. A few time he did well to keep the ball under pressure and not get knocked off it which was good to see. Think hes always gonna keep it simple.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Hard to say what to expect from this lad. Jose tossing him on deep waters with that CL game and surprisingly Scott shows some fight in him under pressure.

Next summer team will bring midfielders anyway but perhaps he'll be still useful in some cup games.

AndersB

@Ban
Yes. He played very well.
Just not what we need for the future. Lets buy Busquets if he fancies it.
I mean, some of you guys...

Is that seriously what you think following that performance, and the ones we've seen in the past months? Get yet another expensive toy (and an over-the-top one again at that) and hope it finally starts gelling?

God, I miss the old United feeling of players that - though individually great - were actually playing for the shirt and the team before anything else.

If I have to watch Busquets lying on the ground faking another injury in a United shirt, I'll just as well go get five meters of good rope, an iron hook, and something to drill it into the ceiling with.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
De Gea made a fantastic save, and quite easily could have got my vote, but I went with McTominay.

When you consider that he made his first CL knockout start at 21, away from home against a pretty good team in Sevilla, who rarely lose at home, then that's why I gave it him.
De Gea made one fantastic save, one showy but straightforward enough one and a bunch of piss easy ones. This was not the sort of game where a keeper gets man of the match. No matter how awesome that one save was (very awesome)

Axkiko

Although I still rated him as an average youngster, but he looked good tonight. Not much quality on the ball but recovered the ball well. Mourinho really liked that kind of players.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I feel sorry for him. He should be enjoying his football coming up from the youth team but Mourinho has decided to make him look like Cleverley.
I don't understand this post. I mean, what does that even mean? Is it a joke?

R'hllor

You say how kid wasnt the worst out there and you get hit with "not good enough for the future" etc. If he isnt good enough then what about others who are a bit or more older? Let alone him being good enough for the future or not have feck all to do with his performance tonight. Better to buy someone from non PL league as squad player i guess.

AR87

I thought after halftime the midfield 3 looked much better. You could see it especially towards the end when Martial and Rashford gave the width on both flanks and gave us options to stretch the opposition and play forward passes after breaking the press.

Walters_19_MuFc

De Gea made one fantastic save, one showy but straightforward enough one and a bunch of piss easy ones. This was not the sort of game where a keeper gets man of the match. No matter how awesome that one save was (very awesome)
I agree, and that's why I gave to Scott. Really pleased with him.

cyberman

@Rossa
It was tongue in cheek buddy. He is a DM that covers ground very well but posters ask what does he do that's so special.
He could be our Casemiro but posters seem fixated on some ball playing, deep laying playmaker type.
There doesn't seem to be many better 20 year old Dm out there, I can't see why everybody is in a rush to judge him.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I thought he was decent, was on his own effectively in midfield and in the circumstances gave a good performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.