5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

Jesus. I didn’t watch the second half but is that even possible?!?
No, it is hyperbole. 26/30 completed passes, 1st give away was a mix up with Rashford who wanted the ball behind but the ball was played to feet, second was a drop off to the left thinking that there was an overlap, directly out of play and the the worst was a club footed clunk out of play trying to switch it to Malacia. Don't recall the other.

He actually played 4/5 really good passes between the lines.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Jesus. I didn’t watch the second half but is that even possible?!?
It was strange. He actually looked pretty damn good for the first 20 minutes or so. Broke the lines both with dribbling and some sharp passing a number of times. Then it was like somebody flipped a switch and instantly his passing became absolutely meme-worthy.

The United

No, it is hyperbole. 26/30 completed passes, 1st give away was a mix up with Rashford who wanted the ball behind but the ball was played to feet, second was a drop off to the left thinking that there was an overlap, directly out of play and the the worst was a club footed clunk out of play trying to switch it to Malacia. Don't recall the other.

He actually played 4/5 really good passes between the lines.
It is not exactly a hyperbole though when you do like 5 yards passes and they went out for throw-ins. It looks though that that he does not seem to look before he passes at times.

Bobski

It is not exactly a hyperbole though when you do like 5 yards passes and they went out for throw-ins. It looks though that that he does not seem to look before he passes at times.
The initial comment was that his passing was even more dreadful than usual, he had 66% pass completion last week, 87% this week, but yes a couple today were really bad.

Oranges038

Started out ok, then turned to shit.

That "pass" he slung out for a throw and the heavy touch and tackle summed him up.

He just doesn't do enough well enough to be good enough.

jem

Useless. Seems to have a good attitude (no small thing on this team,) but he is so far off the requisite standard it's not even funny.

Red_toad

Apparently him and Fred and have blocked Golbridge on Instagram. Hahahahaha
Brent is a complete melt and blocks anyone who criticises him, so who gives a shite if the players block his feckin whining opinions. Over seeing his name on here like he's relevant to the club or the sport.

JeffFromHK

Useless. Seems to have a good attitude (no small thing on this team,) but he is so far off the requisite standard it's not even funny.
I feel doomed needing to convince every single fan here that his attitude is not that good.

He is lazy and rarely breaks a sprint and loves responsibility diffusion.

jem

I feel doomed needing to convince every single fan here that his attitude is not that good.

He is lazy and rarely breaks a sprint and loves responsibility diffusion.
Sorry for your martyrdom JeffFromHK.

Waynne

Malacia is doing a throw in. Throws the ball to Scott who then runs with ball at feet straight back to Malacia who's still on the touch line and passes it back to him less than a foot away.
Malacia gave him an absolute bollocking.

Why the feck would you make such a pass, nevermind run yourself into a corner.

What the feck is McTominay still doing in this team?

Red Rash

Although he started off ok when he came on I'm glad that eventually he reverted to type and was terrible. I know it sounds bad to hope one of your players comes on and performs badly but at that stage the game was over and the more damaging thing would be if he played well.

If McTominay had a blinding second half I could see the owners using this as a reason not to buy a new CM and we know that McT has a good games maybe 1 out of every 10 only.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Again, it’s telling that this thread has had about 5x more responses than Fred’s. One player was shocking in the first half and got hooked at halt time, the other came on at half time already 4-0 down and had a good 25 mins and a poor 20.

Longshanks

I thought he was fine when he came on stabilised us massively, people have a serious thing against him but he was pretty decent one or two questionable moments aside.

Is he good enough? No, but at the very least he won't completely lose the physical and aerial battle in midifled allowing us to get bullied by sides like Brentford and actually allowing us to get some control and build some pressure.

If its single 6 going forward its him or the untested Garner and thats the choices. Fred, eriksen, v.d.b and even F.J.D if he comes will get dominated physically in the PL as a single 6 and we won't ever have enough control to actually play ETH's 'patterns of play, and will concede a shed load of chances after losing second balls in midfield.

nau05194

I thought Scott was useful to have on the pitch in the second half. He was mixed in possession: More good and bland, but he did have a 3 or 4 dodgy moments too on the ball. Physically is where he stood out a mile. He was strong, energetic and I felt he brought something to the team from a defensive side of things that was missing in the first half.

I don't think we have anyone who brings that skillset in the middle of the park and I think at times in the Premier League it's needed.

Just as a separate note it seemed clear he was playing in a deeper role than he has been doing since Erik Ten Hag was appointed and I thought he partnered reasonably well with Christian Eriksen in midfield.

Last edited:

dutchred

Maybe EtH can convert him to a right back. He did it with Masaroui

Sylar

Still astounds me that even Scotland don't think he's good enough to start in midfield but we still persist years on

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Forgive the music accompanying it, but how can anyone watch this lad and say someone like Rabiot wouldn't be any better.

Idxomer

He's gonna end someone's career one day with one of his tackles.

tomaldinho1

Forgive the music accompanying it, but how can anyone watch this lad and say someone like Rabiot wouldn't be any better.
Because they have seen McT in that role for so long they just assume he’s the right kind of level and that it would take an amazing player to upgrade him.

nau05194

Still astounds me that even Scotland don't think he's good enough to start in midfield but we still persist years on
As a follower of the Scotland National team I think it's more accurate label his role with Scotland as horses for courses. Scotland have used McSauce in central midfield around 50% of the time and as a right sided centre back around 50% of the time in the past two years. In June '22 he played 164 minutes as a right sided centre back and 146 in central midfield.

McTominay is physically well suited to be a centre back, but combined with his ability on the ball improves Scotland's ability to play through the opposition press and means we can control games better. Alternatively, his physical profile is regularly preferred in midfield depending on what is needed as seen against Austria, Israel, Czech Republic, Faroe Islands (2021) and most recently at stages in the games against Ukraine, Ireland and Armenia where he adjusted position as those games developed.

JoaquinJoaquin

McTominay is terrible, and arguably the worst player to ever make over 100 appearances for United...

But, he wasn't even that bad on Saturday to be honest.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Hadn't realised he'll be 26 years old before the end of this year. For some reason I thought he was younger.

Ibi Dreams

Anyway I'm done making excuses for him. Maybe in some games he's not the worst or not that bad. Maybe he is a bit of a scapegoat. Maybe he does try hard. Whatever. He's miles away from the standard of midfielder we need, and everyone knows it.

Criminal how long he's been a starting player for us.

JeffFromHK

We call that "The Lingard Effect"
We always underestimate the age of our own academy players for no reason

It happened to Lingard, we treated him like a teenage prospect until he was 27
Andreas Pereira being 26 years old stunned fans
We treat Chong as teenage prospect who deserves to be naive and shaky on the pitch while he is 22.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

:lol: This gave me a good laugh. Thank you.

No idea why this bloke still represents Manchester United. The state of those passes.

Telsim

He is not fit to play for Manchester United, but I used to think a bottom half team could potentially make good use of him. I still think that. But this time it's the bottom half of the Scottish premiership.

No one can convince me there aren't certain interests in the club that demand he stay here and play. How could 4 managers look at him and think he is good enough? No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.