Sergio Aguero | Performances

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He was shit. Could have given him the ball all day and he wouldn't score.
Easy to say that now mate, but he was their sharpest player, and everytime he was free you feared he might lash one in.

Was that last chance in about the 95th min, the long cross, and on my stream it wasn't quite clear where that ball had ended up!! Brown pants!

padr81

Supports
Man City
If he wasn't so short he would have been sent off.
He really is a little cnut. There was a drop ball and the ref signalled for Fellaini to pass it back, the ref drops the ball and Sergio comes up from behind and toe pokes it from behind Fellaini so the ball stays in Uniteds half.
Feck sake!
The ball didn't stay in your half, he passed it back to the fullback because he thought Fellaini would hoof it out of play for a goal kick or something.

cyberman

The ball didn't stay in your half, he passed it back to the fullback because he thought Fellaini would hoof it out of play for a goal kick or something.
Yes but it wasn't on him to do so. He sneaked in after everything was agreed.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He's still got his technique but his pace and his sudden, one-step acceleration to open space for a shot have definitely taken a hit. That used to be his biggest weapon, too. I can see him losing his place next season.

meninred

Kun aguero is a pure finisher.If i am not mistaken his assist is 0.He has similar style to the great romario or samuel eto from recent. With him you are almost guaranteed 20 goals a season.His inconsistency comes from injury or not being fully fit.

gibers

Kun aguero is a pure finisher.If i am not mistaken his assist is 0.He has similar style to the great romario or samuel eto from recent. With him you are almost guaranteed 20 goals a season.His inconsistency comes from injury or not being fully fit.
Except he is nowhere near Romario's level and Eto'o was a much better striker. Aguero misses too many chances. If that is what a pure finisher looks like no wonder City are struggling to score. GJ should bench him once he is fit. He just makes too many poor decisions.

bdecuc

Square up, shove your head in, wait for the fella to react and dive to the ground screaming.

Aguero must be very proud of himself tonight.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's always been a cheat. Thank feck the only thing he could finish was his impression of a dying man tonight.

lsd

The Oracle
He's still got his technique but his pace and his sudden, one-step acceleration to open space for a shot have definitely taken a hit. That used to be his biggest weapon, too. I can see him losing his place next season.

Agreed he was still dangerous obviously but certainly looked as poor as iv seen from him ..I don't think he had long left as a started at City .. Sadly Jesus looks like it won't be a great loss for city .

NoPace

Tough thing to foresee, but if they'd played De Bruyne as the 9 and let him drop off and just used someone else in his place in midfield, they'd have won.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Square up, shove your head in, wait for the fella to react and dive to the ground screaming.

Aguero must be very proud of himself tonight.
You forgot - act as if you're dying from the pain, get up 3sec later looking like nothing has happened.
It just warms your heart when you see stuff like that doesn't it..

Eddy_JukeZ

Fellaini should have smashed him.

Despicable footballer. Squares up as if he'd do anything to Fellers. He knew what he was doing. Always been a cheat. Just seems to go unnoticed by a few.

bdecuc

You forgot - act as if you're dying from the pain, get up 3sec later looking like nothing has happened.
It just warms your heart when you see stuff like that doesn't it..
Yeah heartwarming stuff. It seems peculiar to football that we're told Fellaini deserves to be sent off while Aguero was 'clever'. More like Fellaini was a fool but Aguero was a cheat.

lsd

The Oracle
Was a Rooney like performance from him i thought.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah heartwarming stuff. It seems peculiar to football that we're told Fellaini deserves to be sent off while Aguero was 'clever'. More like Fellaini was a fool but Aguero was a cheat.
Spot on

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Left out by argentina, Looks like he will need first team football to play the next world cup. He may be going in the summer.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Left out by argentina, Looks like he will need first team football to play the next world cup. He may be going in the summer.
Has Aguero ever had a sustained period of form for Argentina?

Fenomeno9

For the most part, he awful for them. I think it's a good decision by Sampaoli.

beckbeck

he's going to play 3-4-3 right? with mascherano as a libero

-------------Romero------------------

----Otamedi--Mascherano---Mercado---

--Biglia--Paredes--Banega--Di Maria

---------Messi-------Dybala------

--------------El Pipita------------

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Only friendlies right? Plus I'm not sure Aguero's heart is in the national side like it is for City.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Salvio? Wth not even benfiquistas rate him. Most want him benched. He was good but injuries ruined him. Don't understand this call up

padr81

Supports
Man City
Only 20 players in that squad and 3 defenders, weird... Sergio was also dropped for the key game with Bolivia in their most important qualifier in March, clearly not rated by Sampaoli.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
He's started 11 of the last 13 Premier League games, scoring in 7 of them and providing 2 assists. The one game he missed totally was through injury and in the other game he didn't start he came on as a late sub to ease him back into the team after that injury. When he's been fit and available this season he's started all except those two games when Gabriel was given a short run.

Try harder.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He's started 11 of the last 13 Premier League games, scoring in 7 of them and providing 2 assists. The one game he missed totally was through injury and in the other game he didn't start he came on as a late sub to ease him back into the team after that injury. When he's been fit and available this season he's started all except those two games when Gabriel was given a short run.

Try harder.
I just ignore comments like those dude. You'd swear he's played 5 games this season or something the way some go on. 32 goals in 36 starts and 8 sub appearances for Kun, He's been lethal. Him being out of the Argentina team is great news for City imho.

Of 37 league games he's been suspened for 6 and injured for 1, so thats 24 starts from 30 possible games and of the 6 sub apps a couple were carrying knocks.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Try harder.
Whilst true, there is clearly something not quite right in the relationship of Pep and Aguero.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Whilst true, there is clearly something not quite right in the relationship of Pep and Aguero.
I would say its more "there was something..." Since he's gotten dropped Pep has had nothing but praise for Sergio's change in attitude and I count at least 3 times where the plaudits were doing elsewhere and Pep singles Aguero out for special praise. I think Pep asked questions of Kun, which he answered. I do think Pep had issues with Sergio's workrate and lack of professionalism in the early season though.

Treble

He finished the season strongly but was average for half of the season (Oktober-January).

padr81

Supports
Man City
He finished the season strongly but was average for half of the season (Oktober-January).
34 goals in 37 starts. He's been working harder but was equally prolific all season.

beckbeck

I think Citeh found their line up with Aguero and Jesus together, the latter hasn't yet lost a game as a starter. Sterling as an impact sub is a better fit, since they need clinical players in the starting XI.

If they sign Fabinho and Alex Sandro as it seems like, they will be so strong.

Blind

I can definitely see them scoring 100+ next season if Aguero doesn't miss a significant amount of games.