Sergio Aguero | Performances

Irrational.

He's a cnut of the highest order and has been reaching despicable levels regularly. I'd say he's just below Suarez in the cnut chart.

Djemba-Djemba

What's impressive is he's a massive cnut and yet he never seems to get pulled up for it.

The likes of Suarez and Costa were cnuts but at least they were widely acknowledged as such. A lot of people still seem to think he's a good guy

el3mel

His days as the best striker in EPL are dead long ago, he's now diving a lot to compensate for this.

Zoo

He has always had a nasty streak. People only started to realise that last season.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
He's a cnut of the highest order and has been reaching despicable levels regularly. I'd say he's just below Suarez in the cnut chart.
Nowhere close to Suarez. Suarez loved nothing more than raking his studs on someones ankle. He dived just as much. And that is all without mentioning the occasional bite and racist abuse.

Suarez is a whole different level of cnut.

el3mel

Since when? He was always and still is a top 3 striker
Err.. did you read the post ?

His days as the best striker in EPL are dead long ago, he's now diving a lot to compensate for this.
I said "the best" not "one of the best". He's clearly not the best striker in the league anymore, I'll still put him in the top 5 though but there're much younger and better strikers at their form now, more than him.

Obiorahking_

Err.. did you read the post ?

I said "the best" not "one of the best". He's clearly not the best striker in the league anymore, I'll still put him in the top 5 though but there're much younger and better strikers at their form now, more than him.
my mistake...which strikers are better than him without mentioning the obvious name Harry Kane

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Nowhere close to Suarez. Suarez loved nothing more than raking his studs on someones ankle. He dived just as much. And that is all without mentioning the occasional bite and racist abuse.

Suarez is a whole different level of cnut.
Aguero is a dirty cnut too, just check this out

el3mel

my mistake...which strikers are better than him without mentioning the obvious name Harry Kane
Kane and Lukaku are the current top 2 strikers in the league since last season. Costa was the third one behind them last season before he left as well.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
On the current form or by name only ?

Because I'm struggling to see a reason Lukaku can't be considered the second best striker in the league now after Kane.

Since Aug 2015 goals from open play:

Lukaku 23+ 17+3=43
Kane 25 + 20+0 =45
Aguero 21+16+1+38

Assists
Lukaku 12
Kane 8
Aguero 5

Goals and Assists combined.

Lukaku 55
Kane 53
Aguero 43

el3mel

Lukaku 23+ 17+3=43
Kane 25 + 20+0 =45
Aguero 21+16+1+38

Assists
Lukaku 12
Kane 8
Aguero 5

Lukaku 55
Kane 53
Aguero 43
Thanks, you're proving my point. :D

Z_Wolf

On the current form or by name only ?

Because I'm struggling to see a reason Lukaku can't be considered the second best striker in the league now after Kane.
Why would he? Just because he out scored him for one season while playing more games? They are not on the same level.

el3mel

Why would he? Just because he out scored him for one season while playing more games? They are not on the same level.
Because we're rating players based on their current form and all I have been saying in my posts are " Currently " and " Now " so we're talking the best and most consistent strikers in the league "now" not just by their names.

Yes Aguero is a bigger name than Lukaku and by their career overall Aguero is the better player but currently Kane and Lukaku are the best current strikers in the league numbers and consistency wise.

I think that's clear.

Last edited:

Red1968

Aguero is a great striker, clinical finisher (tonight notwithstanding) but he has ALWAYS been a diver. Schniederlin's tackle on him tonight was not even a foul let alone a card. Schniederlin didn't even have his studs up, clearly hits the ball first and his slight "caress" of Aguero results in him spinning like his leg is broken. Schniederlin's card should be rescinded and Aguero brought up for discipline. Will this happen? of course not because the FA doesn't seem to understand that using HD slow Mo replays to punish fakers like Aguero retrospectively will actually discourage this BS and help the game.

Reactions: SteveJ

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

Lukaku 23+ 17+3=43
Kane 25 + 20+0 =45
Aguero 21+16+1+38

Assists
Lukaku 12
Kane 8
Aguero 5

Lukaku 55
Kane 53
Aguero 43
So to argue against Lukaku being better now, you go back 2 years and still Aguero's stats don't match up to Lukaku's?

Kane and Lukaku are better. Then there are other strikers I'd take above him, maybe due to potential. If Aguero's fit, he is still one of the best. But he isn't fit much anymore. Watching City's tunnel cam a few times, after every game he's limping in a bad way. Every game seems to really take it out of him these days.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Was terrible tonight. One of the worst players on the pitch. Him and De Bruyne

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Was terrible tonight. One of the worst players on the pitch. Him and De Bruyne
Aguero was good tonight, he missed a sitter but his general play was strong. Some great movement, hold-up play, dribbling and passing. De Bruyne gave probably the worst performance I've seen him give in a City shirt. No denying Aguero has lost his edge in front of goal though. He'll still score more than enough, but he's no longer as clinical as he used to be.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
If Aguero is so bad these days why are you all so excited by the idea of him getting banned?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If Aguero is so bad these days why are you all so excited by the idea of him getting banned?
I've seen maybe 2 or 3 posts really being excited by a potential banning. So not 'all', or even close to all, actually. You saying something doesn't make it true.

But I can totally see why a player who has got away with a few bad challenges and personality traits and never really get called out for it, getting banned would seem quite nice, especially for derby fans.

ti vu

Because he got other players banned by diving, maybe? However shite the opposition is, no team want to get with less player.

Last edited:

Tarrou

There seems to be an inverse correlation between his all-round cuntiness and his footballing decline.

BIGbadBOO4

2 bad dives/play acting tonight. Both players got other players sent off, wasn't Walkers second yellow a dove Everton player and Scenderleins (sp)a dive by Cuntgeuro?
FA will do nothing as it doesnt involve a United player. That's only when this diving business will a really start.

ti vu

2 bad dives/play acting tonight. Both players got other players sent off, wasn't Walkers second yellow a dove Everton player and Scenderleins (sp)a dive by Cuntgeuro?
FA will do nothing as it doesnt involve a United player. That's only when this diving business will a really start.
Everton player had a case since Walker did make some kind of contact, however slight it was, without anticipating the ball.

Schneiderlin clearly anticipated a play and tackled cleanly.

padr81

Supports
Man City
There seems to be an inverse correlation between his all-round cuntiness and his footballing decline.
You do realise how silly that comment is one the back of his most prolific season of his career... His cuntiness makes him better.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Anyone noticed De Bruyne being pissed at him missing a chance after he put him through? I thought that was funny.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Some real exaggeration here. Aguero is still a fantastic player and was from the worst player on the pitch.

Donk87

Supports
Arsenal

Lukaku 23+ 17+3=43
Kane 25 + 20+0 =45
Aguero 21+16+1+38

Assists
Lukaku 12
Kane 8
Aguero 5

Lukaku 55
Kane 53
Aguero 43
Why from open play only? I never understand why penalties are discounted in discussions like this - you still have to put them in the net. Aguero shared penalty duties last season and Lukaku's had a few himself over the last couple of years. They all count.

More importantly you should add minutes played to the above stats. Lukaku's been on the pitch around 1,700 minutes more than Kun over the last few years, around 19 extra games played. Context matters.

Minutes played since August 2015:
Aguero - 4,937
Kane - 6,066
Lukaku - 6,616

For the record I have no horse in this race. I think Lukaku, Kane and Aguero are all great strikers and definitely the top three in the league over the period being discussed.