Sergio Aguero | Performances

Eddy_JukeZ

He's one of the dirtiest players in football and it's always unnoticed by the media.

And his decline is so evident too. Nowhere near the player he once was.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
He's beyond finished. An elite striker doesn't even put himself in a position to be potentially brought down but his heavy touch cost him.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Strikers who's main asset is their strength and power (Zlatan) tend to last long. Forwards who rely on pace (Aguero, Torres), not so much.

izec

The first goal was luck. The second was brilliant, but the defender wasnt really challenging. Still brilliant if you give him space and gift him goals to build up his confidence

padr81

Supports
Man City
He scored a brace today, but his overall play was crap.
His overall play was excellent for a change, at least 3 times he tracked back and won the ball on the edge of our box. Exactly the type of attitude and performance Pep was trying to coax out of him. Whether he keeps it up I'll never know. 2 goals and an assist in a CL knockout game.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
His overall play was excellent for a change, at least 3 times he tracked back and won the ball on the edge of our box. Exactly the type of attitude and performance Pep was trying to coax out of him. Whether he keeps it up I'll never know. 2 goals and an assist in a CL knockout game.
Because Monaco him space in the last 20 minutes.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
The words written and spoken about Sergio lately are insulting. The man is the best striker in England and has been for years.

Fox E Power

He is very very good. If he was at United he would have won been in contention for Ballon D'Or by now.

IFC 1905

I'm 90% sure Aguero issues are mental. From the loss at the Copa America to the "problems" adjusting to the Guardiola system.

These goals and this game might give him confidence.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Strikers who's main asset is their strength and power (Zlatan) tend to last long. Forwards who rely on pace (Aguero, Torres), not so much.
No, Ibra is a special case(in part because he's far from a purely physical player, in part because he's superhuman). Forwards who rely on their physical attributes as their main strength(be it pace or strength and power) tend to decline very very quickly once those are gone.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Because Monaco him space in the last 20 minutes.
Monaco giving him space allowed him to track back and work hard? Monaco tired because of how hard city made them work. Aguero of course exploited that it's what top players do. Confidence aside that was kun's hardest working performance of the season.

Had sanchez or Costa put in the shift aguero did, Scored 2 and an assist we'd be hearing how great they are but with anything city it's always the opposition making us look good.

Stability

Supports
Manchester City
This is encouraging for Pep.

He actually won the most tackles of any player on the pitch yesterday. It's not his natural style but he seems to be accepting that's what it will take to keep Pep happy - just need to look at his reactions to any of the goals (even Stones stealing his hat-trick), or the penalty save to see he just loves playing & winning.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
There are not many strikers that last at this sort of age no matter what attributes they have. You could look at Jermain Defoe who's the same age as Zlatan, and he has completely different assets as a forward, they are just freaks that work really hard.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Monaco giving him space allowed him to track back and work hard? Monaco tired because of how hard city made them work. Aguero of course exploited that it's what top players do. Confidence aside that was kun's hardest working performance of the season.

Had sanchez or Costa put in the shift aguero did, Scored 2 and an assist we'd be hearing how great they are but with anything city it's always the opposition making us look good.
Don't get me wrong, i fecking love Aguero and i wish we had him. I just think he is not on a great form, probably because he doesn't like Pep's system.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Don't get me wrong, i fecking love Aguero and i wish we had him. I just think he is not on a great form, probably because he doesn't like Pep's system.
He's been poor for awhile, I just thought last night was a strange time to criticise, he still doesn't look 100% confident though.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
He's been having a 'poor' season, and has taken flack from fans and media alike.

He sits on 22 goals for the season. He's played 30 times.

padr81

Supports
Man City
The improvement in Kun since he got back in the team is unreal. Working harder than I've ever seen. Tracking back, closing down, making runs. On the periphary of the game today but working hard and it looks like he's got his mojo back in front of goal.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's been having a 'poor' season, and has taken flack from fans and media alike.

He sits on 22 goals for the season. He's played 30 times.
Yeah, I keep hearing how poor he supposedly looks, and how he is now 'half the player he once was'. Seems to score every time hes on the pitch.

If that's poor, we could do with a few poor players of our own. I'd give anything for Martial to start being poor.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
He's the only true world class outfield player in the PL when at his best, but I don't know if he is still capable of his very best. Still excellent, though.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He's the only true world class outfield player in the PL when at his best, but I don't know if he is still capable of his very best. Still excellent, though.
I think like Ronaldo (albeit on a much smaller level). Sergio has had to adapt, Aguero's adapting has been to become less explosive but more of an out and out poacher (with improved workrate). He knows he can't make the fast dribbles and explosive moves of older seasons because of his hamstrings. He's had to adapt to prevent injury, I think thats pretty clear. LIke CR he's changed his game to suit his body, maybe not as impressive on the eye as before but still efficient.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
He's bagged five goals and two assists in his last three games for us. If that's finished then finished is alright with me.

I'm concerned about the summer. He's so very close to becoming our all time top goalscorer and I'll honestly cry if he doesn't get that chance.

Eric Brook scored 177.
Aguero has scored 159.