Sergio Aguero | Performances

namco

that has to be the bitterest thinng I've read on this site.

Sane had been injured and struggled to adapt, since he came back into the team just before Christmas he's scored against Arsenal, Spurs and Palace and got an assist last night but more than that his all round play is outstanding, he anticipates tackles and has pretty decent decision making for a 20 year old. Sterling has something like 6 or 7 goals and about the same number of assists this season, his form dipped with the rest of the team in October / November, but he's been among the most consistent players and hasn't hid, he's improved enormously.

As for Jesus he spent last season in Brazil being kicked up in the air most weeks leading the attack in their league, he could lead the attack though at 19 I wouldn't want him to do it every week but last night shows he can handle pressure, Aguero on the bench and the main game of the night and there were no signs of nerves, he just got the ball and delivered, bet you're secretly already waiting for the day Real Madrid come in with a stupid offer and he leaves...
Since he joined you Sterling has been nothing like the player he was in Liverpool's near miss season. This is called regression. Sane has looked nothing like a £40 Mill player. He may have produced bit's & pieces but goals against Palace & a goal against Spurs (which should have been chalked off) don't make him the real deal.

Your views on Jesus are pure hyperbole. He's had 20 minutes against a tired defence & last night he played a team who couldn't be bothered to defend. If he starts turning it on week after week you can call him what you want. He is not a great player after less than 2 games.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Sterling is a far more complete player than he was at Liverpool and this season has nearly matched his assists total in all comps with 28 games to go, think he's only a couple of goals shy too, he's far more aware of his team mates and whats going on about the pitch, yeah he struggled under Pelligrini but that was due to not playing to his strengths.

What does a £40m pound player look like? if you haven't been impressed with Sane in the last 4 games then that's your problem, he looks a fine footballer and I can only assume it's jealousy on your behalf, he's taken time to settle and there will be dips in his form but he's a fantastic dribbler and offers us something else. Goal against Spurs was fine as there was no way it was deliberate handball.

Where did I call Jesus a great player? it also not his fault if the oppo struggle and he takes advantage, his assists to both Sterling and KDB show what a talent the kid is, intelligent, pace, eye for goal, fantastic talent. My only concern about his is I can see him racking up yellows on a pretty regular basis and he's as keen as mustard to get the ball back.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
that has to be the bitterest thinng I've read on this site.

Sane had been injured and struggled to adapt, since he came back into the team just before Christmas he's scored against Arsenal, Spurs and Palace and got an assist last night but more than that his all round play is outstanding, he anticipates tackles and has pretty decent decision making for a 20 year old. Sterling has something like 6 or 7 goals and about the same number of assists this season, his form dipped with the rest of the team in October / November, but he's been among the most consistent players and hasn't hid, he's improved enormously.

As for Jesus he spent last season in Brazil being kicked up in the air most weeks leading the attack in their league, he could lead the attack though at 19 I wouldn't want him to do it every week but last night shows he can handle pressure, Aguero on the bench and the main game of the night and there were no signs of nerves, he just got the ball and delivered, bet you're secretly already waiting for the day Real Madrid come in with a stupid offer and he leaves...
He's got 127 posts to his name in almost 5 years and pretty much every single one of them is City related which, considering he's a United fan on a United forum, is utterly bizarre behaviour. Even more so when one of his previous posts stated that non-City fans don't give a shit about City yet he spends all his posting time on a United forum - and a decent United forum at that - posting not on United topics, but City topics instead. I've made more posts than him on United related topics:lol:

devil in me

Since he joined you Sterling has been nothing like the player he was in Liverpool's near miss season. .
In fairness, the opening 5 months of this campaing, Sterling was superb. To say that he has been poor this season is ridiculous.

starman

I think hes gone in the summer, hes coming up 29. City have Iheanacho and Jesus as back up and can see Pep signing another in the summer.

Bara dont need him, he would be a upgrade on Benzema but dont know if he will join Real... An return to Atletico is a possibility if Griezmann leaves, hopefully not in a exchange..

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
What's up with top players suddenly behaving like annoying pricks? Aguero has been shit for a while, Payet couldn't care less about West Ham anymore, Diego Costa wanted to feck off to China.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He's a goner this summer, may not possess devastating turn of pace as he once did but he's still one of the best goal scorers in the country.

Arsenal should be all over him but read in the papers yesterday that Chelsea are also interested.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
What's up with top players suddenly behaving like annoying pricks? Aguero has been shit for a while, Payet couldn't care less about West Ham anymore, Diego Costa wanted to feck off to China.
Not sure he has done anything to piss Pep off, he just doesn't fit his style where he wants the forward to press from the front. He's still scoring at a very healthy rate this season with 15 goals in 23 appearances.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Payet just wanted to go home tbf. Took a pay cut for it, too

namco

He's a goner this summer, may not possess devastating turn of pace as he once did but he's still one of the best goal scorers in the country.

Arsenal should be all over him but read in the papers yesterday that Chelsea are also interested.
No club in world football can match the wages & bonuses he's on at City. He'd have to take a huge pay cut to stay in the PL at another club. China is his only viable exit.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
People are still judging him on reputation. His form has gone to shite for over a year now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No club in world football can match the wages & bonuses he's on at City. He'd have to take a huge pay cut to stay in the PL at another club. China is his only viable exit.
PSG is the obvious one, Cavani is a downgrade on Ibra.

LouisDanGaal

People are still judging him on reputation. His form has gone to shite for over a year now.
That's not true at all, he is a goalscorer and that's always been the biggest feature of his game so he is judged almost entirely on how often he kicks it in the goal, and he still does it all the time. Go back to the first of the thread where the talk is all about his latest hatrick or being on 9 goals in 5 from a few months ago. He is dropped because he doesn't have much else to his game, he can't press or rush defenders or drop out wide but he never has done, his form has certainly not been shite for anywhere near as long as you say.

LouisDanGaal

PSG or Madrid. China is not a real option. Also just to throw it out there kind of like when Juve sold pogba so smashed their spending for Higuain maybe, hopefully, a return to atleti could happen (It won't but imagine us getting grizi and city losing aguero in same window)

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Shades of the van Nistelrooy situation in his last season with us.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He's a class forward in a bit of patchy form who'd walk into 99% of teams.

I'd like to see him at Bayern just so United could bring in Lewandovski...

WhoDaGOAT

He's not quite as explosive as he once was, but his finishing is as good as ever. He guarantees 20 goals a season, at a minimum.

He hasn't reached Sturridge levels of cripple just yet.

Pep has idead in his head and is stubborn. He didn't fancy Eto'o at first, then he stayed and won everything with him. He was binned a year later for Ibrahimović who he had problems with. He left the club 13 months later. Now he's going through something behind the scenes with Kun.

Rajma

Do we stand a realistic chance of landing him here? I mean if there would be no other escape routes come summer and we would throw a bag of money at them.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
I got a battering at the very start of this thread for calling him finished & overrated. People still calling him the best player in the League or elite were looking at the stats instead of watching games.

He's been finished for at least 2 seasons now regardless of his goals record. His all-round game has gone to shit.

Raw

Do we stand a realistic chance of landing him here? I mean if there would be no other escape routes come summer and we would throw a bag of money at them.
No way in hell :lol: City would rather sell him abroad for half the price than sell him to us.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I got a battering at the very start of this thread for calling him finished & overrated. People still calling him the best player in the League or elite were looking at the stats instead of watching games.

He's been finished for at least 2 seasons now regardless of his goals record. His all-round game has gone to shit.
Completely disagree. I hope the rumor yesterday that we'd be interested in the summer are true. Not quite where he was but still one of the 3 best strikers in the league.

Adisa

This is the point I'm trying to make. The idea that Aguero was just about goals is complete BS. He doesn't run in-behind, he doesn't beat players anymore.

LouisDanGaal

You are still wrong now. His goals record is the most important thing, its like saying a keeper is shit aside from keeping the ball out of the net.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
How selfish is he? Refused to head back to Jesus for his hattrick. :lol:

Treble

Aguero's a bit daft. When he receives the ball he forgets that he has team-mates on the pitch. Gabriel's overall play is already (miles) better.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Kuns biggest fault is he's greedy, really, really greedy. Constantly takes a touch too many and refuses to pass when he's within 30 yards of goal, he gets like this when he's off form and having a bad spell.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Think the red card at Chelsea was the end for him. Hopefully gone in the summer.

Devil81

I'm all for City selling Aguero, there is no guarantee Jesus will continue this form or become this world class player everyone is expecting. Aguero on the other hand, is true top draw, by selling him they are weakening themselves massively.

Adisa

I'm all for City selling Aguero, there is no guarantee Jesus will continue this form or become this world class player everyone is expecting. Aguero on the other hand, is true top draw, by selling him they are weakening themselves massively.
I'm sure they're going big on another striker. Talk is they're already in Sanchez's ear.

Last edited:

Red Star One

If Jesus turns out to be good enough to take Kun's place for longer (which I think will be the case) I can see Aguero gone in the summer. Selling him would be a bold move from Pep but should Jesus continue his form it might as well happen - and City have money to splash for another forward anyway. I don't think Kun is finished with world class football though - and I absolutely can't imagine him going to China or even Argentine at this point. I've heard Atletico might have a vacancy for a forward this summer and they love buying back their former stars, so who knows?

Adisa

Good for us if he continues playing the way he's been playing.