Sergio Aguero | Performances

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Kompany I predicted as soon as Pep was announced as the new hire, along with Nasri, Hart, & Yaya

Kun, really depended on him - Pep is demanding and Aguero isn't accustomed to having a strict coach. Plus, as good as he is and has been, can be very inconsistent. Still think Kun will have every chance to earn his place in the team longterm as I don't read much into his drop at Camp Nou - tactical decisions like these are not related to a falling out per se.

But Kun has been known to be a bit lazy and inconsistent in terms of fitness & focus. Best thing for him & Argentina is to suck it up & deliver but moving from lazy to Pep level is a leap many won't take
Him missing penalties wont have helped, also they have failed to announce an extension on his deal. Jesus was signed and Ilhenacho seems to be coming along nicely, maybe pep thinks he is disposable.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The only way Aguero is heading here is if, pigs begin to fly.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
All out at the same time, definitely a leak. But leak could be deliberately misleading.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Him missing penalties wont have helped, also they have failed to announce an extension on his deal. Jesus was signed and Ilhenacho seems to be coming along nicely, maybe pep thinks he is disposable.
I can't imagine the penalty misses are a big factor, I have watched his career quite a bit over the years and I have long believed him to be someone who will not reach his full potential - mainly owing to either lack of ambition or laziness. There's a bit of a clown about him. Early this season, he seemed to have bought into Pep's approach so I still think he can have a long career with Pep at City but depends on him. Like I said before, some simply won't make the leap - I hope he does

Gabriel Jesus is a major question mark, 19 years old and coming to new continent, league, language etc. - far too early to see him as a like for like switch/replacement. He's depth and a future consideration, not an immediate impact player IMHO. If he produces early, it's gravy but the topic of Brasilians moving to Europe too early has been discussed quite a bit on the caf - similar would apply here, patience needed

Kelechi will be given opportunities too but again a young player

I would wager Pep wants to bring in an elite striker like Griezmann but everyone is looking for a player of that profile. I still think a squad overhaul is ahead for this City team, especially where fullbacks are concerned

VanGaalEra

I can't imagine the penalty misses are a big factor, I have watched his career quite a bit over the years and I have long believed him to be someone who will not reach his full potential - mainly owing to either lack of ambition or laziness. There's a bit of a clown about him. Early this season, he seemed to have bought into Pep's approach so I still think he can have a long career with Pep at City but depends on him. Like I said before, some simply won't make the leap - I hope he does

Gabriel Jesus is a major question mark, 19 years old and coming to new continent, league, language etc. - far too early to see him as a like for like switch/replacement. He's depth and a future consideration, not an immediate impact player IMHO. If he produces early, it's gravy but the topic of Brasilians moving to Europe too early has been discussed quite a bit on the caf - similar would apply here, patience needed

I would wager Pep wants to bring in an elite striker like Griezmann but everyone is looking for a player of that profile. I still think a squad overhaul is ahead for this City team, especially where fullbacks are concerned
Pep can keep his greasy little hands off our Antoine :drool:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Will start against us in the League cup and probably be fired up like feck.

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi
Or more to the point, what JM would have done. Keeping in mind he just played 6 defenders against Liverpool who aint no Barcelona.
He would have defended and went through the CL final.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan

I think this summer pursuit of Aubameyang also shows that maybe pep is looking beyond Aguero already. Interesting to see how this story runs, pep wont change and he might drop him again and then he will sulk.

Camilo

Come on now, City aren't going to let him go, and Pep certainly isn't an idiot.

It's just media nonsense

DanClancy

I thought talks of City been in for Aubameyang were crazy at the time but looks like there was something to it. Aubameyang would add height and an out ball to City's forward line, lack of height is certainly a problem and Aguero is obviously always going to have that problem.

prath92

Or more to the point, what JM would have done. Keeping in mind he just played 6 defenders against Liverpool who aint no Barcelona.
Every team doesn't fold itself to mourinho like Arsenal does so he does what should be done.

Plus Rashford is a defender now? Wow. Someone should inform Southgate

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
C'mon mate. Which other top manager wouldn't get criticized if his team loses 0-4 in a CL Match. Do you think Wenger or Mourinho wouldn't have been destroyed by the media?
He dropped his best player. The keeper he personally wanted dropped a bollock and was responsible for this mess. Managers live and die by their decisions. He is being praised for the resurgence of Sterling so why shouldn't be criticised for this? What would your reaction be if Wenger drops Ozil in a match against Barcelona because he wanted an extra body in midfield?
To be fair, Ferguson did exactly that against Madrid and you could argue it worked. Though in fairness, Rooney in 2013 wasn't in the same class as Aguero is now, plus we had Van Persie on the pitch. I remember the reaction to his decision being one of intrigue rather than outrage, and it was vindicated when Welbeck kept Alonso quiet.

Robertd0803

The only way Aguero is heading here is if, pigs begin to fly.
And even then it would be unlikely. I would love to see it happen though. Aguero playing for us that is-flying pigs would be a bit creepy and unsettling.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
We should have signed Aguero back in the day ahead of city. He's a United type player through and through. Big missed opportunity back when Fergie was keeping the purse strings tightened :(

DanClancy

We should have signed Aguero back in the day ahead of city. He's a United type player through and through. Big missed opportunity back when Fergie was keeping the purse strings tightened :(
The club weren't in a financial position to sign him then.

SwansonsTache

Luckily Auba has stated his desire to play in Spain for Madrid. His pace with their movement would be uncomfortable.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We arguably should have had both Hazard and Aguero at that time.

podurban2

As a top footballer these are the kind of games you become a professional for. Of course he is dissapointed, hopefully that will continue and affect the dressing-room.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

It's just media nonsense
Still good. It is nice to have some other club at receiving end of media frenzy, for a change.

DanClancy

We spent over £50m that season, 31m combined on Young and Jones. Aguero cost City in the region of £38m.
A large part of that was spent on De Gea whilst Jones & Young's wages together when they signed would be less that what Aguero was earning. There was no way we could afford to blow 80% of the budget on one player.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You mean the injuries?

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If Pep seriously drops Aguero and doesn't play him anymore, that's them blowing the league.

No chance will Iheanacho or De bruyne false 10 win them the league. Absolute madness.

SwansonsTache

If Pep seriously drops Aguero and doesn't play him anymore, that's them blowing the league.

No chance will Iheanacho or De bruyne false 10 win them the league. Absolute madness.
It is probably not hip and inventive enough for Pep to play Aguero as a #9. He would much rather have De Bruyne as a tipped over semi inverted and slightly left leaning false #9.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I don't think that will happen.

But I think Gabriel Jesus will be a game changer for them regardless, and if he plays as a number 9 he can be lethal.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Guardiola used his usual cautious, midfield focused approach gain tough opponents, it didn't work. That's all there is to it, I see no reason why this would be an indication that he's dropping Agüero for good. Mucho ado about nada.

Jacko21

It's just media nonsense
Prior to a ball being kicked this season, several journalists picked up concurrent murmurs that Aguero was one of a number of players whom Guardiola had placed a question mark against.

That's not to say he didn't want him, but rather something is amiss.

Jacko21

From Guardiola's press conference:

"If Sergio decides to leave it will be his decision."
Seems like an odd statement. Almost implies Aguero himself is considering his future.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Prior to a ball being kicked this season, several journalists picked up concurrent murmurs that Aguero was one of a number of players whom Guardiola had placed a question mark against.

That's not to say he didn't want him, but rather something is amiss.
At the beginning of his tenure the german media also wouldn't shup up about how Guardiola would surely sell Müller and Robben.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
From Guardiola's press conference:

Seems like an odd statement. Almost implies Aguero himself is considering his future.
Well he'd likely be pissed at being dropped vs Barca