Spurs officially departed tonight

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I hope they fall apart so that we can pick off Poch, Eriksen, and Son...and then proceed to turn them to shit
We may be 'falling apart' but we're still 5 points ahead of you, inside the top four and beat you 3-0 away from home, so I doubt you'll be first in line for picking us apart.

Anyway, tonight really wasn't that bad, we were missing several extremely important players who would have made a big difference and were up against a team who fully took advantage of us being severely weakened.

Irrational.

I hope they fall apart so that we can pick off Poch, Eriksen, and Son...and then proceed to turn them to shit
No chance of that. Levy has them and their firstborns tied down to 50 year contracts, not to mention their amazing new superstadium.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Early departure looming.
Do you think you should have bought a couple of players in the transfer window?
The club is broke paying off the stadium im guessing, queue Glaston to arrive with sort of graph or chart showing how Spurs are the richest club. They thought they could get Grealish on the cheap because Villa were in financial strife. Clearly they needed some players in and if trying to get a single championship player on the cheap from a club in financial strife is the height of your ambition you get what you deserve.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The gulf in technique between them was light-years. Barcelona were just mesmerizing to watch. Arthur looks a real gem.

crossy1686

career ending
Don't worry lads, everything will be alright when they move into the new stadium. Calling it now, they won't lose another home game ever and they'll win the "best stadium migration" trophy from West Ham.

buckooo1978

Spurs remind me a bit of United in Europe around 96/97

plenty of bright football but naive and ready to get picked off by clever, technical teams

Roons111

Supports
spurs
The gulf in technique between them was light-years. Barcelona were just mesmerizing to watch. Arthur looks a real gem.
Half our first team out injured, thought we did OK to get back into it ... Messi is amazing, take him out and it would have been respectable.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I like Poch and Spurs, but would delight in seeing Levy drop out of the top 4
We're fortunate this season in that I don't think Arsenal are ready yet under Emery, and United are having a stinker of a season thus far.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Really tough position they find themselves in right now in CL. They basically need to win both games against PSV and then hope to get something at Camp Nou or beat Inter on GD (or is it head to head?). That’s if Inter don’t manage to get something against Barcelona.

Enigma_87

You know who
They would still be in good shape if Barca beat Inter twice. If Inter are able to beat Barca, they are as good as out.
If Inter draw one of the games with Barca Spurs are good as out. They'll get stuffed again in Spain and the max points they could get is 9.

Doubt Inter won't win against PSV at home.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Entertaining game, would hate to go out at the group stage but would massively boost our chances in the league if the other 3 teams go further into the competition.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
I think Spurs did well considering they had next to no creativity in that midfield. Kane was battling for everything himself, running ragged. I thought their pressing was good. Again though, it's the magic of Messi which was the difference maker tonight.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Half our first team out injured, thought we did OK to get back into it ... Messi is amazing, take him out and it would have been respectable.
technically Barcelona were far superior. Granted had they not got that early goal, things could have been different. But their individual skill and technique and vision was miles better than spurs. Only madrid and perhaps city could match them technique wise. Arthur was controlling things in midfield. Just much better than winks.

Enigma_87

You know who
The scoreline flatters you. Could've easily been 7 or 8-2.

Only Messi hit the bar 3 times I think.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Chances of what? You're not winning the league.
Never said we were tbh but top four could be a lot easier, I think you will find it a hard push to find any Spurs fan thinking we will win the league. I don’t know where you got that idea, surely your aim this season is too four? Liverpool and City were massive favourite for me.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Could have easily been 2-6.

Utterly outplayed. Always a pleasure beating that barcelonaphobe Poch.

Spurs heading to 3rd position and Europa League.

Last edited:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Never said we were tbh but top four could be a lot easier, I think you will find it a hard push to find any Spurs fan thinking we will win the league. I don’t know where you got that idea, surely your aim this season is too four?
You mentioned the other three going far in the competition. What do City have to do with you getting top 4? They're finishing ahead of you, as are Liverpool in all likeliness. The fact you mentioned these teams makes it sound like you think you can win the league.

Roons111

Supports
spurs
The scoreline flatters you. Could've easily been 7 or 8-2.

Only Messi hit the bar 3 times I think.
Post twice, they were loads better largely due to Messi, but as we had at least 4 starters out think we ended up OK

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You mentioned the other three going far in the competition. What do City have to do with you getting top 4? They're finishing ahead of you, as are Liverpool in all likeliness. The fact you mentioned these teams makes it sound like you think you can win the league.
How have u drawn that conclusion? If those teams drop points it allows us a better chance of getting in the top four. I don’t know what the issue of saying that is. If Liverpool, Chelsea drop points we have a better chance of competing in the top four no where anywhere have I said we will win the league. Why are you being so obtuse? I’ve said twice now we won’t win the league.

stepic

Never said we were tbh but top four could be a lot easier, I think you will find it a hard push to find any Spurs fan thinking we will win the league. I don’t know where you got that idea, surely your aim this season is too four? Liverpool and City were massive favourite for me.
Yes not getting out of the group stages in the CL would massively boost your chances at getting back into the CL next year

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yeah but aren't they managed well?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It's ok, poch is prioritizing the league.
I don't get how anyone could say this, we put in a shift tonight. It wasn't a lack of effort, we were just outclassed and missing a few key players (Eriksen, Alli, Vertonghen) who could have made a difference. Our keeper also decided to have a mare.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Entertaining game, would hate to go out at the group stage but would massively boost our chances in the league if the other 3 teams go further into the competition.
Fantastic, let's qualify again so we can go out nice and early but keep those coffers flowing.

Lovely ambitious attitude. Levy loves fans like this.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I think from individual performances Kane was really good, dragged Spurs back into it with a deft feint into a turn and shoot. The advantage of being dangerous with both feet, you cant gain an edge by herding him onto his left or right. He chased down and won the ball just outside Barca's box which led to Lamela's deflected goal a couple passes later. All round a good performance, he is frighteningly good at his best.

Sissoko, what does he do? If you need a player to fire the ball into row Z bring him on, first touch of a rapist, poor passing and vision. I dont understand his purpose, great athlete, great engine, poor footballer.

Winks was a tale of two halves, poor in the first half, invisible apart from misplaced passes. Second half a lot better, he chased and harried, won the ball back, fired some balls around pushed forward with the ball at his feet more often.

Lamela and Moura also lively and dangerous, the more I see of Moura the more I like him, surprised a lot more teams were not in for him, went to Spurs for reasonably cheap.

el3mel

Not a bad match per se imo considering they missed Eriksen and Alli. The Inter loss was the problem, but today it was a normal result and they didn't get destroyed, even showing some good fighting spirit at 1-2 and 2-3.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
They lost 4-2 and Barca looked like they could go couple of gears higher anytime they wish. It's expected because they are missing important players, but they didn't do well in any sense of the word.

FutbolFan

Supports
Chelsea
I think Arsenal would beat Spurs to top 4 this season. This is assuming Chelsea continue this form and don't start struggling. No disrespect to Man Utd but EPL currently does not have any leeway for chaos that is going on currently with 6 teams competing hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
technically Barcelona were far superior. Granted had they not got that early goal, things could have been different. But their individual skill and technique and vision was miles better than spurs. Only madrid and perhaps city could match them technique wise. Arthur was controlling things in midfield. Just much better than winks.
Spurs got on barça’s side too easily and really they missed a few important players to use this match as a measurement, Real lost yesterday and the pundits kept saying the fact Bale, Ramos and other players not playing was the reason they lost.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The new stadium can also pose a big threat in finance.

If performance dip, star players out, spurs will be in a bad situation. They need 5 to 10 years of stability on the pitch and the balancr sheet to capitulate from the stadium. Arsenal hasn't fully shaken off the effect of financing the emirates

Ban

I don't get how anyone could say this, we put in a shift tonight. It wasn't a lack of effort, we were just outclassed and missing a few key players (Eriksen, Alli, Vertonghen) who could have made a difference. Our keeper also decided to have a mare.
It was a wee joke. :)

Needham

Wishful thinking maybe but starting to see the outline of discontent in Poch's body language. Knows full well that competing with no money is untenable.