g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television The Traitors (BBC) | If you've not watched it all, beware if you enter this thread as a bunch are talking without using spoilers

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah, I think my main issue with it is that the only way for good players to make it far in the game is as traitors. If they're faithfuls they're just booted out as soon as they start sussing anyone out. Mark got booted out as soon as he started figuring the traitors out and in the English one the three biggest idiots ended up winning it.
I'm still mad that Meryl won some money.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
For anyone interested in playing the online version of the game this thing is based off, we're looking to possibly have a game that officially starts on Monday morning. It's generally a bit of fun over a few days and one of the few places on the forum where you can generally get away with insulting the poster.
Could you be the next Wilf?
The next Meryl?
Can't actually remember any of the UK faithfuls I thought were good :lol:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/werewolf-game-starting-monday-8am-sign-up-here.478284/

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Finished the Aus

craig :lol: what an idiot. Just so gullible and fawning over Alex

Alex played a blinder. Fair fecks to her. Don’t think she ever got a single vote throughout the whole show. A worthy winner really. At least she doesn’t look as bad cause Kate betrayed her too. We’d all do it.

overall I thought it lacked the drama and emotions of the English one but the people in it mostly played it like a game and far more tactically whereas in the English one they seemed to just vote based on who they were pals with.

sebsheep

Finished the Aus

craig :lol: what an idiot. Just so gullible and fawning over Alex

Alex played a blinder. Fair fecks to her. Don’t think she ever got a single vote throughout the whole show. A worthy winner really. At least she doesn’t look as bad cause Kate betrayed her too. We’d all do it.

overall I thought it lacked the drama and emotions of the English one but the people in it mostly played it like a game and far more tactically whereas in the English one they seemed to just vote based on who they were pals with.
He never seemed to question how he made it so far despite never being under suspicion from the rest of the group.

Kag

I'm still mad that Meryl won some money.
Yep. The show is very entertaining but inherently deeply flawed.

Be interesting to see whether or not clever folk start behaving like thick folk in the coming seasons.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
He never seemed to question how he made it so far despite never being under suspicion from the rest of the group.
Just finished it.
He was useless. Basically cost himself the game voting the remaining faithfuls out. The look on his face when she revealed she was a traitor. He was hoodwinked good and proper.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The Traitors Australia Season 2 is already underway. 2 episodes out so far.
I don't (won't) watch this as even the adverts make it seem brain rottingly dumb. However, I imagine it is re-broadcast on Channel 10's streaming service, 10play. It is free but you will need a VPN to watch from overseas.

sebsheep

Went to look for the Australian series 2 on daily motion and a New Zealand series showed up.
I'll have to blimmin watch that now!

Yagami

Good post resistant
Apparently that Maddy who was the homeless girl on Eastenders is in Hollyoaks now.

After watching this when it was on, I found out about The Mole on Netflix which was a reboot of an older show, and it's pretty similar to this but better, in my opinion.

sebsheep

Apparently that Maddy who was the homeless girl on Eastenders is in Hollyoaks now.

After watching this when it was on, I found out about The Mole on Netflix which was a reboot of an older show, and it's pretty similar to this but better, in my opinion.
Yeah, enjoyed the mole. It's nice that you get to play along to try to figure out who it is as well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah I’ve seen the first two of the Aus second season.

Sam is in trouble now. Absolutely bottled his plan and Ash will definitely find out it was him.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Yeah, enjoyed the mole. It's nice that you get to play along to try to figure out who it is as well.
I was a bit disappointed with the Netflix reboot, having been a big fan of the original series.
I remember the original being a lot more subtle whereas the Netflix version it became pretty obvious who it was. The only nugget of doubt was from overthinking it. "Surely it can't be xx, that would be too obvious."

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I didn’t actually realise the first Aus season was broadcast before the UK one and they’re both based off of a Danish show. Thought the Aus was a copy of the UK one.

I really don’t like that the second season has Z list celebrities in it, but I’ll probably still watch it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think I preferred not knowing because, with the traitors, it was always annoying at the roundtable. Especially when some were saying it definitely couldn't be so-and-so. Like, why would you think like that? It could literally be anyone!
I was a bit disappointed with the Netflix reboot, having been a big fan of the original series.
I remember the original being a lot more subtle whereas the Netflix version it became pretty obvious who it was. The only nugget of doubt was from overthinking it. "Surely it can't be xx, that would be too obvious."
I actually didn't get it until the last episode!

I plan on trying the classics, too. The American and British versions. Last time I checked, a lot of the full episodes were still on YouTube.

Globule

I plan on trying the classics, too. The American and British versions. Last time I checked, a lot of the full episodes were still on YouTube.
Yeah, I've rewatched them on YouTube. The Australian versions too.

sebsheep

I didn’t actually realise the first Aus season was broadcast before the UK one and they’re both based off of a Danish show. Thought the Aus was a copy of the UK one.

I really don’t like that the second season has Z list celebrities in it, but I’ll probably still watch it.
Worked my way through the NZ series up to it's present point and they've put a lot of celebrities in there as well, and they seem to know each other.
It's still been a pretty decent watch but I feel like it's a bit of a mistake and it seems to really affect how people think about the others.

Globule

Worked my way through the NZ series up to it's present point and they've put a lot of celebrities in there as well, and they seem to know each other.
It's still been a pretty decent watch but I feel like it's a bit of a mistake and it seems to really affect how people think about the others.
Yet they still have the cheek to introduce them as "a group of strangers".

Cut to "he introduced me to my wife".

sebsheep

I've started watching the Australian one now as well. Definitely one of the most annoying set of traitors.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've started watching the Australian one now as well. Definitely one of the most annoying set of traitors.
First or second season? Cause yeah the second season ones are probably the first bunch I’ve wanted to lose.

sebsheep

First or second season? Cause yeah the second season ones are probably the first bunch I’ve wanted to lose.
Second season, 90% of it might just be Sam though.

Globule

This show can be so infuriating to watch at times. So many idiots.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Aussie one heats up in episode 5, Annabel absolutely nailed them. But feck me there’s some thick twats in this game.

Hannah is borderline mentally deficient and Sarah is fecking useless.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also Sam is one of the most irritating traitors there’s been. He’s gotten very lucky with a lot of stuff. Hoping for a Faithful win.

Globule

Also Sam is one of the most irritating traitors there’s been. He’s gotten very lucky with a lot of stuff. Hoping for a Faithful win.
This is what annoys me. Sam is such a smug twat so you want him to lose, but the remaining faithfuls are useless idiots so you don't want any of them to win either.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This is what annoys me. Sam is such a smug twat so you want him to lose, but the remaining faithfuls are useless idiots so you don't want any of them to win either.
It's probably the most frustrating (maybe worst) season I've watched. Purely because of how shit some players have been.

Annabel had no heat on her whatsoever and came to everyone with the Sam theory, backed up by Luke and the rest of them jump on her using the logic that she is acting like Ash did. Ash had shitloads of heat on her and came in defending herself. Annabel came in with no heat and had a credible theory, which was bang on. But they suddenly decide to vote her out because she's smart and plays the game well.

Then by some miracle another faithful manages to pick up that thread and go Sam but again they're literally swayed by a 'No u' from Sam. It's pathetic :lol:

Keith is meant to be an ex/cop detective? He's atrocious. Shuts down any woman who speaks up against Sam and immediately finds them sus. Hannah is tragically bad at the game overall. Gloria could be swayed by someone literally admitting to be a traitor. Camille worked as a special agent but needed to have two faithfuls die claiming Sam for her to even clock. Sarah might as well be an empty chair (very punchable face of confusion from her every banishment). Liam is gullible as feck. Blake is doing ok but he was also quite cocky.

I think best scenario is Blake eventually manages to oust Sam and from there I don't really give a shit who wins. Knowing this group though Sam could literally faithfuls to believe they themselves are actually traitors.

gaffs

Watched the UK version at the start of the year....
Was a fun watch until Kieren ratted out Wilf at the end. He basically gave the game away, which, I believe was against the rules (if such rules exist).
Wilf played it well up until that point. Not fair that Kieren told the faithful who the other traitor was.
I mean, one of the earlier traitors could have done the same early on and it would only have been a 3 episode show.

sebsheep

It's probably the most frustrating (maybe worst) season I've watched. Purely because of how shit some players have been.

Annabel had no heat on her whatsoever and came to everyone with the Sam theory, backed up by Luke and the rest of them jump on her using the logic that she is acting like Ash did. Ash had shitloads of heat on her and came in defending herself. Annabel came in with no heat and had a credible theory, which was bang on. But they suddenly decide to vote her out because she's smart and plays the game well.

Then by some miracle another faithful manages to pick up that thread and go Sam but again they're literally swayed by a 'No u' from Sam. It's pathetic :lol:

Keith is meant to be an ex/cop detective? He's atrocious. Shuts down any woman who speaks up against Sam and immediately finds them sus. Hannah is tragically bad at the game overall. Gloria could be swayed by someone literally admitting to be a traitor. Camille worked as a special agent but needed to have two faithfuls die claiming Sam for her to even clock. Sarah might as well be an empty chair (very punchable face of confusion from her every banishment). Liam is gullible as feck. Blake is doing ok but he was also quite cocky.

I think best scenario is Blake eventually manages to oust Sam and from there I don't really give a shit who wins. Knowing this group though Sam could literally faithfuls to believe they themselves are actually traitors.
Sam thinking he played it so smart with the Ash thing when it's what led Annabel and Luke to realise he was a traitor was great.
Completely spoiled by the faithfuls being absolutely useless.
She gave them both of the remaining traitors before she left so we can probably look forward to them both being in the final 2-4 unless they rat each other out. :lol:

sebsheep

Watched the UK version at the start of the year....
Was a fun watch until Kieren ratted out Wilf at the end. He basically gave the game away, which, I believe was against the rules (if such rules exist).
Wilf played it well up until that point. Not fair that Kieren told the faithful who the other traitor was.
I mean, one of the earlier traitors could have done the same early on and it would only have been a 3 episode show.
I'm still not sure how nobody noticed how guilty he looked all the time.

sebsheep

The players left might be the worst bunch of faithfuls possible.
Every single bit of information they have should tell them that Sam is a traitor, so they vote out Simone...
If they don't realise who the traitors are after that argument between Blake and Sam at the end then they should just cancel the rest of the series.
Will be interesting to see if they recruit, I still don't think Blake will trust Sam. A traitor team implosion is probably the faithfuls best bet.

OptimisedRed

It's always easy looking in from the outside, but these faithfuls are just unbelievably spectacular. What am I watching? Keith 'top cop Australia'... Embarrassing :houllier:. The traitors should and will deserve the win at the end even if they haven't been fantastic themselves. What a frustrating watch it's been, yet still I enjoy it.

sebsheep

It's always easy looking in from the outside, but these faithfuls are just unbelievably spectacular. What am I watching? Keith 'top cop Australia'... Embarrassing :houllier:. The traitors should and will deserve the win at the end even if they haven't been fantastic themselves. What a frustrating watch it's been, yet still I enjoy it.
Hands down the worst set of faithfuls there has been.
Sam has been obvious for several episodes and if they didn't suspect Blake after the Annabel call out then the weird argument between him and Sam at the previous should've really given them both up.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They are absolute imbeciles.

Hannah figures out the fake shield kill thing, discusses Sam and Blake. Points it out in banishment and then votes Liam? Absolutely brain dead.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He literally just did a “no u” again and they all went with it. Jesus Christ. I absolutely despise Sarah the absolute wet wipe. What a pathetic player she is.