Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm glad we're looking to give him a new long term deal he looks a talent. I'm still not sure he's a right back though, I find that when he gets up he never knows when to get back and leaves acres of space behind him. That said I always think Shaw does the same and he's an actual fullback so perhaps I'm being overly critical.
I think it will become more clear where his 'best position' is when he gets a lot more game time, until then it's just good that he's getting first team minutes.

m1y2

I'm glad we're looking to give him a new long term deal he looks a talent. I'm still not sure he's a right back though, I find that when he gets up he never knows when to get back and leaves acres of space behind him. That said I always think Shaw does the same and he's an actual fullback so perhaps I'm being overly critical.
I think it will become more clear where his 'best position' is when he gets a lot more game time, until then it's just good that he's getting first team minutes.
How can you not be sure? It's clear it's not his position, he's best centrally as a defensive minded B2B or DM, he only plays RB becausehe's so talented and needs gametime, he will benefit from playing there like Smalling had and other players in the past.. His positioning is quite poor for RB but he makes up for it with his strength and power, Shaw on the other hand has great positioning and it's normal to leave space for a modern day fullback, Timmy leaves too much but in the end it's one of the traits which can be learnt over time...

glad he signed a new deal, it's clear we rate him and Jose as well if he gives him chances ahead of Darmian, wonder if some premiership/chapmionship teams would be interested to get him on loan, I could help him to develop too.. but you can never know what happens to Valencia and replacing one power horse with another certainly makes sense in a way...

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good new, hopefully he kicks on now and doesn't think has already made it like some other youngesters

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Oooohhh, Timmy Timmy!

Timmy Timmy Timmy Timmy Fosu Mensah!

...or something like that

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Great news. Special young talent. Only turned 18 this year, well ahead of his time.

3KDré

Finally played in midfield. Obviously he did not have much to do but one day this lad will be special in the middle of the park.

goin4glory

Physically he's a monster for 18. Not sure if he's good enough on the ball for a career at CM so would like to see him get a settled position rather than be moved about.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
When he caught that Fenerbahce player that got away from him I seriously couldn't believe his speed, it was like watching a dodgy stream that is really choppy and people move around real fast now and then.

Dobbs

Not sure I've seen a United player combine speed and strength like that. Normally I'd say that's not enough but it's at an extreme level.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Only youth player in recent days that seems to truly be worth all the praise he was getting before ever even setting foot in the first team. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone tho.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Amazing speed, but as others have mentioned, I just don't see the technical attributes for a midfield position. He looks like a CB to me.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Speed and strength, alright, but he doesn't show a lot of understanding on how to play.

m1y2

great to see him in midfield, power and strength is there, just lacks a bit of concentration but that can be learnt but as a midfielder destroyer he doesnt need to be perfect passer but lots of space for improvement for sure:-)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a defender... Though under Mourinho can definitely be that extra midfielder required sometimes in tough games to be more defensive, alongside Herrera and Pogba. Has that versatility that he can play in different roles, but long term he'll be a center back I think. Doesn't have the technical ability to be anything else.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I wan Jose to just take a punt and start him in a PL game in the middle of the park. Imagine him and Herrera running around like mad dogs with Pogba free to attack

Rossa

He's got Bailly level acceleration. Another rapid defender.
He makes Bailly look pedestrian, and Bailly makes Smalling look a little sluggish off the line. Roshaun Williams said Mensah was the fastest of him, Mensah and Rashford - haven't seen Williams, but he is faster than Rashford, and that says something.

khoazany

If he plays midfield he needs to play where Carrick was as I don't think he is box to box.
He's a defender by heart but having enough attributes to play in midfield but it would take times. Only start playing in midfield since he joined us. Yeah he's a holding midfielder at best.

Dobbs

Technical attributes? The lad didn't even play enough to settle into the role.
Just what I was thinking. People are just regurgitating something they've read previously.

There was nothing in the 20mins he got to tonight that suggests he can't be a midfielder.

izec

Just what I was thinking. People are just regurgitating something they've read previously.

There was nothing in the 20mins he got to tonight that suggests he can't be a midfielder.
There was nothing that suggests he can be. If anything he would be box to box so far with his energy and pace. If he has the nous and technical ability/passing skills to play as a DM is another thing (as many people want him there)

Bwuk

He should be played like Kante at Leicester. Let him run and win the ball. Superb athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.