Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
TFM himself have said that he is happy just training and learning from the senior players, so I'm quite sure that he'll have a future here. Being treated as a senior player at the age of 18 / 19 is pretty good for development and mentality I'd imagine.

DeOddi

149 minutes of game time so far this season. Not sure why we didn´t send him out on loan. Doesn´t look like Mourinho actually wants to play him or thinks he is good enough, if he even prefers the likes of Ashley Young over him. So it doesn´t make much sense to keep him here and disrupt his development, when he should be out there and play (at least on loan).

Tuanzebe another example of this. Mourinho didn´t even mention him as a centre-back option for him (and he mentioned even Carrick as one.....). Instead he´s playing in the U21 which doesn´t help him at all at this stage.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
I still think Mourinho hasn't figured a position for him, probably because he doesn't trust his tactical knowledge yet; Fosu-Mensah doesn't seem to be a valid alternative in any position, more like a joker he can use in certain game conditions.

NinjaFletch

I'm not particularly worried about him not getting game time yet; time is on his side.

I am, however, pissed off that Ashley Young is still here and still getting games over anyone.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
It's worth to keep in mind that Jose has said time and time again that he'll allow players who arent playing to leave. The fact that TFM himself has not requested a loan tells you everything you need to know about how 'unhappy' he is with the situation.

Man Utd 4:0 Reading

dichinero

It's worth to keep in mind that Jose has said time and time again that he'll allow players who arent playing to leave. The fact that TFM himself has not requested a loan tells you everything you need to know about how 'unhappy' he is with the situation.
Apparently, he isn't allowed to go on loan which is sad really. The kid is just wasting away imo. Can't classify him as a top talent at this stage

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Just seems bizarre in a game like this that he doesn't start. What single reason have we got for playing someone like Young over him?

bdecuc

Happy TFM came on today. And in midfield. Not sure what that means long-term but good to see.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He got a 15 minute run-out and hopefully will get more in the next game.

Bwuk

Happy TFM came on today. And in midfield. Not sure what that means long-term but good to see.
Think he suits a midfield role a lot more than full back.

He could develop into a proper athletic box to box ballwinner.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's got a 100% win rate this season, world class.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Bit disappointed with his cameo. I know it's not fair to judge a player coming on in the last 15 minutes when you've already wrapped the game up, but he looked like someone who knew the game was won, rather than someone looking to show the manager what he can do.

Like I say, it's a harsh assessment, but it's only because I'm excited by his potential so want him to impress when he gets the chance.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He should have come on at any point after the 20th minute in that match.

bdecuc

Think he suits a midfield role a lot more than full back.

He could develop into a proper athletic box to box ballwinner.
Schneiderlin going, Bastian presumably going in the summer and you wouldn't know about Fellaini... Hopefully he'll become involved more and more so we can see really what his level is.

King.of.Red

thanks Jose for giving this boy a chance. hopefully he can be great player for United. just so sad that I cant see him play because my modem got some problem. sigh...

George Beast

@GifLord Gif of when he'd just come on and showed some serious pace please. My stream skipped and only saw the comments in the match thread.

Bit disappointed with his cameo. I know it's not fair to judge a player coming on in the last 15 minutes when you've already wrapped the game up, but he looked like someone who knew the game was won, rather than someone looking to show the manager what he can do.
Judging by how both he and Schweinsteiger played for those 15 minutes, that was exactly what they were told to do. Come on, take it easy, don't do anything stupid in trying too hard to impress etc.

Sylar

Do wish he had got more time, but also its not the worst thing being around the players he is, training with them and being in the squads. Hes still 19 and his time will come.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very annoyed he didn't get longer on the pitch. I was saying all summer how there is absolutely no point of Ashley Young, and we'd have won that game just as easily with TFM instead today. Young isn't the future, and barely makes the bench anyway. And he's a fecking serial diver.

iKeano

Needs to be getting more game time in matches like this, was a perfect opportunity today to slot him into midfield alongside Carrick and bring Schweinsteiger on. Imagine the experience it would be to a young lad like that.
Instead BFS and TFM have to watch Fellaini get another 90mins. Staggering.

TFM looks like a player, done nothing wrong today. Would love to see more of him, hopefully it's just a matter of time.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Really wish Jose had put faith in him when Rojo went off injured, even if he doesn't seen him as a like for like replacement he could have moved Blind to CB put Young to LB and TFM to RB or could have moved Carrick to CB and put TFM in midfield

Such a shame when he did get on the game was so over he basically didn't need to do anything

Brightonian

Couldn't believe how long it took to bring him on. Here's hoping he's not going to be consigned to the training ground for months before he gets another look-in.

dichinero

Couldn't believe how long it took to bring him on. Here's hoping he's not going to be consigned to the training ground for months before he gets another look-in.
Unfortunately, I don't see him getting any minutes between now and the end of the season. Hopefully some club is willing to take a risky punt at him.

Bwuk

At the end of January when Bailly is back, I'd loan Mensah out to a championship side who'd play him in midfield every week.

He's needed now to help cover the defence. I haven't heard much about Rojo injury yet but it doesn't leave us with many CB options after Jones, Smalling and Blind, the first two of which have shown to be injury prone throughout their career.

OldTrevil

Didn't get a lot of time but he looked positive and assured on his few touches.

NotQuiteManc

Looked energetic, positive in attack but seemed a bit clueless at times who to pick out, or when to press. His future may lie in midfield position or CB even, but he needs to play at RB first to gain that game time and experience, just like how Smalling and Jones benefited from playing out wide in their earlier years with United.

The United

Looked energetic, positive in attack but seemed a bit clueless at times who to pick out, or when to press. His future may lie in midfield position or CB even, but he needs to play at RB first to gain that game time and experience, just like how Smalling and Jones benefited from playing out wide in their earlier years with United.
That's exactly what I think of him as well.

He seems to be lack of a bit of game intelligence to me at this point.

ti vu

Like I say, it's a harsh assessment, but it's only because I'm excited by his potential so want him to impress when he gets the chance.
While I don't agree with him personal didn't ass about it, but surely this is very weird cameo from him. Looked lost when our team doesn't have possession. 15 minutes are pretty much enough to give a good expression, but unfortunately not something we, fans expected

Status
Not open for further replies.