Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Against Northampton Jose played him as a right back.
Against Zorya Jose played him as a right back
Against Fenerbahce Jose played him as a midfield
Against Swansea Jose played him as a midfield
Against Zorya away Jose played him as a right midfield
Against Reading Jose played him as a midfield
Against Wigan Jose played him as a right back

I don't see that as enough evidence that Jose doesn't see him as a midfielder. I didn't even say he should play as a midfieder but aren't we running out of option now against West Brom to pair someone with Carrick and the available player who Jose has used as midfielder are Mata and Mensah. That's why in my opinion this is the chance for him to get some game time.
Pogba and Herrera will be back for this game I believe?

R'hllor

Playing Afroman in midfield or Darmian in full back position is for prison sentence,i dont care,he can be bad as them in those positions easy,its not some achievement that.

Devil may care

I was surprised to see him suddenlty appear, looked to make his mark...on that guys shins, but I like that he is feisty.

SteveW

Thought his tackle was OK actually. Feet pretty much on Hythe ground and got the ball. Still think he's a lunatic though

Manny

Grammar Police
That tackle was fecking stupid. No wonder he can't get of the bench.

MadMike

Thought his tackle was OK actually. Feet pretty much on Hythe ground and got the ball. Still think he's a lunatic though
He's sliding in with both feet, showing studs. That's risking it. If his feet were not on the ground, he would have been sent off and he could have had no complaints.

Anyhow, not enough of him today to see how he's been progressing. I want to see more of him but, bar an injury crisis, I don't see Jose giving him any significant time in the business end of the season. Which is quite reasonable to be fair.

ChichaKagawa

He's sliding in with both feet, showing studs. That's risking it. If his feet were not on the ground, he would have been sent off and he could have had no complaints.

Anyhow, not enough of him today to see how he's been progressing. I want to see more of him but, bar an injury crisis, I don't see Jose giving him any significant time in the business end of the season. Which is quite reasonable to be fair.
Dont think so tbh. Imagine the worst happens and we dont achieve CL football next season. That means Jose is going to be forced to go into the market and buy at least one defender and at least one midfielder like everyone on here has been screaming for. If TFM cant get a look in, in a floundering squad who cant win matches, how does he get a look in with an 'improved' squad with more players.

MadMike

Dont think so tbh. Imagine the worst happens and we dont achieve CL football next season. That means Jose is going to be forced to go into the market and buy at least one defender and at least one midfielder like everyone on here has been screaming for. If TFM cant get a look in, in a floundering squad who cant win matches, how does he get a look in with an 'improved' squad with more players.
We're failing to score goals, not to boss the midfield. I fail to see what TFM would add that Carrick, Pogba and Herrera are not already doing.

MarchingOn

Laughing at anyone whose gonna make a judgement on Tim based on a 15 minute cameo every 3 months.

Dobbs

I was hoping he'd have time to nail somebody but we'll have to wait till next time I suppose.

Kante was annoying me again. Nobody can lay a glove on the little bugger. I thought Tim would have the pace and strength to get at him but unfortunately didn't get chance.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
To play 3 mins doesn't help much either though
He's back in the managers thoughts though, he was brought on in midweek ahead of Herrera, Shaw or Blind and likewise today that's got to count for something

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's still a kid with no real first team experience. He's introducing slowly, Jose wouldn't waste time giving him minutes unless he rated him. It's a good thing.

Sylar

He's back in the managers thoughts though, he was brought on in midweek ahead of Herrera, Shaw or Blind and likewise today that's got to count for something
Yep, very interesting thats happening. I hope its a sign of things to come and we see him get more and more minutes esp next season.

Womp

idiot
I get the impression TFM is a gradual project Mourinho is working on.
Seems like it, he does still seem a little rash when we have seen him, think Jose is turning him into something special. Thought he would take a liking to him before he came in, seems exactly the type of player Jose would love.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Definitely not in terms of development but it at least lets Fosu know he's still in Mourinho's plans. Mourinho had every opportunity to sub-in Daley Blind or Luke Shaw to play LB instead of Fosu.

He must be doing alright in training.

Last edited:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He's still a kid with no real first team experience. He's introducing slowly, Jose wouldn't waste time giving him minutes unless he rated him. It's a good thing.
If he trusts him, then he should play him for 15-20 mins in games

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Definitely not in terms of development but it at least lets Fosu know he's still in Mourinho's plans. Mourinho had every opportunity to sub-in Daley Blind or Luke Shaw to play LB instead of Young.

He must be doing alright in training.
That's not the point. In order to progress, he needs more game time and I hope he'll get that

RedMaestro

That's not the point. In order to progress, he needs more game time and I hope he'll get that
Well it usually starts with a few minutes here and there. Later this season it could be more and more. Maybe he'll even be a starter against a team that isn't that strong (or will suit him)?

Robertd0803

I get the impression TFM is a gradual project Mourinho is working on.
It feels like it. Id expect to gradually see him more and more now as time goes on. Had Rooney and Schweinsteiger been on the bench who would Jose have brought on? Id still bet it would have been TFM on the grounds he choose to bring him on over Blind.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Well it usually starts with a few minutes here and there. Later this season it could be more and more. Maybe he'll even be a starter against a team that isn't that strong (or will suit him)?
He barely played this season. What makes you think he'll get more minutes now when we fight for every point?

3KDré

Our squad is getting thinner by the day, I hope he can feature more often now but I think that Blind is ahead of him in the pecking order at CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.