Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

Let's be honest we all knew Mourinho isn't the one to give playing time to the youth.

Martial and Rashford were already proven starters from last season and that's why they are getting time, but Mourinho isn't the one to give chance to new youth TFM, Tuanzebe etc...

He said it himself he prefers to play older, experienced squad players.

Dante

Average bang
He's got the quickest feet I've seen at United since Nani. The way he shifts his bodyweight and the speed at which he releases his passes looks unreal.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Let's be honest we all knew Mourinho isn't the one to give playing time to the youth.

Martial and Rashford were already proven starters from last season and that's why they are getting time, but Mourinho isn't the one to give chance to new youth TFM, Tuanzebe etc...

TFM played yesterday.

Mike09

I don't hate Fellaini though, he doesn't deserve the abuses but I really hope a young player like Fosu Mensah is given a chance instead of him. Mensah is pretty much have everything that Fellaini offers; height, aggression, work rate. He also has the pace and more mobile than Fellaini. I know Mensah can be clumsy sometime but that's normal for any young players, it's not like Fellaini isn't a clumsy player either. If we play Fellaini because of his height, aggression, work rate and his physical attribute, I don't see why can't we use Mensah for those aspects.

Jaybomb

He'll get his chances. And I think he can be a good CDM for us. Not a Carrick "holding" type but a "destroyer" CDM like De Rossi or Matic for example.

JoaquinJoaquin

Bit disappointed with his cameo. I know it's not fair to judge a player coming on in the last 15 minutes when you've already wrapped the game up, but he looked like someone who knew the game was won, rather than someone looking to show the manager what he can do.

Like I say, it's a harsh assessment, but it's only because I'm excited by his potential so want him to impress when he gets the chance.
Yeah it is harsh to be honest. Thought he done fine when he came on considering the game was over.

Fracture90

I think he'd have got longer if we could have got that third earlier. Hopefully he gets more chances soon. He's young though so I'm not too worried about him anyway, he'll definitely get his chances.
Yeah, tho i think Mourinho should have let him play no matter the lead we had.

Plenty of cup games coming so I'm hoping he'll get a decent amount of playing time.

Loublaze

ATLien

This mirrors what I said in another thread about Mourinho's youth selection. You're right. This is the first season I can remember in years-and i've been watching United all my life- where a youth player hasn't even made the bench of a league cup game. Not even the bench. TFM is barely getting any playtime but he's not even playing for the U21s anymore. He's been a fully fledged member of the first team squad since LVG promoted him last season.

Fracture90

This mirrors what I said in another thread about Mourinho's youth selection. You're right. This is the first season I can remember in years-and i've been watching United all my life- where a youth player hasn't even made the bench of a league cup game. Not even the bench. TFM is barely getting any playtime but he's not even playing for the U21s anymore. He's been a fully fledged member of the first team squad since LVG promoted him last season.
I'd really like seeing TFM getting those minutes in that b2b role instead of Fellaini.

LouisDanGaal

He has great physical attributes and the occasional bit of quality but he is very raw.

ash_86

What is his best position? DM? RB? CB? I have no idea what his traits(other than speed) are and what he's good at.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Should have had an assist then for Mkhi, no?

3KDré

He plays like a centre mid, not a RB. He looks to pass rather than overlap, as a CM would.

mu4c_20le

His pace and acceleration is frightening. If he keeps on improving and masters the basics, he will be a very bright prospect.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Contributes more than Darmian and Jose probably saw that already today. Good future ahead of him.

Minkaro

His sheer power and pace will probably make him a good back-up rightback in the near future. Hopefully he can add more to those.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Should be our second choice on RB, far better than Darmian.

Devil may care

Good for him to get a game, I thought he did fine but I don't think RB is his long term position.

m1y2

he's not a RB, how many games he needs to prove ppl about it, fidn pretty annoying his lethargic approach at times, not getting close enough to his player who is about to cross etc.. he wouldnt do worse than Fellaini in the middle, had also some good moments as RB, could have had an assist too 6/10

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Looked nervous and I expect bigger and better performances very soon.

SidRed

Has all the attributes to be a great Valencia replacement in the long term, but definitely needs more games to develop.

SteveW

Great pace and power. Wish he'd calm down a bit when defending though.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Should be our second choice on RB, far better than Darmian.
And surprisingly, I think his crossing is better than Valencia. Would be great when he can learn how to use speed as Valencia also.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Didn't cover himself in glory today. If it's about taking your chances when they come along I think he'll be a bit disappointed with himself today and I'm not sure how many more he's gonna get.
Another kid with potential and probably another loan deal next year when new blood arrives in the summer

Sylar

Would much rather see him than Darmian as most have said, when Tony V isnt playing.
Also would like to see him used as Cm or LB cover for now as a sub if we need to see out a game.

Wasnt a great game, but was acceptable given the number of changes to the team and its pretty much his first game of the season.

Litch

Not sure played in his preferred position but yet again another player that doesn't appear to have a clear position. I'd like to see him at CM but not sure about his football IQ.

In Rainbows

What is his best position? DM? RB? CB? I have no idea what his traits(other than speed) are and what he's good at.
He is really good at tackling. He has decent technique (great for a CB). His technique and pace allows him to dribble in open spaces. I think these attributes will make him a great DM. With Pogba in midfield he has much less offensive responsibility which is ideal. At RB, he has much more offensive responsibility due to the modern game. He also has less chances to start counter attacks.

I would like to see him as a dm, but obviously he still has to mature in his awareness and positioning to be able to play that position. I personally think his tackling ability is special.

Status
Not open for further replies.