Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

Its shocking. For me as a manager you have a moral duty almost to ensure kids that age are getting football. Obviously in the case of Rashford/Martial it is different because they're pretty much first team players and getting more than enough football but TFM's situation is unacceptable for me.
Has a lot to do with the fact that Mourinho never really played serious football himself.

Sylar

I do wish we had used him more this season even if it was minutes here and there esp with our fixture list coming in. Could have been a good one to use in midfield or even LB or RB.

R'hllor

As long JM sticks to his "If you are old enough,you are good enough" sadly TFM doesnt stand a chance...i would understand if we have some world beaters so he cant get minutes but surely he cant do worse then Afroman in midfield two or then Darmian in his curent state/form.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Should have been sent somewhere on loan if Jose had no intention of playing him.

shield

Really can't understand why he was not brought in yesterday. His energy was exactly what we needed. We brought in Darmian instead.

Very disappointed with the way in which his playing time has been managed. If he was not in Mourinho's plan then why did he not find a good loan deal for him.

I don't think we have done much to help the development of a single young player this year and have actually hindered their development. Rashford fails to get matches up top, TFM fails to get matches over Young and Darmian, Martial is not being utilized as the focal point of our attack anymore like last season and I don't know what the situation is with Shaw.

I still have hopes of seeing him play for us again this season.

TheSweeper

In my opinion not developing young players will end up hurting Jose more than it hurts United.

If he doesn't play these kids, it will eventually come to a time where the football player with experienced players becomes very easily countered and stale with the inability to replace. Happened at most of his clubs.

prath92

Really can't understand why he was not brought in yesterday. His energy was exactly what we needed. We brought in Darmian instead.

Very disappointed with the way in which his playing time has been managed. If he was not in Mourinho's plan then why did he not find a good loan deal for him.

I don't think we have done much to help the development of a single young player this year and have actually hindered their development. Rashford fails to get matches up top, TFM fails to get matches over Young and Darmian, Martial is not being utilized as the focal point of our attack anymore like last season and I don't know what the situation is with Shaw.

I still have hopes of seeing him play for us again this season.
He was a last min substitute simply to waste time. What could TFM have done ?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
In my opinion not developing young players will end up hurting Jose more than it hurts United.

If he doesn't play these kids, it will eventually come to a time where the football player with experienced players becomes very easily countered and stale with the inability to replace. Happened at most of his clubs.
There are certainly risks with Jose but club signed for it by giving him his dream job. Right now he's still about to have his first full season in United so when he'll have that perhaps he'll be able to strain some unnecessary elements for the sake of next generation.

If TFM presents similar level of talent and determination as let's say Rashford then Jose shouldn't be the one hurting in the end.

shield

He was a last min substitute simply to waste time. What could TFM have done ?
You are right. I just meant that it would have been nice to see him get a few minutes.

Ideally, I would have liked to see him brought in instead of Rojo. But if Mourinho thought that was too early to bring on an inexperienced player, then bringing him on around the 85th min also would not have been too bad. Just some statement at least that TFM is still in Mourinho's mind.

Zlatattack

I feel for TFM, he showed glimpses of being a great player last season, would love to see him get a run of games.

Aint gota Kalou

Hope he gets a loan next season as I can't see him getting significant minutes under Jose. He's looked very raw this season so he really needs to play to iron out the rash nature of his game.

Robertd0803

Thought we might have seen him at some point this season so far considering the amount of games we have had. We still might in fairness.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's obviously not yet at a level where he can get enough first team minutes to develop his game but how's he going to improve without playing any football at all? Can anyone explain why he isn't getting games for the U-23s?
He was good enough last season so there is no reason to say he isn't good enough this season.

dichinero

The kid's potential is dropping like a lead balloon. A wasted 12 months and José and his staff are to blame

Jacko21

He was good enough last season so there is no reason to say he isn't good enough this season.
Was he good enough last season? Or was it happenstance? I'm not doubting his ability, but there is a rawness/rashness to his game that makes it difficult for a manager like Jose to trust him.

Hence why a loan move would have been wise. He needs to develop his game away from the scrutiny of the first-team.

His physique/demeanour is deceiving, leading people to forget he has just turned 19.

prtk0811

Every young player have struggled to get game time under jose mourinho.

prtk0811

Should have come on instead of fellani in the fa cup game vs chelsea to give it back to chelsea.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He's obviously not yet at a level where he can get enough first team minutes to develop his game but how's he going to improve without playing any football at all? Can anyone explain why he isn't getting games for the U-23s?
Under Mourinho, players that are training with the first team squad don't play U23 football.

TFM's minutes this season compared to other players

Prior to the Middlesbrough game, he spent 11 consecutive games without even being named on the bench. Season has been a write-off for him. May as well loan him out next season as he won't be playing much more next season if he stays.

prtk0811

Under Mourinho, players that are training with the first team squad don't play U23 football.

TFM's minutes this season compared to other players

Prior to the Middlesbrough game, he spent 11 consecutive games without even being named on the bench. Season has been a write-off for him. May as well loan him out next season as he won't be playing much more next season if he stays.
LVG football was dire but his rest of the management was so exiting.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The kid just turned 19 a couple of months ago and yet some are already beating the drums of disappointment or Mourinho doesn't play youth. Just give it a rest and let him develop at his own pace.

pilky02

Supports
I could eat a nob at night
If he broke through at Spurs he would be a top top prospect by now and not a rusty training cone. Can see him moving on in the Summer, like the Pogba situation, if he can't get a minute for us with an injury riddled midfield, what's the point? Must be pretty disheartened at how the season has gone. Funny thing is that he would probably really help the team if he had the chance. Guess that's life.

Last edited:

dichinero

The kid just turned 19 a couple of months ago and yet some are already beating the drums of disappointment or Mourinho doesn't play youth. Just give it a rest and let him develop at his own pace.
Someone should tell José that. Any 19 year old that isn't playing any sort of football at any level isn't developing at all, rather he is regressing badly. Football is getting more and more competitive, and at 19 you are hardly considered a kid anymore.

If he had any sense, he should be instructing his agent to find him a club asap for a permanent transfer. This is how players get disillusioned, training day in day out knowing that you won't feature in any capacity. Injured players have at least something to look towards, he is just a training cone with his potential wasting away.

For the sake of his career, I would not be against him taking a leaf out of Pogba's book to get his career back on track. If this continues, he'll end up in some league one club and the CAF's resident psychologists will say that he wasn't mentally strong enough to make it here.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Someone should tell José that. Any 19 year old that isn't playing any sort of football at any level isn't developing at all, rather he is regressing badly. Football is getting more and more competitive, and at 19 you are hardly considered a kid anymore.

If he had any sense, he should be instructing his agent to find him a club asap for a permanent transfer. This is how players get disillusioned, training day in day out knowing that you won't feature in any capacity. Injured players have at least something to look towards, he is just a training cone with his potential wasting away.

For the sake of his career, I would not be against him taking a leaf out of Pogba's book to get his career back on track. If this continues, he'll end up in some league one club and the CAF's resident psychologists will say that he wasn't mentally strong enough to make it here.
Are you on a WUM ? I think Jose knows exactly what he's doing.

pilky02

Supports
"If you are old enough,you are good enough" .
:lol: This is the perfect summary of Jose's attitude regarding youth. I remember he gave an interview where he said that his CL win with Inter was his most beautiful trophy because he won it with old players at the end of their careers. He plays Rashford because Rooney is as useful as a glass hammer and the fans would string him up if he didn't.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
:lol: This is the perfect summary of Jose's attitude regarding youth. I remember he gave an interview where he said that his CL win with Inter was his most beautiful trophy because he won it with old players at the end of their careers. He plays Rashford because Rooney is as useful as a glass hammer and the fans would string him up if he didn't.
What's your point ? He wasn't brought on to incubate youth players like little hatchlings while we continue to burn in mediocrity

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
It's annoying but we really have to trust the judgement of the man that sees them every day at training. He's a much more impressive physical specimen than Darmian for example but Mourinho obviously thinks he isn't as good at following orders than the Italian is

pilky02

Supports
What's your point ? He wasn't brought on to incubate youth players like little hatchlings while we continue to burn in mediocrity
Feck me, are you a writer? that is a powerful, metaphor ridden sentence right there :lol: I'm not saying that some useless 18 year old should get game time for the sake of it whilst our starting 11 perform so well. I just think Jose is missing a trick by completely ignoring this guy whilst playing 8 burnt out defenders because our midfield is so thin.

prtk0811

I think Jose likes full backs and wingers with very high workrate who can run 100 meters up and down all game and be positionally perfect and young players lack that kind of stamina. Players like Valencia Ronaldo robben bale Marcelo Ashley Cole. Every winger and full back is suffering under his philosophy from Salah to de brune to filipe Luis Eden hazard martial Luke Shaw mkh initially and fosumensah too.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The more time which passes without TFM playing, the greater his legend grows.
L.Shaw became the best LB in the World, during his injury. If TFM doesn't play for another year, he may yet become the Ball on Dor winner, by the time he reaches the age of 21. :p

But, in all seriousness, I do think we need to trust the youth a little more and that includes the likes of Shaw, TFM, CBJ and Tuanzebe. Unfortunately for these players, if we are going for the title next season, Jose will be intent on using players who are in their absolute prime. TFM, for example, won't be playing if we are in 1st place, with narrow 2 point gap to 2nd place. He'll play his absolute strongest team, which certainly wont include an unproven teenager.

Though this is harsh, I do agree with the sentiment:

He wasn't brought on to incubate youth players like little hatchlings while we continue to burn in mediocrity

prtk0811

Feck me, are you a writer? that is a powerful metaphor ridden sentence right there :lol: I'm not saying that some useless 18 year old should get game time for the sake of it whilst our starting 11 perform so well. I just think Jose is missing a trick by completely ignoring this guy whilst playing 8 burnt out defenders because our midfield is so thin.
Really wanted to see him in Chelsea game.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
I think Jose likes full backs and wingers with very high workrate who can run 100 meters up and down all game and be positionally perfect and young players lack that kind of stamina. Players like Valencia Ronaldo robben bale Ashley Cole. Every winger and full back is suffering under his philosophy from Salah to de brune to filipe Luis Eden hazard martial Luke Shaw mkh initially and fosumensah too.
Fosu Mensah is a physical freak of nature, he is probably the fastest player at the club, his acceleration and sprint speed even exceeds Rashford's, but his positioning is really really poor imo. He is all over the place and always just runs towards the ball.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The more time which passes without TFM playing, the greater his legend grows.
L.Shaw became the best LB in the World, during his injury. If TFM doesn't play for another year, he may yet become the Ball on Dor winner, by the time he reaches the age of 21. :p

But, in all seriousness, I do think we need to trust the youth a little more and that includes the likes of Shaw, TFM, CBJ and Tuanzebe. Unfortunately for these players, if we are going for the title next season, Jose will be intent on using players who are in their absolute prime. TFM, for example, won't be playing if we are in 1st place, with narrow 2 point gap to 2nd place. He'll play his absolute strongest team, which certainly wont include an unproven teenager.

Though this is harsh, I do agree with the sentiment:
All that would make sense if he didn't play someone like Darmian ahead of him.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Feck me, are you a writer? that is a powerful, metaphor ridden sentence right there :lol: I'm not saying that some useless 18 year old should get game time for the sake of it whilst our starting 11 perform so well. I just think Jose is missing a trick by completely ignoring this guy whilst playing 8 burnt out defenders because our midfield is so thin.
He sees the player in training every day, how he performs, whether he's physically or psychologically ready, whether there is a place for him relative to other available players etc. I'd say he knows far better what to do than any of us here.

prtk0811

This is what a developed manager does compared to a player turned manager.

pilky02

Supports
He sees the player in training every day, how he performs, whether he's physically or psychologically ready, whether there is a place for him relative to other available players etc. I'd say he knows far better what to do than any of us here.
I agree with this line of thinking right up until i see Darmian get substantial game time again and the cycle of doubt will repeat. On a serious note hopefully Jose sorts out a decent Premier league loan for him next season so he can get back into the swing of things.

Champagne Football

In fairness to Jose - Fergie could often afford to play kids more often as we'd often find ourselves either miles ahead of the pack in 1st place or at least already qualified in the top 4 by February so Fergie had more breathing space to play kids. Jose definitely has a different way of doing things and he will be well aware that he needs to show that he is trying to keep with traditions of the club so that is perhaps why Rashford is getting plenty of game time. Perhaps Mourinho feels bringing through Rashford and Martial is enough for this season and maybe next season when he offloads the likes of Darmian and Shaw possibly over the summer then he'll feel there is more space in the team to give more chances to Tuanzebe and Fosu Mensah

prtk0811

If he took over earlier rashford lingard would have never belonged in the squad.

WhoDaGOAT

Training is overrated. There are some players who shine in training; away from watching eyes and the pressures of an expectant crowd. Some players crumble under the floodlights. It's what happens when the players emerge from the tunnel that counts. You never know if a youngster is ready until you put them in and see how they cope.

Players like McGrath and King barely ever trained, while Agüero is said to be a poor trainer with little interest outside of games. Lampard has said as much.

Gibson, for example, is said to have been scoring worldies in training. He wasn't up to it most of the time, when it actually counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.