Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

Very mixed game, certainly not ready for a first team position. Needs a loan and is vastly overrated on here.

Good to get minutes and he was ok today. He was overplaying a bit, but he got in a few good attacking positions and should have had an assist. He's nowhere near Valencia or Darmian yet though i dont think RB is his position.

Skills

Snitch
Thought both him and Tuanzabe had very decent games considering that our RB is probably the toughest position in the team to play this season. our basically all alone on the right, all game with everyone else cutting in or loading down the left.

Huge amounts of pressure to deal with

khoazany

Thought both him and Tuanzabe had very decent games considering that our RB is probably the toughest position in the team to play this season. our basically all alone on the right, all game with everyone else cutting in or loading down the left.

Huge amounts of pressure to deal with
And consider both of them are not really RB.

Fracture90

Tho I'm happy he got some playing time, don't like seeing him in RB position.

Hope that injury is nothing serious.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
To be honest I don't think he will be happy with his performance out there today. He would have been hoping to really impress and push for a more regular starting spot. Instead what we got was a very average performance where he did a few good things, along with making a number of mistakes. I haven't seen much of him before now, but based on what I saw today I don't think he is quite ready to step into the first team, at the very least not at RB.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
To be honest I don't think he will be happy with his performance out there today. He would have been hoping to really impress and push for a more regular starting spot. Instead what we got was a very average performance where he did a few good things, along with making a number of mistakes. I haven't seen much of him before now, but based on what I saw today I don't think he is quite ready to step into the first team, at the very least not at RB.
I thought he had a good game as RB. Not as good as Valencia, but better than the other options (Young, Darmian).

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'm not sure what to make of him. Physically very impressive but not much else. Poor decision-making, no positional sense, poor timing in the tackle, not particularly composed on the ball, technically fine but not that impressive. He's either been playing with a lot of nerves and playing within himself or people have been hyping him up on physique alone.

ti vu

I'm not sure what to make of him. Physically very impressive but not much else. Poor decision-making, no positional sense, poor timing in the tackle, not particularly composed on the ball, technically fine but not that impressive. He's either been playing with a lot of nerves and playing within himself or people have been hyping him up on physique alone.
I won't use poor to describe him, but agree to some extend he's very raw/ mixed bag. Definitely not worth the hype people talking about him ready to challenge and move up the pecking order at the moment.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This. He's only very rarely brought what he's shown for the academy into the first team.

Loublaze

ATLien
I won't use poor to describe him, but agree to some extend he's very raw/ mixed bag. Definitely not worth the hype people talking about him ready to challenge and move up the pecking order at the moment.
He'll only improve with more games and since Mourinho doesn't want to loan him out i'd rather give him minutes than say Darmian

OohAahMartial

Would guess next season he will be on loan. Needs the right loan though even if its a lower division but gets regular games in the position that Jose sees for him. I thought the lad offered more going forwards than Darmian so was pleased with him even if he looks raw. But to lose that rawness he needs games.

RB7N

What is his best position? DM? RB? CB? I have no idea what his traits(other than speed) are and what he's good at.
Strengts: Speed(both his acceleration and top speed is scary), strenght, tackling, technique(for a defender), has a good leap for heading the ball

Weakness: Rash, positioning at right back(it's much better at CB or DM).

Minimalist

Thought he was okay yesterday. Nothing overly noticeable about his performance.

Zoo

It would have been a great assist if Mkhitaryan had managed to score. Otherwise he was quite nervy and seems to slip a lot. The lack of football is hindering him.

SteveW

I can definitely see why you might say that. His pace and power are a big part of why he is rated so highly by many and it's arguably why he stands out so much at under age level. However I think he has also looked a better footballer at those levels than he's show in the first team so far.

I'm not overly convinced by him though mainly because I struggle to see what position he can play for us. He looks like a defensive liability most of the time and he doesn't seem to have the composure and passing range to be a midfielder for us. He needs to make himself a viable option in a position if he's to have a future here. That's seems a way off at present

ash_86

I think we should consider the loan option for him. When we don't know what his best position is and couldn't risk him in several games, that's exactly what the loan is for.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Wasn't amazing yesterday but he put in a decent performance and is a much better option than Darmian.

marlowe78

Looked to me like he was trying to do too much. That foul early on was foolish, though I liked how he pretty much shrugged it off as a day at the office. Looks like he can be a real beast with maturity.

Could've also have done better with that chance in the 2nd half but his brain was probably going in 50 different directions when he moved at goal. Do think he's a really good prospect and needs game time somewhere.

In Rainbows

This. He's only very rarely brought what he's shown for the academy into the first team.
I thought last season he continue showing how great his tackling ability is. Same with his ability to dribble into open space to start counter attacks. He just hasn't been impressive as a RB this season.

I think it's a mixture of RB not really suiting him and confidence. He's not confident in keeping the ball or attacking right now so you often see him passing the ball back. A lot of people are questioning his technical ability, but if he was playing as a cb, you would notice how good technically he is for a cb.

Last season a lot of people were debating whether he should play as a cb or as a dm. I personally wanted him as a cb initially because I felt his ability at CB would be much more impressive. A cb doesn't usually have his technique, his passing ability, dribbling ability, etc... However, once Pogba joined United I wanted him to become a dm (as part of a 3 man midfield). This is because Pogba is such an attacking force that his attacking deficiencies would no longer be as big an issue. He is also a great tackler with ability to cover a lot of ground which is useful as Pogba likes to go forward a lot and doesn't have outstanding workrate. This is also assuming a great passing cm, that comes towards the ball all the time, is present.

As a rb, his quality isn't as apparent. This is because he's now being judged against the rest of the modern fullbacks who have much better technique than cbs and are expected to contribute to the attack much more. A lot of us didn't really expect him to turn into a rb even though he did play at rb for the youth teams at both United and in the Netherlands. I can see why some are failing to see what makes him standout.

As a defender he needs better positional sense. However, I would not question his tackling ability. I think he definitely has that in his locker and as he showed last season will continue to show it throughout his career. People just need to be patient.

Last edited:

AR87

I think he's actually looked fairly tidy at RB with the caveat that his positioning is still off. This is something I believe can be corrected but requires more playing time. He needs to go out on loan and work out the kinks in his game.

He didn't cover himself in glory against Wigan, but I thought he showed enough promise in his performances last year down the end of the season.

The United

The guy slips a lot, like a lot. I wonder why.

If you are going to slip a few times in the match while the play is near you, no amount of talents will save him.

I like him for some reason though and hope he makes it somehow.

But, slips...

Lebo

The overreaction in here is too much. It was just one game. The guy played a lot more than that to be judged on 1 game.

I thought he was okay. Nothing impressive but nothing much to complain about except his eagerness to impress getting the better of him

Fracture90

Some of the criticism here is worrying. He's a 18 old player that rarely gets the opportunity to play, what did you expect from him? Messi -esque performance? He did fine at RB, even tho i prefer seeing him playing as a CM.

I believe loan would do him good but probably next season he will get more playing time in cups if he stays due to Mourinho not prioritising cups as he is now.

glucose

I'm sure a club like Bournemouth would love to have him now that Ake has gone back to Chelsea. Would be great for him to develop his game there.

Dobbs

Some of the criticism here is worrying. He's a 18 old player that rarely gets the opportunity to play, what did you expect from him? Messi -esque performance? He did fine at RB, even tho i prefer seeing him playing as a CM.

I believe loan would do him good but probably next season he will get more playing time in cups if he stays due to Mourinho not prioritising cups as he is now.
Agree.

Can't believe the conclusions people draw from such limited game time. The guy has played barely any competitive football all season. Couple that with his age and lack of experience what do they expect?

His positioning is a little off. No shit!

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Sort of player who should have been on loan ages ago with that mature physique. He is built for adult football and for me I don't see why we are wasting our time keeping him on the bench and forcing him into a right back.

Needs to be sent out on loan, let him play in midfield regularly and see how he does. He could blossom into a solid B2B midfielder or CDM.. if he struggles in those roles, then give him another loan and request that he plays in defensive position, right back for example and then wait and see how he does. Only once we are sure that he's progressed to a sufficient level and can be trusted to start games for us or as a reliable squad member should he be brought back.

By aged 20/21 you could have a ready made player. Right now I just see a waste of talent and potential.. he's not really trustworthy enough to play at right back for us and we're not doing his development favours at all.

Fracture90

Agree.

Can't believe the conclusions people draw from such limited game time. The guy has played barely any competitive football all season. Couple that with his age and lack of experience what do they expect?

His positioning is a little off. No shit!
Somehow certain people expect him to be a finished product at the age of 18.

Football manager and PES/FIFA career mode experts.

Dobbs

Sort of player who should have been on loan ages ago with that mature physique. He is built for adult football and for me I don't see why we are wasting our time keeping him on the bench and forcing him into a right back.

Needs to be sent out on loan, let him play in midfield regularly and see how he does. He could blossom into a solid B2B midfielder or CDM.. if he struggles in those roles, then give him another loan and request that he plays in defensive position, right back for example and then wait and see how he does. Only once we are sure that he's progressed to a sufficient level and can be trusted to start games for us or as a reliable squad member should he be brought back.

By aged 20/21 you could have a ready made player. Right now I just see a waste of talent and potential.. he's not really trustworthy enough to play at right back for us and we're not doing his development favours at all.
I think he could get enough gametime here to mature and for us to see if he's the real deal. There's been plenty of opportunities to grab 20 minutes here and there.

I think Mourinho feels senior players like Fellaini and Darmian deserve that time more just because they are senior. Quite hierarchical like that.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think he could get enough gametime here to mature and for us to see if he's the real deal. There's been plenty of opportunities to grab 20 minutes here and there.

I think Mourinho feels senior players like Fellaini and Darmian deserve that time more just because they are senior. Quite hierarchical like that.
Mourinho is just not great with young players. He deservedly gets stick for it IMO.. I'd much prefer him to just loan out youngsters, and let them develop elsewhere then bring them back in when he has trust in them. I have rarely seen him bring through someone from academy into first team football since he left Porto, maybe Santon and Balotelli at Inter but even they gave way the season after when they won the treble.

TFM is too good to be grabbing minutes here and there on the bench, not to say he is good enough for United but right here right now, he's good enough to be a Premiership player for sure with that pace, power and technical ability. Therefore it makes sense to let him enjoy a season playing regularly for a side competing in the highest leagues across Europe. Learn to compete against adults, finally find his best position and gain some real tactical awareness.

For me a youngster should only be kept at United if he is already starter material, or you feel he is too frail to be thrown into adult football just yet (but you still think he's a big talent).

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Mourinho is just not great with young players. He deservedly gets stick for it IMO.. I'd much prefer him to just loan out youngsters, and let them develop elsewhere then bring them back in when he has trust in them. I have rarely seen him bring through someone from academy into first team football since he left Porto, maybe Santon and Balotelli at Inter but even they gave way the season after when they won the treble.

TFM is too good to be grabbing minutes here and there on the bench, not to say he is good enough for United but right here right now, he's good enough to be a Premiership player for sure with that pace, power and technical ability. Therefore it makes sense to let him enjoy a season playing regularly for a side competing in the highest leagues across Europe.
Agreed, he should be playing more.

Dobbs

TFM is too good to be grabbing minutes here and there on the bench, not to say he is good enough for United but right here right now, he's good enough to be a Premiership player for sure with that pace, power and technical ability. Therefore it makes sense to let him enjoy a season playing regularly for a side competing in the highest leagues across Europe. Learn to compete against adults, finally find his best position and gain some real tactical awareness.

For me a youngster should only be kept at United if he is already starter material, or you feel he is too frail to be thrown into adult football just yet (but you still think he's a big talent).
Yeah can't argue with that. I think he could be getting more minutes here but a loan can only be good. Premiership clubs should be all over him.

I know it's already been said but why he's not playing with the U23's is a complete mystery. Is Mourinho being a little selfish? Doesn't want to risk him getting injured just in case he's needed?

dichinero

Exactly, no top player became a top player by being a training cone at 19. If you are not getting at least 25 games at any level a season at that age, especially when you haven't been injured, your future potential will be in question. José is killing this kid IMO, no reason for him not playing.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Exactly, no top player became a top player by being a training cone at 19. If you are not getting at least 25 games at any level a season at that age, especially when you haven't been injured, your future potential will be in question. José is killing this kid IMO, no reason for him not playing.
No one wants to admit it but I wouldn't trust Jose with a young Ronaldo or Messi. It just isn't his forte. Aged 22-25, he is good at handling that age.. but 16-20, he's the worst manager in the top 6, at handling that age range.

dichinero

No one wants to admit it but I wouldn't trust Jose with a young Ronaldo or Messi. It just isn't his forte. Aged 22-25, he is good at handling that age.. but 16-20, he's the worst manager in the top 6, at handling that age range.
I was saying it the other day, were it not for age TFM would have been the unfittest player, in terms of match fitness across the club including first team, U23, U18s and U16s ahead of Schweinstiger. It ridiculous! I wouldn't blame a player for angling for a move in these conditions.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I was saying it the other day, were it not for age TFM would have been the unfittest player, in terms of match fitness across the club including first team, U23, U18s and U16s ahead of Schweinstiger. It ridiculous! I wouldn't blame a player for angling for a move in these conditions.
Its shocking. For me as a manager you have a moral duty almost to ensure kids that age are getting football. Obviously in the case of Rashford/Martial it is different because they're pretty much first team players and getting more than enough football but TFM's situation is unacceptable for me.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Should have gone out on loan really. Not convinced if he's good enough for United to begin with but he won't get any better on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.