Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
What'a his passing like? We've established he's a beast and pacey enough alright.
Needs improvement IMO. Prone to picking poor choices, such as passing to a defender who has opposing players very close by. He did it a couple of times last night, and has done it in previous appearances. Nothing that can't be worked on though.

In Rainbows

He is actually got a good long ball on him. He's not shown it at first team level yet though, which is understandable because he is young and doesn't want to screw up his opportunities.
I know he can do it occasionally, but it's not on the same level as a guy like Carrick who is a natural passer. Carrick can ping long balls horizontally and vertically on the pitch either to switch the play or to create an attack. The one time Tim can do a great through ball is with a lot of time and space. He has done nothing at youth level to suggest he can pass like Carrick.

He was touted as our next Pogba last year wasn't he? :D Think he has all the attributes to be a great box to box player, quick, strong, good dribbler.
That was wrong. Pogba was always the attacking talent with great passing, through ball ability, technique, dribbling, shooting, etc....

Tim in my eyes was the defensive talent with amazing tackling ability. He has great technique for a defender (which means he can play as a cm destroyer), but not for a natural midfielder. He doesn't have great shooting ability and he's not some natural dribbler. He can dribble if the opposition leaves space for him as his speed is amazing. That is why after winning the ball in the middle he can dribble with the open space in front of him, which is useful as he can start a counter attack.

He can become a great cm that compliments Pogba. All he really needs is more composure on the ball. As for the Phil Jones comparison, I think TFM's technique is better, through ball ability (the rare occasions he shows it) is better, and he is a better tackler. I feel like it's possible for him to be a cm where as with Phil Jones I always thought he was a cb playing out of position.

Last edited:

Red_toad

anyone else have a small fear he is going to become one of these players who is going to end up playing where we have a gap rather than a set position...ie. right back, central defender, holding midfielder

hope he finds his position and doesn't become the next john o'shea that's all
Jeez, how bad must it be to be John O'Shea, multiple medal winner and a very long career at a highly successful club.
I'd wager many a player would opt for such a career!

khoazany

I don't get it. Since when being able to play multiple positions is a concern? Phil Jones couldn't progress because of his injury and his rashness, not because he's able to play RB and CM. Did it does the likes of Alaba, Kimmich, Sergi Roberto,... any harm? Being able to play more than one positions is a trait of modern top academy graduates these days, since it increases the chance of you breaking into the first team. Not a coincidence that all of our academy graduates in the first team or whereabouts (Rashford,Lingard,Fosu-Mensah,Lingard,Pereira,Januzaj) have been played in different positions. Their "final position" will be determined by where the team need them the most, not the other way round.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't get it. Since when being able to play multiple positions is a concern? Phil Jones couldn't progress because of his injury and his rashness, not because he's able to play RB and CM. Did it does the likes of Alaba, Kimmich, Sergi Roberto,... any harm? Being able to play more than one positions is a trait of modern top academy graduates these days, since it increases the chance of you breaking into the first team. Not a coincidence that all of our academy graduates in the first team or whereabouts (Rashford,Lingard,Fosu-Mensah,Lingard,Pereira,Januzaj) have been played in different positions. Their "final position" will be determined by where the team need them the most, not the other way round.
It is a blessing for me. These kinda players are absolutely vital to clubs because seasons are long, injuries and suspensions will always render squads very thin.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Completely agree. All these supposed players being ruined by playing multiple positions have in fact had much bigger problems which stopped them from developing into better players. I'd very much argue that being comfortable in multiple positions helps players when they do start sticking to one position.

Brightonian

Completely agree. All these supposed players being ruined by playing multiple positions have in fact had much bigger problems which stopped them from developing into better players. I'd very much argue that being comfortable in multiple positions helps players when they do start sticking to one position.
Look at Blind for the best example of all. He's one of our best players, but he's probably only still at the club because he has three positions. It must be three times now that having been the established choice in a position for us, we've signed someone who's replaced him. But he's been able to stay in the starting line up very consistently because of his amazing ability to slip straight into a different position without any real adjustment period.

We need an rvn

Jeez, how bad must it be to be John O'Shea, multiple medal winner and a very long career at a highly successful club.
I'd wager many a player would opt for such a career!
i don't particularly think O'shea was a linchpin in the teams that when those titles though, something I think TFM might be if he keeps progressing like this. I'd say more the likes of Keane, Scholes, Becks, Giggs, RUUUUUUD, Ferdinand, Vidic etc. And our team is no where close to being on that level at the moment.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I've said it before but he is so much like a Young Phil Jones.

Even their positional dilemmas at that age and weaknesses are similar.

I disagree mate. I think he is a lot more composed and less rash in his tackling. He doesn't need to as he has a lot of speed in his tank,

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I've said it before but he is so much like a Young Phil Jones.

Even their positional dilemmas at that age and weaknesses are similar.
I disagree. There's much more of a natural footballer in TFM.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I disagree. There's much more of a natural footballer in TFM.
Conversely Jones was a more natural defender though IMO. Keeping Drogba quiet on his debut for Blackburn was seriously impressive. Fosu Mensah still needs to work on his positioning, plenty of time yet though of course.

3KDré

Conversely Jones was a more natural defender though IMO. Keeping Drogba quiet on his debut for Blackburn was seriously impressive. Fosu Mensah still needs to work on his positioning, plenty of time yet though of course.
I don't know. His performance against Deeney and Ighalo when Blind had a mare last season was absolutely fantastic.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just to add another example, Saul Niguez played at CB on loan at Rayo(?) I believe. Since then he has played as a CM, a DM, a right midfielder etc...

Bwuk

I'd be all for bringing him into the midfield and using him as a box to box runner to provide energy and athleticism to the team.

I think he'd do a better job at what Fellaini is meant to bring than Fellaini does.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I'd be all for bringing him into the midfield and using him as a box to box runner to provide energy and athleticism to the team.

I think he'd do a better job at what Fellaini is meant to bring than Fellaini does.
Aye, I just came in to ask/state the same. We've tried just about every midfielder we have, with limited to no success, as they all have their limitations - pace and agility being the most obvious one. I mean there's even calls to bring BFS back into the fold.

But he's probably way too young to be relied upon. I'd have thought he'd have really supported Herrera well and given Pogba a platform to get up and down. But yeah, I think we're just reaching desperation stages now :lol:

Dans

Please, have him at RB and move Valencia out of the picture.

Dans

He's limited always has been always will be. He's strong and quickish (although not as quick as he was) and now and again puts a good cross in, but he's still a converted winger who hasn't got a left foot and has no real adventurous side to him. He's been decent I agree, but he's like Rooney often in how much he prevents any fluid play and his positioning as a defender still leaves something to be desired. I'd rather blood FM this season as we aren't looking like we are going anywhere fast. People like Valencia, Rooney and Smalling should be fearing for their places (Rooney thankfully already is).

acnumber9

He's limited always has been always will be. He's strong and quickish (although not as quick as he was) and now and again puts a good cross in, but he's still a converted winger who hasn't got a left foot and has no real adventurous side to him. He's been decent I agree, but he's like Rooney often in how much he prevents any fluid play and his positioning as a defender still leaves something to be desired. I'd rather blood FM this season as we aren't looking like we are going anywhere fast. People like Valencia, Rooney and Smalling should be fearing for their places (Rooney thankfully already is).
We should worrying about those not performing a lot more than those who are.

R300k

T A
I have absolutely no idea why the hell on earth still TFM doesnt have his chance. At least with his acceleration ability he could play CB better than Blind, CDM better than Fellaini

I'm worried about Darmians ability to handle Sanchez in the Arsenal game. He butchered him last time out.
Sanchez has already been moved to centre this season bro

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I have absolutely no idea why the hell on earth still TFM doesnt have his chance. At least with his acceleration ability he could play CB better than Blind, CDM better than Fellaini
Thank god this isn't the most important thing in football.

Lawman

Would like to see this kid get more game time starting. Think Darmain is nothing more than a stop gap whilst this kid could become a permanent fixture.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That's not really a post from you Rozay you're normally better than that!
I didn't mean it literally. It was a joke to basically say 'the way our strikers are playing at the moment, heck, I'd even take him at centre-forward'. Probably not worded too greatly I guess!

dichinero

So much for giving youngsters a chance. No game time with the first team, u23 or u18. Even Jones has more minutes than him. Better off on loan. Do it Joyce!

Castia

He's not even been playing for the youth teams? so he's basically done feck all since pre season?

Utdstar01

So much for giving youngsters a chance. No game time with the first team, u23 or u18. Even Jones has more minutes than him. Better off on loan. Do it Joyce!
Think his level is higher than Wigan tbh.

George Beast

Seem to remember him playing against Northampton in the carling cup. Just his luck we got city next and coming from a terrible run needed the win badly, but he probably would have played if it was against another club. He's part of the first team set up though, training and travelling. That's all good experience for someone his age.

Dobbs

Seem to remember him playing against Northampton in the carling cup. Just his luck we got city next and coming from a terrible run needed the win badly, but he probably would have played if it was against another club. He's part of the first team set up though, training and travelling. That's all good experience for someone his age.
He still needs to actually play football though. No idea why he isn't in the U23's. It won't progress him but it would keep him match fit.

dichinero

Would it not be better if he was at least getting games at his age, at least with the u23. The talent is there and he is at a similar age when Pogba started getting games. The standard is getting higher for young players not to be getting any game time

George Beast

He still needs to actually play football though. No idea why he isn't in the U23's. It won't progress him but it would keep him match fit.
Would it not be better if he was at least getting games at his age, at least with the u23. The talent is there and he is at a similar age when Pogba started getting games. The standard is getting higher for young players not to be getting any game time
No I absolutely agree. In fact I was one of the more vocal people on here earlier when before the carling cup game he went something like 3 or 4 months without seeing any action, and to be fair he still hasn't seen much game time since. It's definitely a worry for me especially at a crucial developmental stage in his career and for someone who we consider to be one of the biggest talents we have at the club.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Apparently injured, wasn’t part of the Dutch U20 squad that faced France today. Confirmed - Travelled back to Manchester.

Last edited:

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Another defensive injury, just what we needed. Time to get Tuanzebe on the bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.