Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

Would like to see him given a chance in midfield.

For example - in today's game Fellaini came on. It's clear he has no long term future at the club. He won't get his contract extended beyond his current one.

Why not give Fosu-Mensah those minutes? If we aren't going to use him, we should loan him out to a club who would in January. Think he could do a job at Leicester next to Drinkwater ala Kante.

SteveW

Would like to see him given a chance in midfield.

For example - in today's game Fellaini came on. It's clear he has no long term future at the club. He won't get his contract extended beyond his current one.

Why not give Fosu-Mensah those minutes? If we aren't going to use him, we should loan him out to a club who would in January. Think he could do a job at Leicester next to Drinkwater ala Kante.
Because we were holding onto a lead and he's inexperienced, positionally suspect and extremely rash?

Bwuk

Because we were holding onto a lead and he's inexperienced, positionally suspect and extremely rash?
It was for what, 2/3 minutes?

Fellaini is all those things except from inexperienced.

bucky

Those things can be said about Darmian and Fellaini as well. Experience or not, he's shown enough to be ahead of those two. Up until the 70th minute against Tottenham last season, he was the only reason why we weren't behind. When he went off injured, they started scoring their goals.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
SteveW go and take your common sense to another thread you are wasting this one...

ti vu

It was for what, 2/3 minutes?

Fellaini is all those things except from inexperienced.
It was a time wasting sub and giving assurance to Fellaini after last few weeks critics. Shouldn't read much into youth priority stuff with today sub unlike the Everton game.

Last edited:

MounchesterUtd

Schneidi likely on the way out, Fellaini near as well it seems. Hoping Timbo gets his chances, and impresses, after January's over.

Could very well be that Jose thought of him as a CM all along, not a full back.

dichinero

Schneidi likely on the way out, Fellaini near as well it seems. Hoping Timbo gets his chances, and impresses, after January's over.

Could very well be that Jose thought of him as a CM all along, not a full back.
He should just go on loan instead. Regardless of who we sell, I doubt he would play up to 100 minutes this season.

I'd rather see Sean Goss instead tbh.

MAME DIOUF 32

Pick him or send him out on loan. Surely he's beyond occasionally making the bench and not getting on?

Fracture90

How is Timbo's passing? Could he play in Herrera's spot as b2b? I'd love seeing him getting some minutes there instead of Fellaini ffs.

dichinero

If the boy has any sense, he will angle for a loan move. Fellaini minutes will not do him any favour. Besides, as much as I like the boy I'd rather see Blind before TFM in midfield, simply because he must be as unfit as anything!

Loublaze

ATLien
Im really surprised Mourinho is not using him more but I guess that's his management strategy. He's still very young but I think he's ready for a bigger role. Imagine him and Pogba in the same midfield. Its nice to dream. He was really getting a lot of love under LVG.

Coxy

If the boy has any sense, he will angle for a loan move. Fellaini minutes will not do him any favour. Besides, as much as I like the boy I'd rather see Blind before TFM in midfield, simply because he must be as unfit as anything!
This. Mourinho is hardly known for bringing on youth (although he feels differently ;) ) so yep he should go on a loan - he needs to play

AgentP

We should send him out on loan but it should be to a team where he gets to play a lot of games. A lot of our recent loan deals have not worked out well for the concerned players. Only Pereira seems to be benefitting so far. I really expected him to get more chances than he has especially during the period Valencia was out. But with Darmian and even Bailly ahead of him, it's hard to see him get too many chances inspite of us having plenty of cup games coming up.

ti vu

:lol: Understandably. Focus completely shifted to Pogba, the short wearing freak

MounchesterUtd

Is it just the way they're positioned or did Martial grow taller? Thought TFM was in the 6'3 range.

MounchesterUtd

6'3 would put him at Pogba height which he quite clearly isn't.
From the photo above, could be that Pogba was hopping. It does look like he's coming down. Whatever he's doing, he isn't just walking like the other two.

Not that a difference between 6'1-6'3 affects their performance on the pitch. Just generally curious.

Rake

Martial is 184cm tall so TFM is easily 188.

I hope he will get playing time today. Can't see a better opportunity really.

Rajma

Mourinho really has to show some more faith in youth products. These are the kind of games made for younger academy players to grab their chances. Very disappointing that.

ZAGREB RED

Would like to see him starting a few games, but he doesn't seem to feature even when other fringe players come in.

Varun

Staff
Any comments form Mourinho about the position he sees Mensah in?

Status
Not open for further replies.