Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickosaur

I doubt we will see him again unless we are winning 4-0 or something. Before he got caught in possession for their penalty, he was caught out for pace and hes supposed to be one of the quickest in our squad. He looked nervous and this is Northampton. Try him midfield, but i would question his mentality.
Because that's how it works.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He's very young and plays in a position where young players are not usually used much. Not surprised he looks off pace sometimes.

U99ted

I doubt we will see him again unless we are winning 4-0 or something. Before he got caught in possession for their penalty, he was caught out for pace and hes supposed to be one of the quickest in our squad. He looked nervous and this is Northampton. Try him midfield, but i would question his mentality.
He is only 18, and he looked confident against Premier League level opposition last season.

El Jefe

Talented kid but hopefully it puts an end to line ups with him as the DM in our starting XI.

Many people on here actually expected him to start as our DM this season based on absolutely nothing.

RedCurry

A young up-and-coming player isn't allowed to have a poor game anymore? Where do we get this kind of snobbish mentality from?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He bottled it if you ask me. He totally went into a shell after his mistake. Talented lad but not ready for first team football here. Maybe a loan this January.
That sums it up perfectly.
The simple truth is that the pressure (after 3 losses) is/was very high on the manager and the players.
And to throw an 18 year old onto the pitch, who does not have prodigious amounts of skill, expecting him to play in a team gunning for the title, is unreasonable.

A loan spell, to prepare him mentally for the huge step up (if he wants to play for MUFC first team), would do him well.

Classical Mechanic

That sums it up perfectly.
The simple truth is that the pressure (after 3 losses) is/was very high on the manager and the players.
And to throw an 18 year old onto the pitch, who does not have prodigious amounts of skill, expecting him to play in a team gunning for the title, is unreasonable.

A loan spell, to prepare him mentally for the huge step up (if he wants to play for MUFC first team), would do him well.
Right back isn't really his position either. His first mistake came from him getting sucked into a centre back position.

Camilo

And people were suggesting he should play midfield! He's just a kid who's developed physically. He needs 3 or 4 superb years at a smaller club before getting a shot here.

Vanya

first competitive game of the season and its still september. will need time to get up to speed. no need to judge him on the northampton performance. mou should pick him over darmian for europa.

FromTheBench

first competitive game of the season and its still september. will need time to get up to speed. no need to judge him on the northampton performance. mou should pick him over darmian for europa.
Don't think he has played U23 football either, so it's his first match time for any kind IIRC. Been bizarre that he's not been allowed to participate in the U23/u19 football either while not playing for the first team by Mourinhos' policy.

Besides, RB is like his 3rd or 4th best position also.

Silverman

People saying he needs to move to a smaller club first etc etc? Come on, give the lad a break. It was his first game of the season and he played in a position where he probably shouldn't be playing. CB or CM for me. Hopefully now Mourinho doesn't forget about him now.

Man Utd 1:0 Zorya

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Its great that he is getting minutes and experience but he isnt a fullback and i really wish we stopped playing him there, at least in games where we are dominating....

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Had a huge part in that goal. I think he's been handicapped somewhat at FB so far by the 2 central midfielders. It seems both FB's have to hold more. He's made a few good runs down the channel and it's no surprise that when he broke past their defensive line and was found, he then supplied a good ball.

He deserves extra credit for his mastering of angles and precision passing. To judge the weight of that pass to Rooney with the foresight to predict what angle it would bounce back off him and into Zlatan's path is just... :drool:

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Its great that he is getting minutes and experience but he isnt a fullback and i really wish we stopped playing him there, at least in games where we are dominating....
I think it's great experience for him to just be out there on the pitch. So much of the jump to first team football is the mental adjustment. Let him get minutes under his belt and feel like he belongs out there first.

Also, it's good experience for him to develop his attacking play when we are so dominant

prath92

I think playing at fullback helps. Smalling and Jones for us used to play full backs and Iirc carragher used to be a full back quite often. I think it will help you in the future

kundalini

I thought he was our best player. One of the few who were willing to play at a high tempo.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I agree, especially when we play fecking Rojo on the other side.

Devil may care

I gave him MOTM, much better than he was against Northampton and made some good overlapping runs.

AndyJ1985

Another promising young player who will hopefully get more minutes as the season goes on.

Aint gota Kalou

Thought he was caught out of position a few times but thats to be expected of a young player not in his natural position. Other than that he looked good and still offers more than Darmian or Rojo.

DeOddi

Grew into the match and got a bit more ambitious going forward towards the end of the game as well. If he sorts out his positioning i think he could be a very good right back for us.

Zoo

I really think he can challenge Valencia for his place who has gone back to frustrating self when in the final third.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is he ridiculously fast? There was one defensive run and one attacking run where I thought that he was absolutely blistering.
It's pretty annoying that after Martial and Rashford our fastest players are Fosu-Mensah, Valencia, Smalling, Bailly, and Shaw. All our defenders. :(

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Superior physicality doesn't decrease bursts of pace, just pleasure to watch.

Clever pass to Rooney, made important work in creating a winner.

Utdstar01

It's pretty annoying that after Martial and Rashford our fastest players are Fosu-Mensah, Valencia, Smalling, Bailly, and Shaw. All our defenders. :(
True. Whereas our U18s team is full of raw pace throughout pretty much.

Ban

Decent game but he should have been more active offensively. As the game wore on he was more brave in that department.

Status
Not open for further replies.