Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

Yeah that is our only real option if we can't shift any of the deadwood this summer
Ideal summer would be use our budget on Sancho.

Sell Perreira (£7m), Jones (£0), Smalling (£15m), Rojo (£0), Dalot (£20m) = £42m

If we can sell Lingard for £10m then so be it but the above players should be first to go.

Now, the question will be to Ole, what do you think is more important, a CB or CM.

If Cm then spend £35m on VDB
if Cb then we get someone for £30m

Would any of us be willing to give Lingard one more season as backup with Mata so we can get a CB?

Or are we willing to give Bailly and Tuanzebe one more season?

dev1l

I personally think that is a very realistic possibility
We can also do like with did with Bruno, postpone Sancho transfer till January where we would be able to "borrow" from next summer s budget.
If our net spend is around 80 to 100 million per year,one would assume that we have 30 to 50 million available plus any income from players sold.

One may also argue that last summers net spent was 80+20+50=150 less 70(lukaku) = 80 m.
So we may have something left over?

croadyman

Do people think we should wait for Upamecano next summer but bring back Smalling for next season or should we just pass on him and take a risk by bringing in Badiashile now instead

croadyman

We can also do like with did with Bruno, postpone Sancho transfer till January where we would be able to "borrow" from next summer s budget.
If our net spend is around 80 to 100 million per year,one would assume that we have 30 to 50 million available plus any income from players sold.

One may also argue that last summers net spent was 80+20+50=150 less 70(lukaku) = 80 m.
So we may have something left over?
They won't let him go in January personally think it is now or never for Jadon brutal as that might sound

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Arsenal keeper Emiliano Martinez sends a message to the club.

Quotes:
The first loans were always with the option of returning to the club. When I came back from the last loan to Reading, I said that I didn’t want to leave anymore, that now was my time.

I wanted to be given the chance or if not, yes, leave. I didn’t want to know anything more if they didn’t give me the opportunity. Unai Emery gave me the chance to go toe-to-toe with Leno this season and it ended as it ended.

[On why he believes that next season will be his moment to establish himself] The trust. I had come back from Reading where I played very well and felt important. And this season I was able to show at Arsenal the same thing I did at Reading and that’s why things turned out so well for me. Next season I want to start in the same way.

This is just beginning for me. My goal is to play as much as possible at Arsenal and that’s why when I return I will speak with the coach to decide my future. I went on vacation and turned off my phone so for now I had no contact with anyone.

If you feel pressure at Arsenal, you can’t play. Arsenal have fans all over the world, it’s a super big club and if you think about your surroundings, you won’t make one save. When I start playing I did it like I played all my life at San Isidro of Mar del Plata or at Independiente. I like to play under pressure and perform against the best. When it comes to playing I forget everything.

Leno was already recovered for the final and I played the same. We’ll see. I don’t want to go back to the bench and go months and months without playing. I’ll decide the best option for my career.

[On whether he'd leave Arsenal if he's benched again] Definitely, yes.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Arsenal keeper Emiliano Martinez sends a message to the club.

Quotes:
Tricky one. Based on his end of season form I'd love to take him over Pickford but that's just it...was it purely end of season form/adrenaline?

SAFMUTD

Apparently we re very rigid when it comes to selling players. We prefer to let a player rot in reserves rather than selling him at a lower price - case in point Darmian. Rojo s case is the same.
I agree with that politic, at least we wont be taken for a ride when selling players. Its not like were asking for a huge fee for them its mostly teams wanting to take advantage offering peanuts, like the Smalling case with Roma.

What I dont agree with is why do we keep renewing their contracts? better to let them go for free that keep paying their wages when theyre clearly not in plans.

dev1l

I agree with that politic, at least we wont be taken for a ride when selling players. Its not like were asking for a huge fee for them its mostly teams wanting to take advantage offering peanuts, like the Smalling case with Roma.

What I dont agree with is why do we keep renewing their contracts? better to let them go for free that keep paying their wages when theyre clearly not in plans.
Not sure if true, but I once read that coaches have an option either to renew contract or else sell the player and sign a replacement with the proceeds.

In our case the replacement options would normally be inferior.

SAFMUTD

Not sure if true, but I once read that coaches have an option either to renew contract or else sell the player and sign a replacement with the proceeds.

In our case the replacement options would normally be inferior.
I doubt thats true, surely transfers are being considered by higher standards than "sign a replacement with whatever money you make from the selling". I do think that Woodward doesnt like to loose players for free thinking he can sell them later, eventhough its proven year after year we cant.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Dahoud played around 500 minutes last season, he's being replaced by Bellingham.
It's the number of outgoings that intrigues me regarding Dortmund's transfer activity. At left back, if they let go of Schulz, they'll only have Guerreiro and Schmelzer to call upon unless they plan to use Thorgan Hazard there more often (can Mateu Morey also play there?).

In the midfield, whilst they'll have Bellingham coming in, there's also the case of what could happen to Weigl (stay or leave?). At this time, the only midfielders who'll offer them anything defensive are Witsel, Delaney, and Can (if we assume that Dahoud is leaving). Can can also play at the back line and might be playing there more often given that Piszczek will be in his final season. If Meunier keeps himself fit like Hakimi did, they'll be fine at right wing back.

Will Bellingham be playing so often for Dortmund? I can't say for certain though pre-season certainly does indicate that he'll have a place in the first team.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's the number of outgoings that intrigues me regarding Dortmund's transfer activity. At left back, if they let go of Schulz, they'll only have Guerreiro and Schmelzer to call upon unless they plan to use Thorgan Hazard there more often (can Mateu Morey also play there?).

In the midfield, whilst they'll have Bellingham coming in, there's also the case of what could happen to Weigl (stay or leave?). At this time, the only midfielders who'll offer them anything defensive are Witsel, Delaney, and Can (if we assume that Dahoud is leaving). Can can also play at the back line and might be playing there more often given that Piszczek will be in his final season. If Meunier keeps himself fit like Hakimi did, they'll be fine at right wing back.

Will Bellingham be playing so often for Dortmund? I can't say for certain though pre-season certainly does indicate that he'll have a place in the first team.
First of all: Bild's hit lists are best taken with a grain of salt.

Schmelzer in all likelihood won't play a significant role anymore, Morey supposedly can play some LB, Zagadou as well, but I would assume that they bring in a fresh face if Schulz gets sold.

Weigl left for Benfica last winter.

Witsel, Delany, Can are three quality players for 1-2 defensive minded CM spots. By Dortmund's standards that's reasonable. I can't predict how often Bellingham will play, but with Dahoud on the outs and Brandt being a bit sloppy for a CM role I could see him end up as the first choice should Favre want to have a ball carrier in CM or as one of the first substitute options when the team needs some more attacking edge. Knowing him he will probably rely on established options at the beginning and ease in the young players via substitutions, what happens then is up to them.

Given that Reus can't catch a break with his injuries they are about to strengthen their depth with the Reinier loan and I could maybe see them loan another attacker if Favre wants to switch back to a 4231, but they had a good squad last season and they've basically kept it together, so there isn't really any pressing need for adjustments or upgrades.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So I wasn't sure if this would be reliable, but Ed Aarons retweeted this, so here you go:

For a translation and more info:

Giggsyking

Sergio not happy by putting him on the bench in the semifinal, he is open to leaving the club.

pascell

Sergio not happy by putting him on the bench in the semifinal, he is open to leaving the club.
Coming into the back end of his career now Romero, he definitely deserves to be no.1 somewhere. Especially if he's going to make a beeline of being no.1 for Argentina at the next WC.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
First of all: Bild's hit lists are best taken with a grain of salt.
Noted; thanks for the heads up.
Weigl left for Benfica last winter.
My bad; I thought he was sent out on loan with an option to buy.
Witsel, Delany, Can are three quality players for 1-2 defensive minded CM spots. By Dortmund's standards that's reasonable. I can't predict how often Bellingham will play, but with Dahoud on the outs and Brandt being a bit sloppy for a CM role I could see him end up as the first choice should Favre want to have a ball carrier in CM or as one of the first substitute options when the team needs some more attacking edge. Knowing him he will probably rely on established options at the beginning and ease in the young players via substitutions, what happens then is up to them.
Yeah, he does show potential as a more reliable ball-carrying, playmaking CM. It's just that assessing him based on just two pre-season friendles is a bit premature IMO. I'm not sure if Favre will necessarily go with one defensively-adept CM and one more attacking one; for the majority of the season, whilst he did field Brandt there, he didn't look so comfortable there from my observations.

Now I'm not just bringing up Allan to defend the journalists; I personally rate him as a B2B midfielder, and I think that he'd do well at Dortmund in such a role. Gattuso doesn't use him much at Napoli anyways, which is a shame as he's a very good player.
Given that Reus can't catch a break with his injuries they are about to strengthen their depth with the Reinier loan and I could maybe see them loan another attacker if Favre wants to switch back to a 4231, but they had a good squad last season and they've basically kept it together, so there isn't really any pressing need for adjustments or upgrades.
There wouldn't necessarily be need for upgrades, but they do need depth, particularly in the more defensive roles. Allan coming in would make Can into an option for the back 3, and it'd allow Piszczek to be a backup right wing back to Meunier or even start ahead of him if required.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So another player we've lost out to after competing for with decent clubs.
We weren't really in for him in the first place. The furthest we went was in contacting his agents; we never reached out to the club unlike both Napoli and Arsenal. It seems like we were keeping tabs on him in case he became available at a good price, but the Sancho transfer seems to be the #1 priority for us.

Chelsea are facing a similar situation with Havertz; they've put other transfers on hold until they get his sorted.

Dr. StrangeHate

It's a difficult position to maintain that the Glazers have hamstrung the club seeing as they have spent plenty of money. The claim that 850 million is not enough is tough to get one's head around. It's an insane amount of money.

Additionally, the pedigree of LvG and Mourinho makes it hard to claim them as sub-standard managerial appointments. Moyes aside, it's hard to say who will work and who won't.

We need to remember our fortune in having an absolute genius at the helm for 26 years. There was never going to be any continuity. It's like Tito and Yugoslavia. Once the great man left there was only going to be a void that remains almost impossible to fill. Only with one of his acolytes in place are we starting to see what we'd grown accustomed to.
The argument is that we could have spent way more if we were owned by someone not looking for a profit. We have wasted a lot of money but even LVG and JM got some transfers right. Give them even more money with a transfer committee and we would likely have been in a better position by going after the absolute cream rather than taking punts.
Secondly Glazers didn't spend much during the Fergie years that is where we lost the ground. We should have built from a position of strength but we were hamstrung by debt then.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Noted; thanks for the heads up.

My bad; I thought he was sent out on loan with an option to buy.

Yeah, he does show potential as a more reliable ball-carrying, playmaking CM. It's just that assessing him based on just two pre-season friendles is a bit premature IMO. I'm not sure if Favre will necessarily go with one defensively-adept CM and one more attacking one; for the majority of the season, whilst he did field Brandt there, he didn't look so comfortable there from my observations.

Now I'm not just bringing up Allan to defend the journalists; I personally rate him as a B2B midfielder, and I think that he'd do well at Dortmund in such a role. Gattuso doesn't use him much at Napoli anyways, which is a shame as he's a very good player.

There wouldn't necessarily be need for upgrades, but they do need depth, particularly in the more defensive roles. Allan coming in would make Can into an option for the back 3, and it'd allow Piszczek to be a backup right wing back to Meunier or even start ahead of him if required.

Aside from Haaland they have every position covered by two dedicated first team players, even more if you consider that some of them can play more than one position. By Dortmund's standards that's a deep squad.

slored1

Too bad the Alaba rumours are bullshit. He'd be the absolute dream signing, covering two of our weakest positions at once.

UnitedFan93

Chelsea have bundles of cash available due to not spending any cash on transfers over the past year so have expenses available

Chelsea also didn’t spend £50M in January

City have spent £61M this Summer on Ake (40M) and Torres (£21M)

We however in the other hand are looking to spend £108M (Using the asking price here) on ONE PLAYER

That’s not counting the other £70,80,90M it would cost to get a striker, or a DM or CB & arguably that needs £3-400M worth of investment.

NEWS FLASH.

If United aren’t making money how do you expect them to spend it?!?!?

You moan about United being rich, you moan at the Glazers not spening anything, you moan at United just splashing the cash on anyone (LVG era) - They cannot win

So yeah, I can understand why United are negotiating a payment structure or a somewhat cheaper price to what both teams can agree on.

Grow Up! COVID is a real thing, it will affect everything, house prices may get cheaper & whatdya know we’re in a recession!

Everyone us affected even Man Utd.
Given COVID's impact on club finances, I wonder whether the Glazers would be willing to inject back into the club the dividend money/consultancy fees that they have taken out and paid themselves over the last 10 years? (over £100 million!) Let me think...the Glazers investing money into the club? Nah, its not going to happen.

COVID or not, we shouldn't be in such a mess financially but we are thanks to the Glazers. We have been swimming with a bag of bricks on our back since 2005.

Dr. StrangeHate

Exactly - a good point. They aren't ideal but we have still spent loads. Also, although I'm not their biggest fans, why can't they draw money from their business?
That is the whole problem. No one is denying they own United and have the right to do whatever they want. It's just unfortunate we were bought by them as a cash cow and not by someone on a PR mission.

ti vu

Bayern is still in CL, and is currently number one favorite... This is as unbelievable as it gets.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
The argument is that we could have spent way more if we were owned by someone not looking for a profit. We have wasted a lot of money but even LVG and JM got some transfers right. Give them even more money with a transfer committee and we would likely have been in a better position by going after the absolute cream rather than taking punts.
Secondly Glazers didn't spend much during the Fergie years that is where we lost the ground. We should have built from a position of strength but we were hamstrung by debt then.
The profit angle is erroneous. The Glazers don't take a ton of money out of the club ($10-15m USD each year). If one wants to argue that their ownership has impacted spending then the focus should be on the leveraged buyout because the upkeep of the loans and bond issues have involved larger amounts in fees and interest than the dividends they've taken, despite the club's ability to manage these obligations.

Agree that we lost ground at the end of SAFs tenure but I've always felt that he had a part in that, too, as he never seemed comfortable spending more than £25-30 million of a player. Were we really not able to pay £35m for Modric? If he was sticking to the Glazer's orders and obfuscating with 'no value in the market' then perhaps he should have pushed a little harder for one or two players.

Status
Not open for further replies.