Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Don't know and I have to admit I haven't seen more than 5-6 games from RBL in full last season. He's clearly very talented though and looks exactly the type of player we need, although I think we also need a true, pure DM which Keita is not, but looks like Klopp is satisfied with Henderson for that role.
What about Seri, seems a bit odd you are willing to pay way over the odds for this lad. However maybe he is really that good

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Reds 'on alert for Ivan Rakitic'
A new name in the frame.

United have been linked with defensive midfield targets Eric Dier, Nemanja Matic and Fabinho this summer without getting a deal done.

Now Spanish media have thrown the name of Barcelona’s Croatian midfielder Ivan Rakitic into the mix.

Barca are reportedly willing to sell in order to move for PSG’s to sell Marco Verratti.

He is expected to cost around £75m and Don Balon says the Catalan giants will need to sell Rakitic to finance a swoop, leaving United and AC Milan as potential destinations for him.

Would have loved him here a few years ago but he's not what we need for the upcoming season. Unless Herrera gets converted into a DM for sure.

Cassidy

Is it me or does the state of Barca and RM finances equate to living paycheck to paycheck? Seems they always need to raise funds to buy.
Barca for sure, due to their crazy wage structure. Probably the same at Madrid but to a lesser extent.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
He is quality and should bide his time until next season, surely a big club will come in for him.
We already have.

Are there not other CM out there who you could sign with more top league experience? I like Keita but it seems like a big risk, could have just had a purple season.
It could well be that he has had a purple patch, but sometimes you have to take the risk. If he was to have another blinder this season what chance and at what price would there be next summer?

It means prophet btw.
Sure that's not profit

Cassidy

It could well be that he has had a purple patch, but sometimes you have to take the risk. If he was to have another blinder this season what chance and at what price would there be next summer?
£48m is his release clause next summer.
There is risk and there is recklessness. This seems a little but reckless to me. Either way lets see what happens.

Varun

Staff
Probably because he's a 30m player being shopped around at 65m
Leipzig are rich, so are the PL clubs. There's no way Pool or any other club can get him for 30mil in such a scenario, especially the PL clubs. Just see the amount were being quoted for Perisic, Everton for Sigurdsson etc. In a crazy market, you gotta pay the crazy money or see a club like Pool snap him up.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Leipzig are rich, so are the PL clubs. There's no way Pool or any other club can get him for 30mil in such a scenario, especially the PL clubs. Just see the amount were being quoted for Perisic, Everton for Sigurdsson etc. In a crazy market, you gotta pay the crazy money or see a club like Pool snap him up.
Yeah but its not a wise strategy to buy a player just so another club doesn't buy him.

Cassidy

He is too much of a gamble at the price bring offered imo. If he replicates last seasons form in the new season then fair enough. Even then 65m is crazy, but then the release clause is there.

Varun

Staff
Yeah but its not a wise strategy to buy a player just so another club doesn't buy him.
Oh yes, wasn't suggesting a club go in for him just so Pool don't get him. Just that I'm surprise that others clubs aren't in for him. Really good player.

Varun

Staff
He is too much of a gamble at the price bring offered imo. If he replicates last seasons form in the new season then fair enough. Even then 65m is crazy, but then the release clause is there.
Yeah, that's how I see it too. Immense season, yes but it's still just been 1 season only.

Flytan

Man city love signing players don't they. What is actually the point in their state of the art youth academy? Have they brought anyone through their ranks at all?
Wasn't part of their whole "youth revamp" just exaggeration that journalists wrote about in return for favors or something?

Tosicsleftpeg

Reds 'on alert for Ivan Rakitic'
A new name in the frame.

United have been linked with defensive midfield targets Eric Dier, Nemanja Matic and Fabinho this summer without getting a deal done.

Now Spanish media have thrown the name of Barcelona’s Croatian midfielder Ivan Rakitic into the mix.

Barca are reportedly willing to sell in order to move for PSG’s to sell Marco Verratti.

He is expected to cost around £75m and Don Balon says the Catalan giants will need to sell Rakitic to finance a swoop, leaving United and AC Milan as potential destinations for him.

Didn't realise he needed a new contract

EvilEuro

£75m :lol::lol: Don Balon :lol::lol:
I know. As soon as our name gets mentioned the price rockets. I know nothing about Don Balon.
The article isn't stating that Rakatic would cost £75M. It's stating that Verratti would cost £75M and that Barcelona need to sell players (in this case, Rakatic) in order to help fund any move for Verratti.

However, the poor editing and presentation structure of the writing in the article makes it seem like they were saying it was Rakatic who would cost £75M. Reading the actual words yields a different result though.

1974_Fergie_Time

That's insane, he's 23 and not got a chance in hell of playing for Chelsea any time soon.

Why would they give him a new contract to loan him out again?

Madness.

loan fee from Fulham pays his new wage rise he gets and Chelsea get a profit

with the way players fees are going up by time they sell him will make about £10m proft no doubt

they dont have the same stadium income of Arsenal and Man Utd this is their new way to earn extra cash and try and keep up with us been happening for a few years hence why they have 38 players on loan by time summer window ends

Abramovich said they must be self-sufficient now

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
£48m is his release clause next summer.
There is risk and there is recklessness. This seems a little but reckless to me. Either way lets see what happens.
Agreed. However if he does have another blinder then that £48m will be the starting price in a bidding war no doubt. I think if we want him that badly then we need to take that risk now.