Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

432JuanMata

Impressed. Was our best defender in pre season was just a bit worried of him lacking the experience of the PL but he has settled in nicely, his composure and confidence on the ball for such a young lad is amazing and while he was a LB in his youth days he is better as the left footed defender and one positive thing about Jones/Smalling injuries is he keeps his place and when they come back they are not guaranteed

Also Him Januzaj and Pereira in the squad and Wilson will get a few games this season but we have lost our soul and don't produce young players anymore :rolleyes:

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Great to see another good display. He has really taken his chance and making it hard for van Gaal.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Having Rojo as the left back really helped him today. An easy outlet and someone providing cover in the air. Considering the 3-5-2 was more of a 5-3-2 with Young rarely making an impact in the wingback role, he looked a lot more comfortable and more assured in his passing.

Generally speaking he's been a bright spark for us this season. Was a bit too eager to play the long ball vs Burnley but played some well thought and incisive passes from the back today. The most impressive thing I find is he's got the balls to shout and yell orders rather than pull faces and make hand gestures.

We don't produce players though. The Manchester United way was ripped out by Aloysius.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Good match, though he had little to do. As others have said, I like his confidence.

Eric'sCollar

As great as everything is at the moment with Di Maria, Falcao etc Blackett is what puts the biggest smile on my face. It's a real middle finger to the media and just really pleasing to see. He is going to have tough stages this season, no doubting that but he has paced himself in a great position and has worked his way into van Gaal's plans which will be great for his development.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I like him already, he's shown so much willingness to carry the ball out from defence when necessary and not afraid to get stuck in.

Aussie_Red_Devil

Although I was half asleep when watching the game therefore probably missing some things but I didn't notice him pumping constant long balls from the back which is encouraging.

Eric'sCollar

Although I was half asleep when watching the game therefore probably missing some things but I didn't notice him pumping constant long balls from the back which is encouraging.
There was far more space for him to pass through midfield with Blind, Herrera and Di Maria all creating easy angles for the back four.

fallengt

Had a good game overall but he made a few mistakes that could lead to goal, mainly because he didn't communicate well with his teammates but it'll improve over time. He's role model for other youngster; take your chance and don't feck it up, you're playing for Manchester United, boys.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
'Where's the ball ?!' moment was scary as hell indeed but then in the end he got his game under control.

The kid is a promise and a riddle because you clearly see pace and ambition. He just needs to bulk up to Rojo's level and he'll be flying in Van Gaal's football diary in every future game.

MDFC Manager

Clearly LvG thinks he's our most juiciest juice. He just keeps trusting him to play well and he keeps delivering!

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
As great as everything is at the moment with Di Maria, Falcao etc Blackett is what puts the biggest smile on my face. It's a real middle finger to the media and just really pleasing to see. He is going to have tough stages this season, no doubting that but he has paced himself in a great position and has worked his way into van Gaal's plans which will be great for his development.
Agree 100%.

IwatUwat

Rated him a few preseasons ago, and glad to see him in the first team at the moment and getting games. Im not sure he'll last there all season, but its good for him. He's done well too. Few mistakes but thats the issue with young players they will makes them. In the bigger games these could be costly so he needs to cut them out or get protected in games which are influential and tight. But he'll be learning massively, hope he takes his chance.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
His best game for us yesterday. He has the tools to become very good, and any half-decent footballer never had his prospects harmed by being left-footed either I suppose.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
He's not top class but he's okay in the sense that he doesn't put many a foot wrong (bar that minor feck up towards the end) and any defender that can go a game without being mentioned is probably doing his job correctly. I'm hoping Rojo will be brought into centre back and Shaw given a chance on the left as Shaw is a much more exciting prospect than Blackett. He could genuinely become workd class.

dmode

Our defence remains our weakest point... a real test with come with the big guns...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's not top class but he's okay in the sense that he doesn't put many a foot wrong (bar that minor feck up towards the end) and any defender that can go a game without being mentioned is probably doing his job correctly. I'm hoping Rojo will be brought into centre back and Shaw given a chance on the left as Shaw is a much more exciting prospect than Blackett. He could genuinely become workd class.
Blackett is only 20 years old, and he is new at this position ( i think), he could be a very good player if he continues to improve.

Loublaze

ATLien

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He looked comfortable in the side thus far, wonder will van Gaal keep him in the side for sterner tests?

carlosp

I don't even know if that was a mistake, it seemed like a little miscommunication with Rojo. It appears that Blackett was pointing towards De Gea and Rojo's pass caught him wrong footed. Anyway, I liked what I saw between those two save for that one moment
To be honest, I hadn't seen it as my stream was having an epileptic seizure. Just read about it and thought some might jump on the mistake to say he played bad.

432JuanMata

Look at the 1st page of this thread which was only back in July will show you how much he has growing as he seems to get better every match. The main thing that impresses me is if he can't see a pass he will come out of defense with the ball which shows great composure and confidence for such a young age.

The reason he hasn't got much attention before this season is he was a LB when it is obvious he is much better suited for CB. When Smalling comes back and Shaw is in the team it will be interesting to see if he can keep his place. So far this season he has impressed me more than Evans and Smalling. Jones has been our best defender this season but can't stay fit. would like to see him alongside Rojo at CB with Shaw and Rafa LB/RB.

Also funny to listen to the media saying we don't produce players and we lost our soul when he started, Fletch, Januzaj and Pereira was on the bench and Wilson will get a few sub apps.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

Loublaze

ATLien
Yeah, I'd expect as much. He's still extremely young for a centre-back, promising start to the season though.
Indeed. He's been our best CB so far this season for me, especially if you also factor in preseason.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Blackett is fine for what he is, a young squad player. Couple nervy moments yesterday where things could have gone to shit. Doubt we'll be seeing much of him once Smalling, Jones, and Shaw are fit.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
In that case Blackett can relax as I refuse to believe we'll have Jones, Evans and Smalling all fit at the same time for more than 3 games this season!
There's Rojo to take into consideration too.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
There's Rojo to take into consideration too.
Yeah, but seriously I don't want to predict how often even if they are not injured from the beginning we'll see them limping and leaving the field after 30 minutes. I am just glad we do have enough CBs now because they will all be needed!

Loublaze

ATLien
In that case Blackett can relax as I refuse to believe we'll have Jones, Evans and Smalling all fit at the same time for more than 3 games this season!
You're right. The unholy trinity of unreliability. Blackett will be a key player here.

Status
Not open for further replies.