Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

This back 3 is pretty decent looking. They all look solid. Slight misjudgment from Rojo but Lindelof startingnto look like the player from Benfica and that’s 3 good performances on the bounce for us.

ManUtd1999

Cue criticism - because he is playing quite well - but there is an inescapable reality in that he is very poor 1 vs 1.

Richarlison beat him comfortably at the back end of that half and it's been the case on many occasions this season already. It's an area that our other options really excel at and he pales by comparison.
Give him some time. He’s improving.

Nick7

Cue criticism - because he is playing quite well - but there is an inescapable reality in that he is very poor 1 vs 1.

Richarlison beat him comfortably at the back end of that half and it's been the case on many occasions this season already. It's an area that our other options really excel at and he pales by comparison.
If there's any part of defending to be sub par at, that's a good one. That skill can be taught.

N2402

he's been good the past week but still looks weak when someone runs at him, i'll wait till hes come up against sanchez and sane,

Bojan11

Jesus christ.

Richarlison will fancy his chances against any centre back outside the box.

Fredrik.A

Every defender gets beaten 1 on 1 once in a while. He's had almost a perfect half in my eyes.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Some people never learn. Next player we bring in who has a tough game or 5 will be written off in the same way.
I always say this but I need to remember to take my own advice sometimes too. Jesse and young looking good too after getting consecutive matches and having trust placed in them. Suprise suprise. It's hard to just step into a team that's having wobbly form and play your best game

Kag

Jesus christ.

Richarlison will fancy his chances against any centre back outside the box.
He wouldn't turn our other centre halves so easily from a standing start. They're all very athletic and rarely lose out 1 vs 1.

There was a goal during pre season which initially highlighted this as a problem. Then the Mooy goal at Huddersfield. Then tonight (even during a pretty good game) he is easily turned inside out when on the back foot. It's happened in other games not leading to goals, too.

It's a significant weakness in his game and it will likely be highlighted again in the near future. He's played pretty well but the wider concerns with some of his defending still exist, to be honest.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
The thing with Lindelof is that he is really suited to play in a back-three. He is great on the ball, really aggressiv and is very suited to have the kind of area he gets when hes allowed to almost play as a defensive midfielder/right back.

Against top-teams in a back-four, he gets restricted, needs to be less aggressiv, doesnt have the ball as much, and obviously not as suited.
It’s amazing what a little bit of confidence can do. Victor is a pro active defender. Take away his confidence and all his good attributes will disappear. His best mode is positive aggression when he take a step against the opponents.

Let’s hope he will continue like this another 45 minuets. He needs to build credit around himself so he can do some mistakes without getting slaughtered.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Been class so far. Happy for him. Hopefully we keep the clean sheet as that would do wonders for his confidence I think, though he's been steadily improving anyway.

Traub

I think an eventual back three of Lindelof, Rojo and Bailly is inevitable.

marktan

Looks like he suits a back 3 well, not surprising since he's looked more like a hybrid mdifielder to me. Still not sure about him in a back two as I feel he'll have more defensive mistakes in him.

Bojan11

He wouldn't turn our other centre halves so easily from a standing start. They're all very athletic and rarely lose out 1 vs 1.

There was a goal during pre season which initially highlighted this as a problem. Then the Mooy goal at Huddersfield. Then tonight (even during a pretty good game) he is easily turned inside out when on the back foot. It's happened in other games not leading to goals, too.

It's a significant weakness in his game and it will likely be highlighted again in the near future. He's played pretty well but the wider concerns with some of his defending still exist, to be honest.
Rojo just got turned and in the box too.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Improving game after game. Finally looks so much more confident in everything he does.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Good lad. When we learn to give these players time to settle eh?

Halftrack

From dreadful player needs to be sold to top class defender in what, 3 weeks? Surely a record?
Yeah, it's both depressing and hilarious.

Wonder where the "he's obviously got nothing about him to suggest that he's good enough, what were the scouts/manager thinking"-brigade are, and if they'll return?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Great performance tonight, he's growing in confidence by the minute.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Huge improvement, looking like a player now, still got done one v one but if he keeps improving he may start looking like a £37m defender.....

Kostur

海尔的老板
Still plenty of people around who'll hop the chance to remind us all that 'he should be sold' and that they 'knew it since day one'. Very solid game again, couple of unnecessary fouls in the second half but I thought that our lack of pressing in the second half played a great part in that.

Man-United

Easily 8/10 game from him.

I have him as 6.3 in his total average, maybe because I just gave him a 4 vs Huddersfield. Those 1 and 2 are pointless imo.

manunajted

Gtfo.:lol: You lack basic knowledge of football.

Like another poster stated, defenders doesn't win every 1 on 1. If you think otherwise, go watch Rojo again and embrace your stupidity.

TsuWave

didn't think he played well. got turned too easily at times and seemed slow reaction wise, far from his worst performance though

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Two games on the spin where he hasn’t been a liability. Easily his best game for us, well done to him.

el3mel

Excellent again. He's getting his form and looks more confident, challenging every ball and his heading has improved.

Keep on.

manunajted

didn't think he played well. got turned too easily at times and seemed slow reaction wise, far from his worst performance though
And this people, is what the average, clueless and drunken supporter sounds like. No clue at all what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.