Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TSE123

Is his quarantine finished today? If he is well and no more quarantine is need, then he MUST be starting along side varane. No sane person would let maguire start next game!

MagooDad

Is his quarantine finished today? If he is well and no more quarantine is need, then he MUST be starting along side varane. No sane person would let maguire start next game!
If he hasn't had a single training session, I'm not sure if he would be a better choice than Maguire or Bailly,

jesperjaap

The fact Maguire has been so abysmal doesnt suddenly make Lindelof a great centre back. I do think he has improved this season but his ratign on here is about right even this season. Barely excels above extremely average and he does have weaknesses in his game. People sayig he is our best defender is strange to me. I actually rate Bailly higher but the injuries and still rash errors too often has gone on long enough for me.

I would keep Lindelof as I do think consistent mediocrocy is not a bad option on the bench, but I do think we need a reinforcement as better competition at the back this summer

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We have 3 CBs who in my opinion are no more than squad picks, Bailly, Maguire and Lindelof.
We could be doing with a new CB (again!)

Man Utd 1:0 Aston Villa

TSE123

Good game. One or two mistakes but apart from that solid. Theres hope when you have two CBs who can play football. Nice when they passed each other 5-6 times and ket calm on ball

BainthaBrakk

Saved one goal in the first. Almost gave away one as well. A bit rusty when passing. Pretty good second half though. His leg will hurt tomorrow.

golden_blunder

Staff
What? Victor must be the CB with fewest mistake per minute by faaaar this season
Come on, a long standing weakness (a ball in the air) that he failed to control then just was easily turned. It’s schoolboy stuff

our defence depresses the feck outta me. Maguire and Lindelof need to be replaced.

L1nk

The guy has just come back from COVID and a potential heart/chest scare on the pitch, and even though he’s probably been one of our better players this season, people want to quickly point out how awful he is. This forum is truly unbelievable at times

golden_blunder

Staff
The guy has just come back from COVID and a potential heart/chest scare on the pitch, and even though he’s probably been one of our better players this season, people want to quickly point out how awful he is. This forum is truly unbelievable at times
If Watkins has scored that chance, which he should have done, this thread would rightly be hopping. Maguire didn’t get any leeway so why should Lindelof?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If he's somehow still affected by covid then he should never play today.

I thought his passing and touch (even beyond that touch) were really uncharacteristically bad tonight.

Defending was good, not great. Important touch on Villa's corner in the first half, few nice interceptions. Really dominated aerially again. On the bad side he got way too easily tricked by Watkins on that 'terrible touch' chance.

One of his poorer games this season for me.

Still think Varane/Lindelof is comfortably our most promising partnership.

Jonesno.8

If he's somehow still affected by covid then he should never play today.
Completely this, looked unfit mentally as well as physically. Varane worries me mind, he looks like he can't run properly, wonder did Real know he was crocked and we stupidly jumped on him based k his name.

Has been good this season in fairness, crap tonight though. Lashed a ball into row Z when he had absolutely acres of space and zero composure, horrendous touch and turned for what should really have been the equaliser. One of his worst this season.

United in sin

He was selected because he was deemed fit. Jones could've played. You can't put his mistakes on Covid, it's not like he's never shown these weaknesses before

A-man

Didn’t look fully up to speed, hopefully he’s back on normal level already this weekend.
He was selected because he was deemed fit. Jones could've played. You can't put his mistakes on Covid, it's not like he's never shown these weaknesses before
Jones injured and Ragnick had to play Lindelof.

Foxbatt

He had a decent game. I guess he would not have played if we had any CBs available. Both good and bad.

united for life

he’s declared match fit right? I’m all in for players’ health especially when it’s a heart matter, but since he is declared fit I expect him to perform with no excuses. He is often shaky, he is a hard worker, but shaky and often gets pushed around. He had a bad game yesterday. Actually everyone had a bad game. I can also say everyone is having bad games all the time. What have we become? :confused:

Foxbatt

Decent game? Looked like old Vic back to his usual weaknesses against fast physical strikers. Was poor in my opinion.
Decent game to me, coming back from covid and heart problems. I am sure he would have been on the bench if we had any CBs available.
Declaring someone fit or having to play a high intensity game just coming back from those sort of medical issues are a different thing.
We blame Ole for bringing back Maguire when players were available and rightly so. But in this case there was no one available.
The Watkins one was a disaster, yes.

norm87cro

The Caf has, for some reason, decided to adopt this guy because if the Watkins situation happened to Maguire knifes would be coming out. Like I said a few times earlier there is no pin pointing in what he actually is good at. He is not our strongest CB (Maguire), he is not a very good tackler (AWB) and he is obviously not that good with the ball (Varane). And if he is our best CB we should be scoring 2 or 3 goals per game because Villa were very unlucky yesterday

Augustus Gloop

Pot kettle. You’re happy to slag off McTominay in his thread after he was objectively far better than Lindleof last night.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He had a shaky game but lets not pretend his performances this season haven't been miles better than captain slabhead. Maguire might come in for the league game though judging by Ralfs comments.

Halftrack

The Caf has, for some reason, decided to adopt this guy because if the Watkins situation happened to Maguire knifes would be coming out. Like I said a few times earlier there is no pin pointing in what he actually is good at. He is not our strongest CB (Maguire), he is not a very good tackler (AWB) and he is obviously not that good with the ball (Varane). And if he is our best CB we should be scoring 2 or 3 goals per game because Villa were very unlucky yesterday
Because Maguire's been shite this season. Weird how playing well means you're given a bit of leeway.

Sucks for you that you can't see what he's good at, I guess, but don't act like it's some general malaise.

norm87cro

Because Maguire's been shite this season. Weird how playing well means you're given a bit of leeway.

Sucks for you that you can't see what he's good at, I guess, but don't act like it's some general malaise.
Well I guess I think he is just not suited for english football in general. Pity his fan boys can't see that either

TSE123

After every game. :lol:
haha! Not every game. Possible three times this season. :lol: BUT I won't deny I like him. AND I won't deny that my comments are sometimes a counter on all the haters who after every game (no matter how well he plays) head straight to this thread and criticizes him (won't mention any names!). I do the same but opposite. It sort of balances up all the ridiculous one sidedness.:lol: There are some other player threads that are the same (Matic, Dalot and Maguire but the other way around). Everything becomes black and white, very polarized, when actually the truth is much more grey.

A fair assessment of Lindelof yesterday is that he mostly did his job, him and Varane could keep the ball between the two of them and allow the team to get in position (nice change!) but he was definitely not as good as he has been previously this season, fort parts of the game (mainly second half where he stood his ground, started finding some long passes etc) he looked more confident and resolute. But it was frustrating that he made the mistake he made (he has not made many this season, but a few), when he otherwise would have passed the first game back without any remarks.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Absolutely awful on the ball last night.

Punted it out of the touchline for no reason, fannied around on the ball under pressure then passed it straight to their midfield.

For the so called 'ice man' and being a ball playing defender, he sure does wilt under pressure.

Covid though...

Drizzle

Absolutely awful on the ball last night.

Punted it out of the touchline for no reason, fannied around on the ball under pressure then passed it straight to their midfield.

For the so called 'ice man' and being a ball playing defender, he sure does wilt under pressure.

Covid though...
He's been fine this season. Last night he definitely looked rusty and uncharacteristically flustered. It's unfair to paint that as a typical performance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.