Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tman

Good game today! It's the first time I have seen him play aggressively on the front foot. He should build on that trajectory.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Are you sure everyone is coming around :lol:.

Aside from jokes, he was really good today, and if he can replicate such a good performance then he will either feature more or give Varane a good run for his money.
Varane is so much better than him it’s not even funny.

Robbie Boy

I've always liked Vik. He's not world class, but it was always obvious he would be a better player under a more progressive manager. I would have him over Maguire every time.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Brilliant again. A player that seems to carry stigma from his first season forever. He’s a very good player and far better than Harold.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Classy post that.
It’s a joke ffs. Grow a funny bone people.

back to topic, I’ve said he was good today. Does not change my opinion that I don’t think he’s good enough if we want to progress. He’s had 6 years to show us what he can do and it’s been 6 years of mistakes and averageness on the whole, interspersed by occasional good games. It’s not enough. He has holes in his game and at his age he’s not going to change much.

see you all when he returns to normal form.

AndyMUFC

Great game today, he's mostly come in and does a good job when he's not alongside Maguire.

arthurka

back to topic, I’ve said he was good today. Does not change my opinion that I don’t think he’s good enough if we want to progress. He’s had 6 years to show us what he can do and it’s been 6 years of mistakes and averageness on the whole, interspersed by occasional good games. It’s not enough. He has holes in his game and at his age he’s not going to change much.

Every word you wrote there is the truth. He isn't even our 3rd best CB that is our current left back. Good game but I have seen more than enough to convince me he ain't it.

A-man

Another good game. 9 wins in his last 10 matches, nothing to complain about there.

OmarUnited4ever

Varane is so much better than him it’s not even funny.
Of course Varane is so much better..

But we all know that Varane has fitness issues, so the chance for Lindelof (even if it's small) is to perform as well as he did today consistently and he might stake a claim to a spot in the team.

The challenge for Lindelof is to be consistently as good or better which we know might not be the case

owlo

He signed at 22 for trash managers who’ve taught him nothing. You can see the improvement in pretty much every player under ETH, so only fair to give him a shot too. I think he’s been fine this season and as long as we keep winning with him on the pitch, hell likely remain a good squad option.

Andersonson

So it wasnt a joke?

Class post...

ti vu

Unrecognizable change of defending style. If he can continue to play like this, he would be an useful first choice rotational option.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Good performance again. I think Maguire made him take a lot of stick because the pair together is not a good combination. It has to be martinez or Varane with him. Martinez is the warrior of the defence so it’s good to have someone calm next to him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good to see him as back up option instead of first choice CB. He has done decent job in the limited chances he got this season.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Playing with Martinez seems to have rubbed off on him. He's seemingly realised he is actually allowed to engage with the opposition and win the ball.

IMakeThingsUp

Still amazed to see posters can’t recognise a joke, I mean absolute garbage
What's the joke? What's funny about it?

It's just immature and you have made so many many posts whining he isn't good enough. We get it. You don't have to state it every time, you're beating a dead horse.

stoinz

he was shakey in the begining but improved as the game went on. I was shocked to see him actually making tackles. What is ETH cooking.

December_16

A bit off topic, I’m compiling a list of the most vocal ‘haters’ for select players I’ve seen on here. Feel honoured if you end up on my list.

GifLord - AWB
GB - Lindelof
Adnan - DDG
Threesus (feck him) - Rashford

Anyone else I missed?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's better than Maguire and a good backup option. The issue is he will have more clubs interested in him than Maguire in the summer.

Strelok

A bit off topic, I’m compiling a list of the most vocal ‘haters’ for select players I’ve seen on here. Feel honoured if you end up on my list.

GifLord - AWB
GB - Lindelof
Adnan - DDG

Anyone else I missed?
Jeppers7 - Bruno

Anyway Lindelof was pretty solid yesterday. Defending against the Leicester trio and Maddison was never easy. Not a big fan of his but credit where credit is due.

Lyng

As a backup he is very good. In the second half against Leicester he was excellent.
He is absolutely good enough to be a bench option for us. Not as a regular starter but an option of the bench or when one of our main defenders needs a rest.

golden_blunder

Staff
What's the joke? What's funny about it?

It's just immature and you have made so many many posts whining he isn't good enough. We get it. You don't have to state it every time, you're beating a dead horse.
Jog on. If you want to accept averageness so be it. You’re (posting populace) all up in arms with Fred or McTominay etc but nothing about someone that does as much if not more errors over the course of a season, I don’t get it

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Staff
He's better than Maguire and a good backup option. The issue is he will have more clubs interested in him than Maguire in the summer.
I’d sell both. We could easily get a young player on the same level who has more attributes and young enough to develop

NoPace

GifLord - AWB
GB - Lindelof
Adnan - DDG

Anyone else I missed?
I'm probably not quite McTominay's #1 because there are people who think he's a Champo player, while I think he reeks of 14th place, Prem safety with 3 weeks to go status.

NoPace

I've always liked Vik. He's not world class, but it was always obvious he would be a better player under a more progressive manager. I would have him over Maguire every time.
Agreed, except if crosses are being pumped in and we're holding on, give me Maguire, who really is fantastic in the air.

Lindelof was always going to play better under a more possession oriented and tactically better manager. There are good continental footballers who failed here in the horrible decade between Fergie and Ten Hag that would have done better for Ten Hag, like Darmian, Pogba, Memphis and probably a couple others I'm forgetting.

Kag

He was aggressive yesterday and was better for it.

Comfortably third choice until the end of the season.

Mcking

Very comfortable with him in the team now especially with Martinez. Has a bit of Thiago Silva's class about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.