Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiriticon

Him challenging Wilson in the air as the only CB was ever only going to end in disaster.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Crap header in their box, crap header in our box.

To be fair I can't imagine any world where bringing Victor Lindelof on to be your only CB will work out. Pretty impossible job.

MagooDad

He has to have a minimum played games in his contract. Otherwise this sub makes zero sense.

And even then, it would be better to substitute him when we are clearly winning or losing, not at 1-0.

RedDevilQuebecois

If he had to come on, it would not have been at the expense of either Varane or Martinez.

Lindelof is just not fit to play CB in this league. Shove him at RB or CDM for all I care, but playing as a CB is a no-no.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Him challenging Wilson in the air as the only CB was ever only going to end in disaster.
Rashford was the one who should have cut that header out. He's right on Wilson as Tripz steps up to take the freekick but takes two steps forward and completely loses his man and then mistimes the header.

Still, I'm not sure what Victor was doing except perhaps trying to cover the runner into the box.

norm87cro

Rashford was the one who should have cut that header out. He's right on Wilson as Tripz steps up to take the freekick but takes two steps forward and completely loses his man and then mistimes the header.

Still, I'm not sure what Victor was doing except perhaps trying to cover the runner into the box.

Yeah well Rashford ran for about 80 minutes and he isnt a cb meanwhile Lindelof came in fresh. Ive been saying it for years now the guy isnt suited for english football let alone Man United. He was very lucky with the Maguire hate hype for a while but now that Maguire is clearly on the ETH get rid list he is getting exposed. 40 mil as well. Benfica really did brilliant business

Mmm-Qatarian

I'm not being funny but looking at where Wilson heads that ball, De Gea is actually the one who should be dealing with that. It's frankly ridiculous how little command he has over his six yard box.

spiriticon

True, but I do expect Rashford to screw up defensive headers, whereas marking the centre forward should be Lindelof's bread and butter. Although I don't fully blame Lindelof either, since having only 1 CB on the pitch was a tactical disaster.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Really impressed with him today. Considering he hasn't played for a while I thought he was pretty faultless. Fair play.

Lyng

He is a great backup to have. We should move Maguire on but no need to sell Linde.

BerryBerryShrew

Bruno and Eriksen were brilliant but delivering a top class performance next to the Maguire time bomb led me to vote Victor as MOTM.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good performance, looked solid throughout the game.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Forest were all huff and puff, in all honesty they didn’t have much to challenge him on but thought there was one challenge were he did really well to get his head to it (it was offside anyway)

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's looked really composed this year. Less flustered when the opposition are on the offense.

Rustyspider13

Did well today. He is a good third choice CB. At one point he did a little shift from right to left under pressure to keep the ball which showed a lot of composure. Made some good forward passes too.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Played well, I think he’s a good back up defender and we should keep a hold of him

Status
Not open for further replies.