5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixion

He's only decent games so far have been against Brugge's second string, a Championship side and a half decent game against the bottom side in the Premier League. He's supposed to be our talisman and star player, he needs to perform in games like this and PSV and Arsenal at the weekend.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Well maybe not, but I've seen players doing fck all if things don't go their way. Atleast he tries.. Not discrediting his great performance ofcourse...
My friend, I tell you what.
Pay me £1000 p/w.
I'll play as striker and I will try as if my life depended on it. I'll run like a crazed man on crack.
I wont score or create, but boy will I provide you with laughs. I'll even do a copy of what Jones did when he headed the ball along the ground, last season. ;)

This is top level CL football and "trying" is not what a £300k/week footballer is paid/selected for.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Like the family's favorite dog who has gone blind in one eye and starting to become senile, its time to put him down.

JackXX

I don't know what's wrong with him. He doesn't look like he can even run properly. I just hope he gets some kind of form back because his contribution tonight was basically nothing.

Maxii

Paad
As bad as he was tonight - and he was bloody awful - you don't drop your captain when the team's on a good winning run. It's too much of a risk to team spirit.
Personally if I was in a team and some guy who was really really shit (captain or not) kept getting his game I would be delighted when he was dropped for someone better who isn't a liability. If everyone here think's he's passed it and should be dropped, why wouldn't you think the rest of the players would want the same?

Enigma_87

You know who
Van Gaal has to know, a manager of his credentials.

Surely he can see how utterly shit Rooney is these days?
Unfortunatelly he dig himself in that hole. What options do we have. Our attack consists of 19 years old Martial, Rooney and Wilson, who is far from being a regular choice.

Djemba-Djemba

Owen saying if he takes penalty and scores then nobody talks about performance.

He's not on penalties because he has missed the last few.
He did that for a couple of years though. He'd be poor to average but nick us a goal and it was ignored.

Now the goals have dried up we're left with just his all round performance to look at. And it isn't pretty.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Unfortunatelly he dig himself in that hole. What options do we have. Our attack consists of 19 years old Martial, Rooney and Wilson, who is far from being a regular choice.
Ander Herrera. Marouane Fellaini. Andreas Pereira. Anyone. Me. You?

When was the last time he put in an 8/10 performance? serious question.
Brugge away tbf. Every dog has their day. Even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day etc.

Ibi Dreams

I think we have to accept that he's never going to be as good as we want/need him to be anymore. Yeah, he might come into some form and score some goals, but over the course of a season he's not going to be worth the money or the position in the team if we want to be the best in the league. We can do better than Rooney now. That miss in the first half was really bad, Hernandez basically got sold for doing that and we all remember the look on Van Gaal's face when he did it

saivet

I mean, he put in a hard working shift..

Don't think he was that bad but really need to see more from Rooney

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
At some point I can see why LvG is stubborn in chasing Thomas Muller. I love Rooney but he needs badly someone who could replace him in two matches per week system. That doesn't mean he should be dropped permanently but today even some of his long passing was... well, no further comment.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He has to improve, LVG will sell him off if not.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Why would any reasonable club want him now? Seriously can we leave our bubble and understand that no other top clubs rate Rooney?

I assume these prospective clubs in this scenario of a transfer are those that just buy players without even scouting them because that's what it will take. A club stupidly believing they're signing 08-10 Rooney.
If we can afford to take a risk of paying almost 60 mil for an unproven gem, surely we can take the financial hit of maybe stumping up sum of his wages..as Spurs were forced to with Adebayor..

I think a return to Everton would be best, and I would mind Stones coming the other way.

buckooo1978

he is a liability, pure and simple

time to plan for his replacement - if we had a decent attacking right sided player and moved Mata inside we'd be a much improved side

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It's quite amazing how much better Martial looks so far
Remember last year, when people were criticising our system and not our non-scoring strikers?
Martial (who has speed and has an eye for goal), comes in and immediately threatens whenever he gets the ball.
Even Memphis gets himself in goal-scoring positions (he just needs to improve his finishing).
Falcao/Rooney - these guys were barely able to even get into goal scoring positions.
Our system relies on strikers who want to score and who have speed...but then doesn't this apply to all teams?

buckooo1978

If we can afford to take a risk of paying almost 60 mil for an unproven gem, surely we can take the financial hit of maybe stumping up sum of his wages..as Spurs were forced to with Adebayor..

I think a return to Everton would be best, and I would mind Stones coming the other way.
he's on 300k a week....how on earth could Everton even pay half that?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I don't see him go for hollywood-crossfield passes anymore. He had one successful one today but it's such a rare sighting now.

To me that's a sign that he's aware of how bad he's playing. There's no confidence in his play anymore.

Hed Zitin

The media agenda with him is unbelievable. They just can't accept what we all knew was going to happen and that his body and playing so early on has caught up to him earlier than most players. Any excuse.

Giving him the arm band was such a massive mistake.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Ander Herrera. Marouane Fellaini. Andreas Pereira. Anyone. Me. You?

Brugge away tbf. Every dog has their day. Even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day etc.
I am not much of a 10, But for United Ill step up..
he's on 300k a week....how on earth could Everton even pay half that?
New premier league deal maybe..from what I read from the Grand old team Everton forum, its not necessarily true that Everton have no money..Kenwright is just a cheap bugger.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
If city come in for him next summer, who here would consider it?
They may be stupid, but I doubt they are that stupid. Let's face it Rooney is past his best. It happens to all players at some stage and he was a top player earlier than most, so it is understandable if he is finished earlier than most. His time has gone, and most are aware of it, I am sure that Van Gaal is also realising the reality slowly. Rooney is no longer a top class player, he does show patches of his old class but not enough.

nemanja15

A poor second half with some very careless touches. But I still maintain, especially now watching the ITV highlights, that a lot of our best first half play went through him.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Think it's not so easy to drop him. I know it sounds crazy but I maintain there is something in his contract and/or some marketing reason why he keeps getting played. It's the club's fault plain and simple and they're reaping what they sowed.
Have to say I think he's an ok guy and seems to look out for his teammates, but unfortunately this is not enough to justify him starting.

Wonder how long before some of his teammates start resenting the fact that he starts no matter what and they get dropped for the smallest of mistakes? Surely that cannot be good in the long run?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
he is a liability, pure and simple

time to plan for his replacement - if we had a decent attacking right sided player and moved Mata inside we'd be a much improved side
So far Herrera & Pereira can offer great movement plus we're still waiting for Lingard to start but if we could actually get Muller this summer window, everything would probably be already fully sorted out.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The media agenda with him is unbelievable. They just can't accept what we all knew was going to happen and that his body and playing so early on has caught up to him earlier than most players. Any excuse.

Giving him the arm band was such a massive mistake.
This. is it any wonder why we do so badly on the international scene? It's all about hype with the media. Surely there's nothing wrong with giving an honest assessment of a player's performance regardless of whether or not you like them? Not criticising him makes him think he's doing fine. I don't know.

Born2Lose

Thought he was very poor, it's games like these where you need experienced players to slow the game down, that it becomes evident just how stupid it is that Rooney is our captain.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Think it's not so easy to drop him. I know it sounds crazy but I maintain there is something in his contract and/or some marketing reason why he keeps getting played. It's the club's fault plain and simple and they're reaping what they sowed.
Have to say I think he's an ok guy and seems to look out for his teammates, but unfortunately this is not enough to justify him starting.

Wonder how long before some of his teammates start resenting the fact that he starts no matter what and they get dropped for the smallest of mistakes? Surely that cannot be good in the long run?
I don't think it's necessarily some clause in his contract or anything, but more the fact that we're probably wary to drop him considering he's our captain and presumably our highest earner. It'd seem a bit ridiculous if our captain was sitting on the bench, especially when he's still technically at an age when plenty of players are in their prime, and there's probably be a lot of drama if he was stripped of it. I'm also guessing that our management team still hold hopes that he's going to find his previous level again.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I'm trying so hard to defend him in my mind, but it's getting harder and harder each week. Plus the fact I know I'm doing it now, which undermines any attempt to be objective.

My last refuge is that his lowest level has always been one of the lowest of his class level brethren

Manny

Grammar Police
Fecking terrible again.

Is everyone finally onboard with him not being good enough at number 10 now? Seem pretty unanimous.

Status
Not open for further replies.