Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Scary times and all but I doubt Pogba needs to be wearing a bullet proof vest in the stadium.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
You mean when he turned koscielny inside out and narrowly missed smashing it into the top corner from outside the area? Or do you mean all of his very good passing play? Or do you mean his goal?

No problem with having a go when hes rubbish, but tonight suggested it has been form, rather than "his legs have gone". He played well.

Of course this is a friendly in weird circumstances, but he looked sharp to me.
It's from another game, you numpty. :lol:

Didn't watch the England match.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
the worst part of Fellaini coming on, is moving Rooney back deep.

I thought we'd got over those shocking deep performances, lashing aimless balls to the right wing.

kidbob

One of our best players first half, went to shit with the rest in the second. I know we all hate his diagonal balls but 3 times in the second half when he was playing deeper it was literally the only option he had except to pass it back.

Still he needs to do much better but we've no one else to bring in in his place.

The White Pele

Had a decent first half in the 10 role. Had to be swapped with Fellaini In the second half because Fellaini was stinkingly bad in midfield

Mutter Merkel

fate tied with LVG
One of the worst displays by a no.10 I have ever seen. He left a chasm between our attack and our midfield, and when he dropped deeper in the second half he did nothing but give the ball away. He's so far past it, he's coming back round again.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was one of the few who were decent out there today. The only one in midfield or attack who was good in any way. Was very good in the first half, still tried in the second but was only decent. Still far better then the others.

Those criticizing him after today are talking out of their ass.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
One of the worst displays by a no.10 I have ever seen. He left a chasm between our attack and our midfield, and when he dropped deeper in the second half he did nothing but give the ball away. He's so far past it, he's coming back round again.
When he dropped deep, Fellaini's mop was pushed up to play #10 to get on the end of crosses. The game plan was for Rooney to play a diagonal ball and the winger to cross into Fellaini. Obliviously did not work. Rooney had a decent game.

Minimalist

Worked hard and played the odd good pass in the first half but he's fecking useless and his main attribute is running around like a headless chicken. Thankfully for himself, tonight he was one of our best players given how shite the majority of the team was.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He was decent in the first half, and had some good moments. Notably when he pulled off that very good diagonal pass that Martial should've capitalised on.

He was very poor in the 2nd half, though. Our entire team was poor, yeah, but that still shouldn't excuse him. If Rooney's supposedly improving and returning to form, then you'd have hoped that this was the sort of game where he could be a driving force for us, and win us the game. It's certainly something he'd have been capable of doing when he was at his best, and our key player.

Essentially, I think he will hopefully improve slightly upon his woeful form, but I struggle to see him ever becoming our key player again. Which is concerning, because it's what he's expected to be.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Okay-ish in the first half, created a huge chance when Martial let the ball run to Lingered who messed up the touch.

In the second half he was horrific.

He's en route to one of the worst seasons from a Manchester United captain since pre-Fergie.

kidbob

That's clearly a tactic by the manager. He's always said he wants his 10 to be a second striker. Herrera tends to stand very high up when he plays there too. For god sake Rooney is usually guilty of looking for the ball too much. Second half he had no options available to him except long balls forward or pass it back.

I agree he's past it but this shitty system is killing our attackers too. Hasn't taken long for Martial to catch the bug has it?

Mutter Merkel

fate tied with LVG
When he dropped deep, Fellaini's mop was pushed up to play #10 to get on the end of crosses. The game plan was for Rooney to play a diagonal ball and the winger to cross into Fellaini. Obliviously did not work. Rooney had a decent game.
If you think that's a decent game, you've let your standards fall to the floor. We really are at absolute rock bottom right now quality wise. Look at Rooney's positioning all game. Playing in what should be the no.9's space and not linking the play up. His legs have gone. He had a decent 15 minutes, and then he went back to being poor and eventually diabolical.

drdoityourself

If that first half constitutes a good performance by him, as I've seen written by quite a few this evening, then your standards have gotten really low. He has no sense of imagination to play that position, every motion is learnt and nothing is spontaneous. When he has several passing options he'll always go to the right, never for a through ball.
He was nowhere to be seen in the second half as a number ten, the gap between our midfield and our attack was enormous. When he went into midfield he had no interest in tracking runs, careless you would say, and predictably he'd go for the hail Mary 50 yd passes to the right wing. Even if that pass is successful your odds are against you with the defenders closing down. He just isn't good enough anymore, not the worst player on the field but never the best.

AttackingFlair

Don't know why managers use him in central midfield, was like playing with one midfielder after he switched with Fellaini. Had a good first half though.

m1y2

rooneys been voted by 7percent people as the MOTM people go really mental, hes the biggest reason we switched off in the second half, he is absolutely disgraceful captain material, what more can I say, we wont win anything while hes starting for us, mark my words..

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
the buck stops with the manager. He's the one that sold any competition and didnt really replace them (you cant really say Martial is, as they both play, in different positions too).

Rooney's struggling, but any sensible manager would have taken him out of the firing line by now, and try to fix our forward line.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If you think that's a decent game, you've let your standards fall to the floor. We really are at absolute rock bottom right now quality wise. Look at Rooney's positioning all game. Playing in what should be the no.9's space and not linking the play up. His legs have gone. He had a decent 15 minutes, and then he went back to being poor and eventually diabolical.
When your DMs deliver a performance like Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger delivered today, you can't fault a #10. Even Kaka in his prime would struggle.

JackXX

He's not good enough anymore to play where he's playing. The fact we even consider swapping him and Fellaini says it all. Name another club that swaps their star striker for Fellaini when they need a goal. It's a fecking joke.

itso 7

I was genuinely excited by what he was doing in the first half but he lost the plot with the rest in the second. The problem is he doesn't have the cutting edge anymore so his good performances are no longer altering the course of matches like they used to. However he can't be blamed for the result given how wasteful Martial were and how comfy Memphis found that right back's pocket.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That moment when the the ball fell to his feet on the edge of the box, and he, for some reason, decided he had time take a nice comfy touch, before the opponent took it off him and started a counter summed up Rooney's 15-16 season for me.

Born2Lose

I can't believe he's still in the team after four months of dross. I genuinely fear he'll just keep playing the whole way through the season, without anybody questioning his performances.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Stats:

1 shot. Blocked.
38/43 passes completed.
4 failed hollywood passes. 1 failed short pass into the box.
88.4 % pass completion.
1/3 crosses.
2/3 take ons.
0/3 tackles.
0 interceptions.
0 blocks.
0 clearances.

psychdelicblues

Or if your expectations of him are so low then you might think he had a 'decent game'...and it might even stretch to a 'very good' game.

Manny

Grammar Police
I can't believe this guy is our captain. Did nothing but hoof the ball when the team was crying out for some composure on the ball.

Him, Fellaini and Schneiderlin might just be the three stupidest players we have at the club and we had to play for 30 minutes with the three of them in midfield.

C'est Moi Cantona

Hard to blame Rooney today, everyone was bad , but the reality is he just isn't that elite player that his wage demands him to be anymore, he is neither a striker or a midfielder of any great quality.

He's a problem now and its only going to become more difficult to accommodate him, he'll continue to play when he's fit though you can guarantee that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Stats:

1 shot. Blocked.
38/43 passes completed.
4 failed hollywood passes. 1 failed short pass into the box.
88.4 % pass completion.
1/3 crosses.
2/3 take ons.
0/3 tackles.
0 interceptions.
0 blocks.
0 clearances.
Stats shmats.

Although those stats more or less reflect what happened. He was one of our better players, a just about acceptable performance surrounded mainly by utter shite.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How can anyone tell me that was a good performance. This is MANCHESTER UNITED FFS!

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Stats shmats.

Although those stats more or less reflect what happened. He was one of our better players, a just about acceptable performance surrounded mainly by utter shite.
He was? Decent in the first half, but I'd struggle to particularly rank him above a number of our other players. Better than the worst of the side like Fellaini and Schneiderlin, aye, but hardly a good player surrounded by shite ones either.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He was? Decent in the first half, but I'd struggle to particularly rank him above a number of our other players. Better than the worst of the side like Fellaini and Schneiderlin, aye, but hardly a good player surrounded by shite ones either.
Him and Lingard were head and shoulders the best players in the first half. The whole team were garbage in the second half but Rooney was probably marginally less shite than some of them.

facund

His performance wasn't actually bad per-say, although it was thoroughly average, but as captain and one of the senior players he should be driving the team on and he failed woefully in helping us get any sort of grip on the second half.

This is not the Wayne Rooney I want to remember. Impotent, timid and largely pointless.

Born2Lose

Heard on football weekly the other day - Sanchez & Ozil's wages + £30,000 per week = Rooney's wages.

But yeah it was great that tonight he wasn't the worst player on the pitch.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
How many counter attacks he created for PSV tonight? How is that acceptable in van Gaal's philosophy? If Herrera lost the ball so many times he would be dropped for at least few games no doubt and that would be mentioned a lot by our van Gaal experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.