Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1tch

He's hindering club and country.
I'd say if things continue then he'll be behind Vardy, Kane, and Sterling come the summer. Unless Roy is the same sort of gutless manager LVG is and sticks with Rooney based on the player he used to be.

clarkydaz

I'd say if things continue then he'll be behind Vardy, Kane, and Sterling come the summer. Unless Roy is the same sort of gutless manager LVG is and sticks with Rooney based on the player he used to be.
but he's mega off the pitch!

C'est Moi Cantona

Would solve alot of things, but doubt Rooney would be that generous as to let us off the ridiculous contract we got him to sign, plus if he goes there he can kiss his England carrier goodbye, and any chance of breaking Sir Bobby's scoring record.

FujiVice

If Rooney has anything left in the tank, he better show it this afternoon. With a new manager pending, today could be a huge game for him.

Devil81

Am I alone in thinking Rooney is playing poorly due to poor tactics?

He doesn't seem to be struggling at international level.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

He does, got the record over the line with a pen, and in those couple games he was poor. Kane came on as a sub and showed him up

ottosec

He can't control the ball half of the time, mate, how can that be because of the tactics?

buckooo1978

He is really

His last performances for England have been poor and masked by penalties

The best I've seen Rooney play for a while was when he came on against Stoke..... lacked quality but seemed to have fire in his belly again

I hope to see snarling, angry Rooney later - his future is as much on the line as Van Gaal - apart from his massive contract of course

Devil81

Well I guess we will only know for certain when a new manager comes in and changes the way we play.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Football365: Wayne Rooney is ‘simply dispirited’

Wayne Rooney’s self-confidence is at its lowest ebb after being ‘dragged down to a level of under-performance never seen before’, according to the Daily Mail.

The newspaper’s Manchester United correspondent Ian Ladyman is clearly keen to absolve Rooney of any blame for a disastrous run of form which has seen him fail to score in the Premier League since October 17.

He played 90 minutes as a striker against Norwich on December 19 but failed to register a single shot on target; he was subsequently dropped for Boxing Day’s trip to Stoke.

Any suggestion that the 30-year-old Rooney is in decline has apparently been dismissed from within Old Trafford, with the Mail claiming: ‘It is merely a matter of mental fatigue. Rooney is, according to some of those who share a dressing room with him, simply dispirited.’

Rooney is expected to be restored to the starting line-up against Chelsea, when defeat could signal the end of Louis van Gaal’s reign.

http://www.football365.com/news/wayne-rooney-is-simply-dispirited-report

Minimalist

Football365: Wayne Rooney is ‘simply dispirited’

Wayne Rooney’s self-confidence is at its lowest ebb after being ‘dragged down to a level of under-performance never seen before’, according to the Daily Mail.

The newspaper’s Manchester United correspondent Ian Ladyman is clearly keen to absolve Rooney of any blame for a disastrous run of form which has seen him fail to score in the Premier League since October 17.

He played 90 minutes as a striker against Norwich on December 19 but failed to register a single shot on target; he was subsequently dropped for Boxing Day’s trip to Stoke.

Any suggestion that the 30-year-old Rooney is in decline has apparently been dismissed from within Old Trafford, with the Mail claiming: ‘It is merely a matter of mental fatigue. Rooney is, according to some of those who share a dressing room with him, simply dispirited.’

Rooney is expected to be restored to the starting line-up against Chelsea, when defeat could signal the end of Louis van Gaal’s reign.

http://www.football365.com/news/wayne-rooney-is-simply-dispirited-report
To be fair, it could well be.

Unfortunately it's gone on so long that it's the same result at the end - he'll have to go.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Herrera buzzing around as a 10 has brought 18 minutes of life into him so far.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Much better from him so far, glad to see it.

Minimalist

Best game so far this season by a mile even without goals or assists. Touch is good, passing good, movement is there too. Efforts at goal with conviction.

Let's see if it lasts.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Much better. If he plays like that.. he's good enough to merit a place in a premier league side.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Better from him today but we still need more goal threat from our centre forward.

acnumber9

I thought he did alright on Saturday too. Sometimes he needs to be reminded that he has to work for his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.