Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
My sentiments too. Put a couple pass the scousers and I'll be :drool:
Has he ever had a good game in merseyside? He was half decent against Everton in arguably our best performance this season but other than that I can't remember him doing anything in that side of the country.

Winrar

Has he ever had a good game in merseyside? He was half decent against Everton in arguably our best performance this season but other than that I can't remember him doing anything in that side of the country.
he scored a winner at anfield in a 1-0 win... like 10 years ago. :lol:

Dex_Utd

No, status has to be based on current performances. Respect can be based on past performances. Giggs was in and out of the team, in his last few years, as was proportionate to his performance levels. He was not this guaranteed-to-start Mr. Manchester United "privelidges" man, and was used in line with his footballing level (which had naturally dropped). What he did have, based on past performances, was respect from fans, team-mates, the staff and his manager.
Fair point, but if managers are not using Rooney correctly (not starting him automatically, using as a sub more, making him earn his place etc.) then the blame can not be put to Rooney. Its Moyes and LVG's fault (if it is). No one blamed Nick Powel when he was selected recently for important games (and did nothing but sleep walk). Rooney is not going to say no if the manager wants him to play (almost) every game.

Dex_Utd

Maybe if you could consider the goal per minute ratio of both players.

I strongly believe his tantrums were just tactics to force our hands to pay him more.
I tried a few websites but couldn't easily find anything that will help calculate goals per minute. So may be someone else can help there. I doubt there will be anything different there. Surely Falcao played more minutes in last full season than Rooney played in half of current season.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Fair point, but if managers are not using Rooney correctly (not starting him automatically, using as a sub more, making him earn his place etc.) then the blame can not be put to Rooney. Its Moyes and LVG's fault (if it is). No one blamed Nick Powel when he was selected recently for important games (and did nothing but sleep walk). Rooney is not going to say no if the manager wants him to play (almost) every game.
You can not be serious! Its the managers fault if he decides to make Rooney actually earn his place in the team? :lol::lol:

Ixion

Its really lazy to claim that Falcao was having a relatively better season than Rooney is having now.
This is prior to the Swansea game. Call it lazy if you want but these are the statistics

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Wayne Rooney has scored four times in his past three games, including twice in Tuesday night’s 3-3 draw at Newcastle United. The captain has 11 in all competitions for the club and van Gaal admitted the recent goals were a relief.

“It makes it more easy for me when he scores because I have put all my money on Wayne as a striker,” said the manager. “But last year I remember that Wayne never scored once at Liverpool in 10 years. So he has to break that record, then I am very pleased.”
(Guardian)

Born2Lose

Back to his usual self unfortunately. It's very worrying when a player can't even outrun Kolo Toure.

Ananke

He does nothing. And he may not be getting service but the times he has gained possession he just gives it back.

But he'll play every game and be with us for much longer, we've just got to suck it up unfortunately.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's had the occasional glimpse and looks okay but he's not offered much. Certainly had worse games though.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
6 passes. 4 successful. 2 failed.

If RVP or Falcao put that half in, they'd have been abused on here for it.

Wake up a bit lads. He's getting no service because he's offering none. He's 40 yards from any of his nearest team mates. He hasn't defended, he hasn't passed, he hasn't run, he hasn't shot. He has pointed a lot and shoved Kolo Toure when he over hit a knock on to win a corner.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
An absolutely woeful opening 45 away to Liverpool and the standout worst performer of a bad bunch so far.
Absurd. He's done his job reasonably well. He just hasn't been given the ball much. Defensively he does far more than you seem to realise, IMO, and he's been much more energetic recently. It's nothing like his early season lethargic performances.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
6 passes. 4 successful. 2 failed.

If RVP or Falcao put that half in, they'd have been abused on here for it.

Wake up a bit lads. He's getting no service because he's offering none. He's 40 yards from any of his nearest team mates. He hasn't defended, he hasn't passed, he hasn't run, he hasn't shot. He has pointed a lot and shoved Kolo Toure when he over hit a knock on to win a corner.
Dont agree. He made good movements and runs to get himself in scoring position but Martial twice didnt see him. He hasnt been getting any service.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
In fairness, he has been better so far in the second half.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
He's been looking better and better the past 4-5 games. If he's able to shift in another gear we're in a really nice position for the run in.

El Zoido

He's been quite poor today but his job is to score goals and he's done that.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Criticizing him for his performance today is ridiculous. It's not his fault that all we tried to do was find him with long balls.

I thought he's done his job well today, even before the goal.

Matty7

Poor today I thought. Good finish but other than that kept loosing possession a lot and his first touch was awful again.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
5 goals in the last 4 matches. Can't really complain at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.