Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acole9

Outstanding
Ever since coming on against Stoke he seems to have got that hunger back into his game. I really hope he carries on this good form in front of goal and I'm sure we'll see his caf average rating move up with it.

wr8_utd

:'(
Got in a lot of important headers and clearances in our box as well after our goal. You can't fault the effort.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
His touch is still atrocious, he's physical gifts a thing of the past but he's shown he at least still has a wonderful technique in certain circumstances.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Decent finish, given the height of the ball and the way he had to twist to connect with it. He had a similar one against Chelsea which he skied. I expected the same to happen again. Good goal.

Treble

A winner against Liverpool is always a great thing. He's finished though. Watch his touches today. A good number of them were atrocious. He can't beat a man. His renaissance won't last longer than 7-8 weeks. United won't win anything of notice with him in the starting 11.

ChaddyP

looking at the first responses to his performances i must really say i disagree. he had some aweful service today. hes not benteke, punting a hopeful ball up to him is not his game. he was alone up there and did the best he could. definitely wasnt the worst player on the pitch. Took his goal well fair play to him. Has looked much better in 2016 so far, long may it continue

Eddy_JukeZ

I didn't think he was great, but the service to him was awful.

Great goal. Hopefully keeps on scoring.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Was pleased for him today. Hopefully he keeps going. Surely got to have that extra bit of confidence now..

AttackingFlair

Didn't understand the criticism in the first half. We were in capable of passing to him even when he was unmarked. All our 'passes' were clearances. Great goal and happy for him that he's finally managed to score away at Liverpool and Everton again.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Well bloody done, Wayne. I think he's wank most of the time in most games, but if he keeps popping up with important goals from now till the end of the season and actually justifies being started up front then it's all fine by me.

pacifictheme

A winner against Liverpool is always a great thing. He's finished though. Watch his touches today. A good number of them were atrocious. He can't beat a man. His renaissance won't last longer than 7-8 weeks. United won't win anything of notice with him in the starting 11.
You could say that last sentence about just about all of the team. We only have 4 or 5 players good enough to be in a title winning team. DDG, Shaw (from what we saw). Martial could be if he continues to play well and possibly Smalling. Thats it really.

Has he ever really been able to "beat a man"? No, not really. Hes definitely improved and is currently one of our better performers.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
This reads like you are hoping this will happen?

Treble

This reads like you are hoping this will happen?
This reads like a prediction about what is going to happen on the basis of what has happened over the last 3 years. Do you think that he is is going to be productive till the end of the season?

The United Irishman

Probably expecting.
Very strange....I'm enjoying the fact that we are back to winning games and our captain is scoring again..match winning goals btw...why is this thread so negative! If someones shit then say they are shit no problem, if someones playing good yet this guy's like, but i'm expecting him to be shit or he's shit anyway....I read the last 10 pages of this thread and it is quite easily the most horrible thread on this forum.

The United Irishman

This reads like a prediction about what is going to happen on the basis of what has happened over the last 3 years. Do you think that he is is going to be productive till the end of the season?
I'm hoping he will be and that's enough that needs to be said.

Treble

I'm hoping he will be and that's enough that needs to be said.
I'm hoping that he will score enough goals and we will finish in top 4 this season but I'm hoping also that we are going to buy a far better forward than him and compete for the title and the CL next season. However, I still doubt that we'll make top 4 this season with Rooney as our main man in attack. Maybe I'm in for a big nice surprise though and we are going to compete even for the title. It's impossible for me but maybe I know feck all after all :smirk:

The United Irishman

I'm hoping that he will score enough goals and we will finish in top 4 this season but I'm hoping also that we are going to buy a far better forward than him and compete for the title and the CL next season. However, I still doubt that we'll make top 4 this season with Rooney as our main man in attack. Maybe I'm in for a big nice surprise though and we are going to compete even for the title. It's impossible for me but maybe I know feck all after all :smirk:
Fair do's man!! But lets all celebrate beating the scum it always rounds the week off nicely!

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Glad to see him scoring again, but did not exactly cause Liverpool a lot of problems today. I know Van Gaal sees two strikers as heresy, but i would like to see Rooney behind Martial (no, not as a no 10, but as a supporting striker) since he obviously isn't going to be dropped any time soon

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I think he's finished as a dynamic player; he's no longer got the ability to take it past players, and I'm not sure he's someone you want leading the line on his own. His technique is still there though, or at least it's partly still there, and has improved massively to where it was. I do think that we need to upgrade long-term though, or at least play Martial beside/behind him.

Devil81

Are people still hating on him?

So glad he's finally finding form, never believed he was finished myself.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Very strange....I'm enjoying the fact that we are back to winning games and our captain is scoring again..match winning goals btw...why is this thread so negative! If someones shit then say they are shit no problem, if someones playing good yet this guy's like, but i'm expecting him to be shit or he's shit anyway....I read the last 10 pages of this thread and it is quite easily the most horrible thread on this forum.
What are you on about? From what I can see pretty much everyone is praising him for today and saying he's done well in last few games. There are people who criticise his general play, but they are not wrong since it's far from great, but no one is really criticiseing him that much, majority of the posts are positive.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Thankfully he's risen his level to a decent premier league striker for now, rather than league 2 plodder.

The United Irishman

What are you on about? From what I can see pretty much everyone is praising him for today and saying he's done well in last few games. There are people who criticise his general play, but they are not wrong since it's far from great, but no one is really criticiseing him that much, majority of the posts are positive.
What are you on about? Read above

Red_Beans

Good to see him perform at a decent level again.
My worry is this though: throughout his career Rooney has been prone to up and down patches of form, getting the vast majority of his goals in spurts. If he is currently experiencing one of these purple patches, how long will it last before he reverts to the norm?

Not saying he is anywhere near his peak levels at the moment, just saying that for this over the hill version of Rooney, this is as good as its likely to get for him

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Really enjoyed his last few goals, the Madjer against Swansea, the smash against Newcastle, the half volley against Liverpool... All difficult goals that required good technique to be scored. Hope there are more to come! :drool:

ZDwyr

He got very little service so I can excuse his performance to a degree. However when he did get the ball his touch and passing often still failed him. He's scoring though and that is the main thing.

Tosicsleftpeg

Not really related to current form but just watched a compilation of all his utd goals and from 2005 to about 2011 he was utterly world class what a player.

Glad to see him doing well again, he thrives on loose balls in the box and low crosses, the more we tear forward and get the ball pinging about in the box he will get goals as he has the anticipation and striking ability to bag goals still.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's no different than the past games. He might still tap in a goal 30-40 minutes into the 2nd half.

m1y2

another disgraceful performance, how this piece of shit is still in the club is beyond me and the twat doesn't give a fcuk like if he was out last night, absolute shambles of a captain and footballer

wr8_utd

:'(
Came in here and knew there would be OTT criticism again but he's been no worse than anyone else on the pitch.

Walters_19_MuFc

Rooney's been a winger today, and more often than not, he's snuffed out by two/three So'ton players when he's got the ball like Martial. Don't know why Van Gaal has decided to go to a 352.

Status
Not open for further replies.