Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Sorry Pogue, was in a hurry and couldn't type much. What I was trying to get across is that shouldn't pro players have a far higher minimum standard? I know they have off days when they struggle but you don't see any other player mishit passes and miscontrol balls as much as he does in a single game for a stretch of time.
Dunno about his passing but yes, when he's not playing well his touch is terrible. I'm not sure how it compares with other players, though, because I don't pay as much attention to them. Although touch does seem to be the first thing to go for strikers like Lukaku, Benteke and Costa when they're having a shocker.

Geordopolous

As mentioned repeatedly through this thread this is about more than those two games and the preseason. His poor performances span much longer than that.
Yep but it's a new season and any poor football his played before is irrelevant to now

Trizy

Missed the game at the weekend due to holidays so just catching up on it now, I'm 52 minutes in and I'm not sure he's placed one pass that reached its target, his touch is awful and he's doing little or no running whatsoever.. embarrassing performance.

OldRed73

Missed the game at the weekend due to holidays so just catching up on it now, I'm 52 minutes in and I'm not sure he's placed one pass that reached its target, his touch is awful and he's doing little or no running whatsoever.. embarrassing performance.

I wouldn't bother with the last 38 :D

eggwithsideburns

I hope he scores today, it would surely help his confidence. Judgmental eyes will be on him so I hope he can raise his game. Its over to you Roo to turn it around.

Martin(6)Buchan

If he does not score tonight even if he has a great game I think more pressure will be on him, hope he does it will help him and us in the long run.

Man Utd 3:1 Brugge

Varun

Staff
Don't get some of the criticism he got in the match thread. Easily his best performance of the season so far. Has got his touch back and has looked lively. Lovely ball to Memphis for the chance which he should have finished.

Luminous Lizard

Looks better than he has so far this season, not that that would be particulary hard.

Think he's got a goal in him this game though and hope he shows he's good enough to lead the line for us this season.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He's just so negative. Don't know why Michael Owen is so far up his ass either. Always has his back to goal and looks to play it backwards, but I guess his pass success rate can stay high if he does that. His take on in the end with the lack of finesse and heavy touch sums him up really. Sluggish

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
His pass to Memphis making it one on one was magnificent. Memphis should have finish this one rather than trying a pass, that would give Wayne an assist and boost of confidence.

wr8_utd

:'(
Not that it's difficult to improve on how poor he's been all season but he doesn't look woeful tonight. Good ball to Memphis where he should have sored.

Varun

Staff
Better from him in comparison to previous matches but still so shit in general.
Nothing shit about his performance tonight. He's been good albeit not exceptional. Should have had an assist too.

OldRed73

Looks better than he has so far this season, not that that would be particulary hard.

Think he's got a goal in him this game though and hope he shows he's good enough to lead the line for us this season.
Emile Heskey had the odd good game - right now I'd sign him

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
He's been shit. No point dressing it up just because he's been marginally better than in previous games.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Much better, but he drops so ridiculously deep at times when we're in possession in Brugge's half for someone who's supposed to be leading the line.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Nothing shit about his performance tonight. He's been good albeit not exceptional. Should have had an assist too.
I'm sorry but I cannot agree with this, he's sluggish. One good pass in an entire half doesn't satisfy me. This guy used to be and is supposed to be the team's heartbeat.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's been better than he was at Villa to be fair to him. I agree with @Jed I. Knight that he's dropping deep far too deep for my liking, but maybe that's an instruction? Also, that foul throw. :lol:

Varun

Staff
Good :lol: Memphis has been good. Rooney's been well, average. Useless as a striker.
You have very high standards if Memphis has been just "good" so your average seems to be my good.

I'm sorry but I cannot agree with this, he's sluggish. One good pass in an entire half doesn't satisfy me. This guy used to be and is supposed to be the team's heartbeat.
He looked very sluggish to me in both the league games but hasn't looked sluggish tonight. His touch for instance looks much better. Should stay higher up ideally.

He isn't good enough anymore to be our heartbeat imo btw.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You have very high standards if Memphis has been just "good" so your average seems to be my good.

He looked very sluggish to me in both the league games but hasn't looked sluggish tonight. His touch for instance looks much better. Should stay higher up ideally.

Also whoever said he drops too deep is spot on, his instincts are that of a 10. He wants to be involved too much when we may need a focal point up front.

cyberman

Playing well, his movement is creating space for when Memphis wants to cut inside, made a couple of good runs that weren't picked out.
Having a good game thus far

NinjaZombie

I agree with this. I think there's a good chance he will get a goal in the second half, and hopefully kick on from there. Rooney's not quite a player that deserves his 300k per week and undroppable captain stature nowadays but I'd take him scoring 20-25 goals for us this season while keeping things simple in our build up plays.

NinjaZombie

Also whoever said he drops too deep is spot on, his instincts are that of a 10. He wants to be involved too much when we may need a focal point up front.
Definitely. He needs to watch old videos of how Van Nistelrooy used to play for us. Simple lay off, turn and immediately run towards the opposition goal.

Varun

Staff
Yup, I said so in my post too. Should be staying higher up.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I still wished Manchester United had signed Benteke last summer. Beside Rooney needing proper competition, his hold up play and intelligent flicks would have been so beneficial to our team overall play. Some can argue that Fellaini can be a target man upfront in a somewhat similar manner, but he is not a natural striker nor does he have the proper footballing ability to fit in that role. Anyway, since that is in the past, hopefully eventually we will find a striker like that plus more. Or a striker that excels in a different facet of his game like pace and greater technical ability.

Robbie Boy

He's much improved tonight but badly needs to get into better positions in and around the box, specifically in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.