5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackingFlair

Difficult skill to bring down the ball and immediately hold off the defender. Hopefully he will trust his left foot more now. Needs to improve on his premier league performances.

m1y2

took the goal well, a couple of nice lay offs and nice crossfield pass. He deserves credit today

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He is a striker and he scored a decent goal against decent opponents*, during open play. I have no complaints.
This should do his confidence good.
If he can score 1 goal every 2 games, he'll have done well.
Now lets hope he can score a goal in the EPL.

*I realise that some of you are stating that this is a Championship side, but lets be honest guys, today's goal is against the highest level of opposition, whom he has scored against recently, in open play.
What I am not interested in is scoring from penalties (against San Marino) or against teams like Brugge (who would've struggled against a Conference side, due to their injuries, when he scored 3).

Bwuk

He isn't a part of our strongest 11 anymore.

We have better 10s, Martial looks to be a much better option, and the idea of him going into midfield or out wide is laughable.

Acole9

Outstanding
He took his goal very well, I said this after his hat trick against Club Brugge but I hope he can transfer this into the Premier League.

ZDwyr

Was a good goal, but other than that I still thought he was one of our worst players.

Reynoldo

He took it well, really well in fact. Time will tell if he can can kick on or if he just got lucky with the touch this once and returns to playing like a drunken toddler on ice.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Good goal, wasn't sure he was still capable of that. Having missed the match, no idea how he was overall.

Last edited:

Sam

Great goal, then spent the rest of the match looking crap. Looked a bit better when he dropped deep for a bit.

People thinking that was a good performance really are lowering their standards in order to not criticise him.

marlowe78

He seemed to cover ground more easily tonight. Wonder how much he's been hindered by the injury.

Red_Aaron

Was a great finish regardless of the opposition, that has to be a good sign

Thought his best work came deeper though and you have to say martial should be furthest forward on current form. Perhaps the move to midfield will happen a lot sooner than we all thought

BigBadKev

A good goal against a 2nd string Championship side, and then anonymous for the rest of the match. His performance was no better in this match than in any others this season.

Geordopolous

Rooney will soon be uniteds top goal scorer of all time but to you lot his shit. Get a grip. He's having a bad patch but he still deserves some love. You guys have a short memory or you are too young to know what he's done for this club

acnumber9

Rooney will soon be uniteds top goal scorer of all time but to you lot his shit. Get a grip. He's having a bad patch but he still deserves some love. You guys have a short memory or you are too young to know what he's done for this club
He deserves the love he showed us when he wanted more money an questioned the clubs ambition or when he got angry and confused at being dropped when he wasn't playing well.

Varun

Staff
The classic "too young to know" argument doesn't really go with Rooney ffs.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Martin Keown says he has the RVP of last season feel about him and I agree.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think Wayne played well last night. Took his goal well, but actually looked a footballer other than that too. He was able to control the ball and move it on in good time, and looked a bit freer in his movement.

Rooney will likely never be good enough again to have any sort of real impact on the team I feel, but given he has to play, I'd certainly settle for him at least not being a hindrance. More performances last night, including the odd goal here and there will do. And if this is the start of some sort of revival, then we have a real chance, as Ai was optimistic already and that was without considering any meaningful contribution from him. If he can bring 15 league goals to the table as a 10 we are in business.

BarstoolProphet

First time I've ever seen the Age Card being played when talking about a player yet to hit the thirties. Well done.

I do remember fondly what he's done for the club, though. I just want him out before he tarnishes his United legacy completely. Oh, and that he's really nowhere near good enough to be top dog anymore.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
United's current top scorer of all time is probably no good anymore either. You don't pick a player based on what he did 5 years ago.

SirAF

Ageist
United's current top scorer of all time is probably no good anymore either. You don't pick a player based on what he did 5 years ago.
:lol:

There's really no excuse for this slump that Rooney is in now, it's one thing that he's on a goalless streak (11 PL matches?) but his overall play have been below par for a long time - it's not just this season. He should be playing for his future at the club right now.

VanGaalEra

If we could get a top class season out of Rooney this year, I'd feel pretty good about our chances of winning some silverware and challenging for the title.

He's really critical for us, being our captain means he won't get dropped, so his form is vital. An in form Rooney also wins you games.

Come on Wayne!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If we could get a top class season out of Rooney this year, I'd feel pretty good about our chances of winning some silverware and challenging for the title.

He's really critical for us, being our captain means he won't get dropped, so his form is vital. An in form Rooney also wins you games.

Come on Wayne!
I don't think it's clear what an 'in-form' Rooney actually looks like. Surely 'in form' is not referring to 3 or 4 years ago when he was a top player, otherwise you would be implying that the years that have followed just represent a spell of poor form, which would be ridiculous to classify such an extended period.

If you are referring to a more recent spell, I don't think anything has been good enough for a while to the extent that the whole caf would, d agree that this was the reference point of ' good form '. Sadly, I don't agree that an in form Rooney wins you games. That is just rhetoric, similar to 'Manchester United are always a better team with Rooney than without him'.

Today, an in form Rooney is simply not a liability. HI'm playing well is not him being a regular match winner for us, otherwise he simply hasn't played well for years. Him playing well now is him doing his bit and not letting his other teammates down, which is not guaranteed these days. That used to be his minimum. He'd at least work so hard that if nothing was coming off, at least he wasn't being carried. Now he can't get about the pitch in the same way, and cannot play with the same intensity as before. Games in which he is being bypassed are more frequent, and his team, for my money, are playing around him as opposed to through him. Now, him playing well is actually not that good a player, again, unless we agree that he hasn't played well for years. I believe an average Rooney performance these days is a 4 out of 10, and a good one is a 6 or 7 at best. Nothing special anyway.

Geordopolous

First time I've ever seen the Age Card being played when talking about a player yet to hit the thirties. Well done.

I do remember fondly what he's done for the club, though. I just want him out before he tarnishes his United legacy completely. Oh, and that he's really nowhere near good enough to be top dog anymore.
My mate hopped on my laptop and typed that post out aha so I disagree with the age thing he said. But I do agree that as long as we're still winning games we should keep playing him, so he can try get his form back up. We know what he's capable of and there's no reason why he can't get to some good form again.

Devil may care

I'll never understand the player over club mentality. Yes Rooney has done some great things for United and in turn the club has made him a multi millionaire, not just with what we pay him but with the platform to market his "brand" that the Manchester United name offers him. He wanted to leave when he thought he needed better players to play with or to get even more money out of the club, likewise the club now need better players than him if we want to start winning trophies again.

We know what he's capable of and there's no reason why he can't get to some good form again.
There is a reason, many of us think he's physically shot like RvP or Shevchenko, if that is the case he isn't going to be near the player he once was.

LeftyBlaster

Open your eyes and watch the game. He IS playing shit and has been for awhile. There's no two ways about it. The standards have been dropped far more than the No Child Left Behind policy for Rooney.

ZDwyr

My mate hopped on my laptop and typed that post out aha so I disagree with the age thing he said. But I do agree that as long as we're still winning games we should keep playing him, so he can try get his form back up. We know what he's capable of and there's no reason why he can't get to some good form again.
Nice cover story ;)

Geordopolous

Nice cover story ;)
Hahaha nah honest. He said fark these pricks all hate Rooney. So I told him to rip into them. So I guess it's partly my fault.

But seriously if we're winning games and we have an 'easy' game against Sunderland at home. Why not play him and let him try get he's form back. I doubt we will lose to Sunderland because of him

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What I don't get is why people think we should "keep playing him" until his form returns. Why does any player deserve that sort of royal treatment?. At 1 stage Fergie thought it was because he couldn't stay fit, but now he looks fit but well off the mark whatever happens. The lack of speed wouldn't be such an issue if he could turn or take on a man, but he lacks any sort of basic dribbling skills that don't require power/pace.

He is never going to be a midfield dictator and he hasn't got the legs anymore to play the box to box role, I really do feel he's got maybe this season and 1 more coming, then he will be sold.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hahaha nah honest. He said fark these pricks all hate Rooney. So I told him to rip into them. So I guess it's partly my fault.

But seriously if we're winning games and we have an 'easy' game against Sunderland at home. Why not play him and let him try get he's form back. I doubt we will lose to Sunderland because of him
Not winning i.e drawing 0-0 is a huge problem given the upcoming fixtures. Arsenal(a) Everton(a) City(h) I think he should play behind Martial. He looked ok vs Ipswitch but this is actually a must win game for us so if he isn't performing and its 0-0 he needs to come off.

Status
Not open for further replies.