5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
How are people talking about FA cup and such? Even the recent past is just that - the past. We should be worrying about now and who is not pulling their weight, and that includes Rooney. This is going to be one of the most competitive seasons in the league for a long time, which also unfortunately coincides with the club needing to make top four for a number of reasons including financial. Therefore, it is reasonable to expect that we don't make things harder for ourselves by deliberately comprising our team for the sake of one individual. Never mind what he did some months ago - he's hindering us at the present crucial time.

Sparky10Legend

Really wonder how legends of the past like Best, Law and Charlton would be have been viewed in the later years of their careers if Redcafe had been around at the time. Charlton failing to score double figures in his last 3 seasons would surely be seen as a has been outstaying his welcome in a team that was struggling badly and heading to relegation. Best could hardly be forgiven for walking out on the club while still in his prime at a time when we really needed him. And despite a lack of celebration you could hardly forgive Denis Law for first moving to City and then relegating us.

The Law man didnt relegate us, regardless of that back heel , we were doomed.

Rockets Redglare

He won't even be on the bench tomorrow, it would be criminal to include him in any way shape or form the way he has been playing.
Of course he will. Benching him is one thing but there's no way he'll be dropped from the squad altogether.

manunited1919

If we assume Rooney's true skills and level going forward are similar to what we have seen the last couple of games, what would be better for our club:

A). For Rooney to play tomorrow, play like shit again resulting in a loss, and then Rooney to be dropped for the next 5 games.

B). Rooney plays, he scores or assists despite playing horrible, and we win the match. He stays in the team for next 5 matches.

I know there are other possible outcomes (the best being: he is dropped, we play well and win, and he stays dropped for 5 matches).

But between the two outcomes above, what is better for our team going forward? In other words, would you trade 3 points if our team was sure to drop Rooney for 5 matches straight?

A is better than B. We need to move on from Rooney issue!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If we assume Rooney's true skills and level going forward are similar to what we have seen the last couple of games, what would be better for our club:

A). For Rooney to play tomorrow, play like shit again resulting in a loss, and then Rooney to be dropped for the next 5 games.

B). Rooney plays, he scores or assists despite playing horrible, and we win the match. He stays in the team for next 5 matches.

I know there are other possible outcomes (the best being: he is dropped, we play well and win, and he stays dropped for 5 matches).

But between the two outcomes above, what is better for our team going forward? In other words, would you trade 3 points if our team was sure to drop Rooney for 5 matches straight?

A is better than B. We need to move on from Rooney issue!
This sort of theory crafting is always pointless as there is too many variables to consider.

For me, the best outcome is that he says some shit about his team mates on MUTV and gets sacked the following morning.

I don't think we will see some sort of miraculous upturn in style and form, I expect it to be something that happens over the course of the season and into next season but looking long term we will be all the better for it because we'll be trying to get the best out of the squad without the distraction of putting Rooney into the team somewhere.

A midfield theee from Pogba/Herrera/Schneiderlin/Carrick/Fellaini given a proper run together of 10+ games will be infinitely better than anything that includes Rooney.

wr8_utd

:'(
Mourinho said Rooney has not been the same since his laboured display in England's recent unconvincing win in Slovakia was highlighted.

Rooney has struggled since then, but Mourinho told the striker he can expect no special privileges with regard to his United place - despite being captain.

Asked if Rooney's status as captain made him immune from the drop, Mourinho said: "No, not at all.

"Wayne is the captain of the club. He's trusted by the players, he's trusted by myself and he represents the club in a fantastic way as a player and person.
"But in football, everyone is the same and if he has to go on the bench, he goes on the bench.

"If he has to stay at home, he stays at home, but that doesn't mean you don't trust him or you have a problem. Not at all. We have no problems.

"He's our captain, but of course, no privileges. He's like anyone else."
But Mourinho claimed Rooney had been affected by the flak that came his way after the Slovakia game, in which the forward struggled.

"Honestly, I think there was a Wayne before the Slovakia and England game and a Wayne after Slovakia and England," said Mourinho. "And I'm not blaming Sam [Allardyce], not at all.
"I'm blaming the people that after the England and Slovakia game who were, in my opinion, too strong with somebody that is a very important player in the history of English football, the captain of England, the record goalscorer, and who is almost has the record for most matches.

"I think it was too much but I still think, a big boy like he is, he has to face it in a strong way."
Looks like Jose doesn't know about the contractual obligations that all the Caf Einsteins know of.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Looks like Jose doesn't know about the contractual obligations that all the Caf Einsteins know of.
You might as well have a sarcastic signature in every post.

Sylar

It is (and kinda isnt) surprising how people will go over and beyond to defend a player (for the notion he should be dropped) even if its a detriment to the team.

the biggest defence for Rooney nowadays is "well, what about player x".

That article on the previous page was a really good read and summary of why he needs to at least be dropped.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Robson just on the radio backing him, saying hasn't been the worst player
... and that is the new standard by which Rooney is being judged by.
As long as he is only the 2nd worst player, in every single game, its a job well done.

flappyjay

At the end of the day Rooney is not player manager, he does not pick himself Mourinho does. Its obvious to everyone that he should not be starting but Jose continues to pick him. Rooney cant go to the boss and asked to be benched even if he knew he was dross(he still thinks he is good for some reason). If a manager continues to pick you it gives you the belief that you are good enough. A lot of people hate Rooney because he starts every match like its his fault. If there is going to be a media backlash he has to take it on the chin, at the end of the day he will have his job as long as he finishes top 4 no matter what the media say. If the team starts winning the media will shut up anyway.

Its sad to see a player I idolized get treated the way he is being treated but that being said if he cared about the club he should be ready to take a back up role and take a considerable pay cut.

Sylar

My favourite moment was how he turned a 3 on 1 position into an almost throw in for their team (had it not been for the pace of Rashford keeping it on).

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
another nice stat for the collection
If stat padding was a superpower Rooney would be its poster boy.

By the weekend his media cheerleaders will be pointing to his 'productivity' as a reason he should play. :lol:

Djemba-Djemba

By the weekend his media cheerleaders will be pointing to his 'productivity' as a reason he should play. :lol:
So true, it really is remarkable how he manages to do it.

Thought he came on and was pretty rubbish, usual Rooney performance.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

People who didn't watch the game will be coming up to me and telling me how wrong I am about Rooney, because he "created the goal which got us the win, didn't he?" :lol:

tomaldinho1

My favourite moment was how he turned a 3 on 1 position into an almost throw in for their team (had it not been for the pace of Rashford keeping it on).
The worst thing about that is I knew he's f*** it up as soon as the ball reached him - it was a pretty simple pass.

His 'assist' for the goal was a true beauty as well :)

LouisDanGaal

He won us the game with a terrible shot. You couldn't make it up, it's like he wants to infuriate the caf.

Devil may care

That misfired shot that Ibra managed to head in was like something from a Naked Gun movie, coupled with his counter killing pass a few minutes later and hospital ball to Rashford it was another fine outing from the Captain.

The circus surrounding him with the endless stream of his media muppet buddies licking his nuts is so aggravating, the sooner he goes the better.

Moonred

Martial had a similar assist for Rooney on the opening day. The other pass/shot/header that he tried to play Pogba on made me spit my coffee. Utter wank. Followed it up with a decent cross for Ibra. The man is an Enigma.

Djemba-Djemba

Interesting moment when Zlatan was visibly annoyed at Rooney not bothering to do any pressing despite only being on the pitch for 20 minutes.

ZDwyr

Cracking assist, weighted the ball perfectly for Zlatan. Shows how much we can miss him in these games, always has the moment of magic in him. Looks to be the standard slow start to the season but starting to pick up his game now.

Nah. He's still useless.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
That counterattack between Zlatan and Pogba reminded me of 2008 for a moment until Rooney released THAT final ball :mad:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Cracking assist, weighted the ball perfectly for Zlatan. Shows how much we can miss him in these games, always has the moment of magic in him. Looks to be the standard slow start to the season but starting to pick up his game now
You had me there for a second :lol::lol::lol:

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Savage's boring attacks on Fellaini are a bit annoying, since I can't think of any player who is more similar to him in the way he played. And also because he did not actually have a bad game.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Typical Rooney bashing, you all obviously aren't attentive to his work rate. Bet some of you feckers will say it's because he had fresh legs. It's something Zlatan wouldn't do. Wayne Rooney street footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.