5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

Strangely, when he does something wrong, bad pass, bad touch, we tend to score from it which boosts his assist stat. If we are trailing or level in the 75th minute, I'd want him on.
You're 100% correct. I just wouldn't base my success (in the case of Jose Mourinho) on the ball bouncing off Wayne's arse and into the path of Ibra.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
You're 100% correct. I just wouldn't base my success (in the case of Jose Mourinho) on the ball bouncing off Wayne's arse and into the path of Ibra.
Nobody should ofcourse, but sometimes it's just good to have multiple bodies in the box. Rooney is horrendous imo, but somehow the ball gets to him in quite dangerous positions, which is still a useful quality. If we are needy for a goal and the other options havent been working really, I'd want him on. But I rather we just play some proper fluid football to create chances.

Minimalist

Wasn't on long enough to judge much but thankfully Milner didn't make use of the couple of times he left him for dead.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Felt he was pretty decent in the limited time he played.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Loved the irony in Gary Neville saying that Klopp wouldn't want to risk putting Moreno on if it wasn't for injury just a matter of minutes after Rashford's fatigue brought Rooney into play.

Fortunately Milner came off injured because Rooney didn't have a clue where he was.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Didn't do the job Rashford was doing. If Liverpool had someone more adept than James fecking Milner running into the acres of space left by Rooney standing still, then it could have cost us.

Absolutely pointless passing in to space when he is on the pitch. Both times he was involved in that, he had to bust a gut to reach it, and just aimlessly poke it forwards. Looks like he can barely run these days.

Art Vandelay

The one thing he was asked to do was help Valencia cover the rightback area and he failed to do it. Not really his fault given he's not a defender, I just hope this doesn't lead to him thinking he can be transitioned into a second rightback. Can't really judge him going forward as we seemed to have no intention of doing that.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Loved the irony in Gary Neville saying that Klopp wouldn't want to risk putting Moreno on if it wasn't for injury just a matter of minutes after Rashford's fatigue brought Rooney into play.

Fortunately Milner came off injured because Rooney didn't have a clue where he was.
Tbf to Neville, he also said Rooney should have been doing a better job of covering Milner on a couple of occasions

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
[QUOTE="Ban, post: 19928108, member: 100167"]He was all right. Although Mata sub would have been more logical.[/QUOTE]
How? Twice Milner got in behind him when he didn't manage it all night long against Rashford. One time he did got back he was was so slow on the ball he gave it straight away.

He moved like he'd been playing 80 minutes, not supposedly fresh.

Next step is making it so that he isn't the first option off the bench. Mata and Lingard would've been fairer subs tonight.

prarek

Did alright in his little cameo. Wasn't as bad as i thought he would be.

Kag

He doesn't even work all that hard. Lazy, pedestrian and caught out defensively on a number of occasions as a result.

Devil may care

Milner suddenly got in twice when he came on, I guess no matter what is going on he has to come on by the 75 minute mark, Lingard made a lot more sense for the role as it's a position he regularly plays.

Btw why is Rooney's rating disabled? He got over 15 minutes.

Rossa

Even Rooney has stated that he cannot play on the right wing, and that was when he was at his prime; why the hell does Mourinho put him on the right then? Lingard is much faster and so much better defensively.

Skills

Snitch
What the feck does he offer? They got through twice in behind on that side as soon as he stepped onto the pitch for Rashford.

DocRockter

He should had come in after 60mins for Zlatan.. 245 goals sitting on the bench without support and confidence and yet when our only striker is having a stinker, Rooney doesn't get a real chance.. I'm counting on Jose co. to correct this ASAP..

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Milner suddenly got in twice when he came on, I guess no matter what is going on he has to come on by the 75 minute mark, Lingard made a lot more sense for the role as it's a position he regularly plays.

Btw why is Rooney's rating disabled? He got over 15 minutes.
PR substitution because Rooney not coming off the bench in such a big game could cause a shit storm. Jose is playing it very safe so far in transitioning Rooney from the side.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I don't see how people form these opinions. He came on for 15 minutes in a game were trying to shut down and did next to nothing, mostly because time was very short. He was neither bad nor good, it was an immaterial performance basically.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
He should had come in after 60mins for Zlatan.. 245 goals sitting on the bench without support and confidence and yet when our only striker is having a stinker, Rooney doesn't get a real chance.. I'm counting on Jose co. to correct this ASAP..
Yes thats what I was thinking too, instead he comes on with 12 minutes to to play on the wing..

wr8_utd

:'(
I don't see how people form these opinions. He came on for 15 minutes in a game were trying to shut down and did next to nothing, mostly because time was very short. He was neither bad nor good, it was an immaterial performance basically.
This. There's absolutely nothing to praise or criticize and nothing we learned about him whatsoever today. People have agendas though and just feel the need to bring up this thread.
I'm sure that would have made a huge difference.
If he had to be bought on, that's where he should have come on and also as Zlatan was garbage tonight so Rooney would hardly be any worse.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This. There's absolutely nothing to praise or criticize and nothing we learned about him whatsoever today. People have agendas though and just feel the need to bring up this thread.
There's nothing to criticise about letting his man past twice in the space of 10 minutes?

AndyJ1985

If he had to be bought on, that's where he should have come on and also as Zlatan was garbage tonight so Rooney would hardly be any worse.
He got moved to midfield because he was useless as a forward. Then he got moved to #10 because he was useless in midfield. Now it seems he's being played out wide because he's useless as a #10. To play him as a forward again would be to ignore Einstein's wisdom: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Sylar

Honestly dont think he should have come on today but it didnt end up costing us, so theres that. Oh and he won a GK. This isnt the Rooney of 2008 where you can play him in that position. He just wasnt aware and got beaten a couple of times inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.