5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeno

I'm watching this in Morocco. Every local I speak to about United, the first player they mention is Rooney. He's still our biggest draw in these far-ish flung markets.

Then Ibra, then Mourinho.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's done ok on the ball but as the left sided midfielder it's his responsibility to look after Ramsey and he's failing miserably.
He hasn't. Hes done Buggar all on the ball.

spwd

Oh god he's doing that thing where he shies away from the pressure zones and finds himself 10 yards from every player hovering around the half way line. He then proceeds to "press" which consists of dipping his head a bit and putting his arms out wide while he's still 10 yards from the player.
Yeah he just seems to try and look busy without actually doing anything :lol:

RedRevongge

It's a shame he has fallen so far as is only 31. Hopefully for his sake and ours he goes in the summer and we can keep his early years in our memory.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Had his moment, couldn't hit it hard and low past Cech.

Sadly nothing to him these days it seems. Can't even cross a ball...

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm watching this in Morocco. Every local I speak to about United, the first player they mention is Rooney. He's still our biggest draw in these far-ish flung markets.

Then Ibra, then Mourinho.
Hows this supposed to get us points?

Man-United

Started playing as a 16 year old in PL, having no longer rest from football so it's more understandable he's done than many others would at 31.

Giggs86

If he keeps on taking corners we may as well just forfeit them. Can't put a decent cross to save his life.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Had his moment, couldn't hit it hard and low past Cech.

Sadly nothing to him these days it seems. Can't even cross a ball...

Should have checked and let him go to the floor. Pass to mata or lift over goal keeper. Very simple chance.

johanovic

Please take him off, it´s just dreadful to see and he can´t hardly move. When Scholes had lost his legs at least he could influence game like a deep lying playmaker and spread balls around, Rooney has none of that and his game was always about power and now that´s gone there´s very little he can give.

MrPooni

Idling around the pitch like he’s carrying two huge bags of shopping from a Marbella supermercado in a pair of flip-flops. His feet simply two vestigial lumps of gristle hanging from the end of his shins. The greatest footballer these shores have produced in a generation, reduced to a lumbering oaf wandering around the Old Trafford turf, like a tired dad looking for his car keys.

Source: https://medium.com/@SamDiss/the-sadness-of-king-rooney-d528b7aaf0e2

Ixion

Barely recognisable that's he's Wayne Rooney these days. For his wages I'm struggling to think which PL clubs would sign him.

Incredible when you see Ronaldo bagging consecutive hat-tricks and Rooney can't even cross a ball.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It's sad seeing him like this having seen the fecking tank he used to be in his prime. He'd make a tackle, carry the ball, lay it off and be on the end to finish it. Now you see a limp to poke at the keeper even in one in ones.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Can you imagine Real, Bayern or Barca paying 300k a week for a player with the same performances as Rooney this season?

Man-United

No one uses this argument anymore.
What do you mean? It's more understandable that he's done as he played at 16 in PL most games. The Ronaldo example is wrong as he got here at 18 and was rested a lot during his first season while Rooney did play all the time.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Can't wait until summer when he fecks off. Been a great player for us but past it & brings nothing to the side other than constant disappointment.

MrPooni

Started playing as a 16 year old in PL, having no longer rest from football so it's more understandable he's done than many others would at 31.
All the off season toffee apples and fag ash he's absorbed over the past 15 years probably hasn't helped either.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Ronaldo and Messi have been almost just as long.

Giggs started at 17.
Ronaldo has actually played more senior games.

For those of us who remember Rooney at his best, what he is today is a terrible shame.

It's just gone out of him.

Kag

I'm pleased that Pogba has put to bed the myth that Rooney is good at passing, too. Rooney tries those daft passes from deep but they're about as threatening as Heather Mills in a marathon.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He is done

Even his work rate seems to be gone
Which he has no excuse for, he's been fit for weeks now, he should be in peak shape but he looks like he's carrying a bit of weight and he was blowing out of his arse after 20 minutes. I don't care what anyone says about "sacrificed his body over the years for us", it's absolute nonsense. Ronaldo has played over 100 games more and just look at the difference between them. Rooney is where he is now because he hasn't looked after his body over the years. He couldn't sacrifice the beer and ciggies and it's costing him and us now.

Man-United

All the off season toffee apples and fag ash he's absorbed over the past 15 years probably hasn't helped either.
Very true, and he could have done a lot better between the games and off season. He's not a pro that way and one of many reasons I'm no fan anymore.

Ixion

What do you mean? It's more understandable that he's done as he played at 16 in PL most games. The Ronaldo example is wrong as he got here at 18 and was rested a lot during his first season while Rooney did play all the time.
Because Ronaldo wasn't playing before he arrived in England.

Dante

Average bang
He showed really good pace, anticipation and work rate to get the chance. But he was poor once he actually got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.