g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Wayne Rooney image 10

Wayne Rooney England flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The most striking thing about watching Rooney play now, is that he quite clearly does not have a football brain. Scholes came back after 9 months out at the age of 37 and showed how to play the game in your head and make up 10 yards of lost pace. He rarely got above jogging speed but he was always in the right position either making himself available, cutting the passing lane or putting a toe or shoulder in.

Rooney is completely at a loss, he's on his own out there chasing shadows, he can't get to the player quick enough and he's no idea where to position himself in terms of covering space and angles. The football brain he always claims to have is completely non-existent and that's as much a problem for him right now as his body breaking down.
And what's surprising about that is I and I think most had Rooney down as an intelligent player. He was never as fast as Ronaldo or as 'skilful' as other players, but he normally made the right decision at the right time with the right pass. I look at some of our wonderful counterattacking goals down the years and he was always involved. His to Ronaldo in that semi final goal at the Emirates was great. The perfect pass on his left foot. And the one v Bolton.

I always felt as his body gave up on him, he'd have the intelligence to adapt his game. But he really hasn't, he's gone completely the opposite way.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
So, in his last 3 games:

- gave away a stupid freekick against swansea and they scored

- missed a huge chance at 0-0 against Arsenal

- couldn't mark wanyama against Spurs

If this is not consistency, I don't know what is.
In the last three games

He has scored against Swansea

scored again today

Single handedly got our best chance v Arsenal.

He's clearly not great.

It's also clear that some of you have no objective ability to measure his performances.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
In the last three games

scored again today

He's clearly not great.

It's also clear that some of you have no objective ability to measure his performances.
Oh feck off, he's our worst player by a country mile.

Steven7290

In the last three games

scored again today

He's clearly not great.

He's just shite. He gets into position every now and then, before all that he has to give 5982 balls away needlessly along with nonsense fouls.

Djemba-Djemba

In the last three games

scored again today

He's clearly not great.

Now that really is cherry picking information to suit your point

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I don't care how poor he is, I still can't understand how people who claim to be Man United fans can call him names like fat cnut etc, both here and maybe especially in the match day threads..
The disrespect he gets is fecking embarrassing.

Icemav

In the last three games

scored again today

He's clearly not great.

He is dreadful with the odd flash of his old instinct. But 95% dreadful.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I don't care how poor he is, I still can't understand how people who claim to be Man United fans can call him names like fat cnut etc, both here and maybe especially in the match day threads..
The disrespect he gets is fecking embarrassing.
Simple.

They're not proper United fans.

Kag

His movement in the box is great and that will never change, to be fair.

It doesn't justify how rotten he is at everything else, mind you.

El Zoido

Both his goals against Swansea and the one today were going wide and really should be classified as own goals.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Still absolute shit but pleased he got a goal, should cheer him up a bit..

Art Vandelay

Both his goals against Swansea and the one today were going wide and really should be classified as own goals.
To be fair, Lampard made a career out of that and few of his were taken off him.

He at least got into the right area to score. He's been shite otherwise, but at least he's getting there.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
How's this for a cherry pick....

He's been directly involved in 19 goals this year for United. Which is a better return per minute than Zlatan....
At least half of them were pure luck due to deflections or his mishits landing in the right spot. Don't act like he's some great footballer when he's useless.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
You wanted to sabotage us by keeping Moyes, and then by making Giggs manager. If anyone's not a proper United fan it's you.
I'd still love Giggs as well.
The Zlatan you predicted would score less than what was it 5 goals?

That Zlatan?
The Zlatan I bet wouldn't score 8 goals from open play in the league.

Think he finished on 13. The bastard.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
How's this for a cherry pick....

He's been directly involved in 19 goals this year for United. Which is a better return per minute than Zlatan....
You do realise Mourinho is playing him mostly in unimportant and easy games for half the season now?

He is simply one of our worst performers in the team for two years however you try to portray it.

Djemba-Djemba

Ok. So the games where we are playing a weaker side against teams above us in the league away from home are somehow... easier? :lol:

Like I said he's not great any more. But come on lads.
What?

He's fecking shit.

Do you think he's been worth 300k a week over the last 3 or 4 years?

Dante

Average bang
Games Mourinho said were no longer important.
But certainly not 'easy'.

FWIW, had Rooney missed the chance that Rashford just missed, this thread would have been spammed vitriol and abuse telling Rooney to 'feck off'. Frankly, it's the kind of thing you'd expect on a rival team's forum. There are scores of posters on here who are incapable of being objective about Rooney.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
The desperation of the media to give him that goal :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.