5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyJ1985

Only another couple more matches left to endure of this plodder until we're rid of him.

el3mel

Terrible as usual away from the goal. Pray to God I can withstand him 2 more games before he leaves in summer hopefully.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Got a goal, which if we're honest is more than we thought the whole team would achieve today.

spwd

Ban

Not worse than other players but will get most of the hate.. Got the a goal and set up our 2 chances in the 1st.

SirScholes

They are a few here and there.

Some former players too.

I just don't want to see him play for us anymore.
Agreed, it's just disappointing, times today when he has space and pulls out 2 worldie passes outside of the boot shows the brain is ticking but sadly you don't have that space that often and when you're playing for throphies you need to be much quicker with your decision making.

It hurts watching him because with each mistake you can see him fading away from the player he was, I'd be surprised if there was wasn't some depression story that comes out over the next couple seasons

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Always said he's finished but I feel people are being unfair lately. For example today: he has created our only three chances until herrera and co came on... just saying. Three good passes. But barely saw a mention of those moments in the match thread whereas if that was another player launching those passes they would be quite happy. Everyone was on point (and rightly so) on his back when he did his usual hospital passing though.

spwd

No. I don't think people calling the top scorer of this club ofnall time every name under the sun represents United fans.
And I and many others don't think keeping Moyes or Rooney represents Utd fans either, if you support united you support what's best for the club not what's best for your very past it hero or useless manager.

Classical Mechanic

Always said he's finished but I feel people are being unfair lately. For example today: he has created our only three chances until herrera and co came on... just saying. Three good passes. But barely saw a mention of those moments in the match thread whereas if that was another player launching those passes they would be quite happy. Everyone was on point (and rightly so) on his back when he did his usual hospital passing though.
18 goals and assists this season. He still has end product but lacks elsewhere. I still think he would do decent for a side like Everton if he were to be there number 9.

Dante

Average bang
Not worse than other players but will get most of the hate.. Got the a goal and set up our 2 chances in the 1st.
This is the only worthwhile post in the last 3 or 4 pages of a thread entitled 'Wayne Rooney | 2016/17 Performances'.

Rooney isn't immune from criticism, but some posters act like jilted schoolgirls when it comes to him (see below for some further examples).

Zii

3 goals in his last 4 starts. Begs the question even though he is shit, even though he does nothing, goals are goals. I wonder where we would be if he started more.

Walters_19_MuFc

Should have done better on the goal. Lost his man.

Thought he displayed great movement for his goal, though. Looked better up top.

Wasn't any better or worse than our other players, but it's Rooney so......

spwd

United can comfortably afford it.
Hardly the point though is it.

he could score a 50 yard volley and fans like you would still find a way to criticise it
Nope, I used to absolutely love the guy but like so many others I know he's been done for a long time and I've got actual eyes that can see it wasn't going in until Vertonghen touched it.

AndyJ1985

Should have done better on the goal. Lost his man.

Thought he displayed great movement for his goal, though. Looked better up top.

Wasn't any better or worse than our other players, but it's Rooney so......
Ah there's the great movement argument again. Between Rooney and Lingard we must have some of the best movement in the league. I'm surprised we're not battering teams with our sublime movement.

Djemba-Djemba

I don't care about how Tesco or McDonalds are run either.
We keep paying players like Rooney who are shite obscene wages and we'll keep finishing 6th and 7th.

We keep finishing 6th and 7th and then eventually we can no longer comfortably afford to pay shite players like Rooney their obscene wages.

Walters_19_MuFc

Ah there's the great movement argument again. Between Rooney and Lingard we must have some of the best movement in the league. I'm surprised we're not battering teams with our sublime movement.
Fecking hell.

I praise him for one thing and I get shot down.

Watch the goal again. It was great movement to lose Vertonghen. Simple as that!

Walters_19_MuFc

We keep paying players like Rooney who are shite obscene wages and we'll keep finishing 6th and 7th.

We keep finishing 6th and 7th and then eventually we can no longer comfortably afford to pay shite players like Rooney their obscene wages.
Rooney's not played much this season and we'll possibly finish 6th.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Had a few bad moments but had a few good moments- a couple of good passes and obviously the goal.
Sure, he's on decline but he's got 8 goals this season- which puts him 3rd/4th in our list of top goalscorers this year despite playing lesser minutes than most of our attacking players

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fecking hell.

I praise him for one thing and I get shot down.

Watch the goal again. It was great movement to lose Vertonghen. Simple as that!
Agreed. Noone is saying it's the Old Rooney, or he was amazing. but a mere bit of credit.
People are arguing it wasn't going in etc. Miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.