5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

spwd

He's been poor, no doubt, but in fairness to him the goal was a cracker. Perfect ball and bullet header.
Yeah it was a great goal but not as big a mismatch as people are saying, he just didn't get close enough or jump enough.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
That pass he made after exchanging passes with Carrick on the free kick. :lol:

Really lads, no need to get our panties in a twist over Rooney. I choose to look at the funny side and see how inept he's actually become. He's embarrassing himself out there.

Another bonus are the ridiculous excuses his defenders keep coming up with. Forum gold.
I wish Fergie had sold him to Chelsea back in 2013.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Not sure if you saw Souness' analysis of it but made a lot of sense. He was tight and wasn't far off him but the cross was perfect and the header was a bullet.

Agree it wasn't much of a mismatch.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Jose has allowed him back to into the field.

Poor management imo. And cruel too.
Knowing Jose he's loving this. Season over and nowt to lose, Rooney is justifying his decision to phase him out and making Uncle Fester and Dame Edna Savage look like idiots.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Knowing Jose he's loving this. Season over and nowt to lose, Rooney is justifying his decision to phase him out and making Uncle Fester and Dame Edna Savage look like idiots.
Exactly. Mou will get a standing ovation by kicking Rooney out

spwd

@GDaly95

Thanks for the apology, there's just numerous pics/rumours over the years and quite a few this season alone including the shitfaced at a wedding until 5 am and the recent £500k gambling loss while drinking into the early hours etc, too many to ignore, but like I said earlier today I think he's suffering with depression so basically doesn't give a feck.

SirScholes

But we are also getting battered.

The Rooney brigade can hide behind the fact that the entire team was bad.
is there anyone defending him anymore ?

I defended him for a long time until this season, I gave him the benefit of the doubt due to Moyes and LVG being useless, I was sure Jose would bring Rooney back, so very very wrong

m1tch

He looks like a player that's been finished at this level of the sport for a number of years .....

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Got to feel a little sorry for Rooney. Been marginalised for months, and then gets his games away to Arsenal and Tottenham in a mash up of a lineup that was always going to easily lose both games.

And gets to mark Wanyama, or try to for extra insult!

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He is so bad

Lee Dixon said on my stream Rooney has a few years left at PL level and then can go to somewhere like California for a lifestyle change :houllier:

It's insane how he's turned so shit when he's only 31

VanHaal'sRedArmy

He is so bad

Lee Dixon said on my stream Rooney has a few years left at PL level and then can go to somewhere like California for a lifestyle change :houllier:

It's insane how he's turned so shit when he's only 31
A lot of mileage on those legs; still deserves respect for leading the club for so long. He'll be gone this summer.

ottosec

So, in his last 3 games:

- gave away a stupid freekick against swansea and they scored

- missed a huge chance at 0-0 against Arsenal

- couldn't mark wanyama against Spurs

If this is not consistency, I don't know what is.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The most striking thing about watching Rooney play now, is that he quite clearly does not have a football brain. Scholes came back after 9 months out at the age of 37 and showed how to play the game in your head and make up 10 yards of lost pace. He rarely got above jogging speed but he was always in the right position either making himself available, cutting the passing lane or putting a toe or shoulder in.

Rooney is completely at a loss, he's on his own out there chasing shadows, he can't get to the player quick enough and he's no idea where to position himself in terms of covering space and angles. The football brain he always claims to have is completely non-existent and that's as much a problem for him right now as his body breaking down.

luke511

Did he actually miss that then? Would it have gone wide if it wasn't for Vertonghen's touch?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
It's an own goal :lol: he didn't even touch it :lol:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's utterly useless. But for Vertonghen's touch he probably misses

Status
Not open for further replies.