5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneunited26

No, but I wouldn't say assisting or scoring a goal in the dying minutes is the bare minimum either. If it gets us the three points it's fantastic but I'm also in the boat that agrees that we could do better but only Miki or whoever else is challenging Rooney can prove that.
I wonder if this is the kind of game with the kind of system city are using is best dropping rooney, play Pogba closer to the striker so he has the free reigns to press city, imagine that 6 ft 3 athletic tank of a player coming after your back 4 and midfield, with also a 6 ft 5 animal dangerous in the air also pressing your back 4, with Martial and Rashford pressing city, its something I think jose will think about, with perhaps herrera teaming up with Pogba to press teams with fellaini sitting deeper, it could give us the physical edge, the pace to hurt city and the energy to win those 50/50 challenges

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Once again, digs at the imaginary posters.
It's a bit silly, yeah. It's noticeable how the rebuttals to criticisms against Rooney typically aren't anything to do with Rooney's actual form on the pitch besides the occasional references to his stats which have admittedly been decent - it's always that people are obsessed, have an agenda, have a personal dislike to him etc when the reality is that a lot of people just don't think he's good enough anymore.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Hope he has a good game but can really see him struggle and lose the ball again and again.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
He'll have an awful game. Pep will have his players on him the moment he picks up the ball and as we've seen countless times, Rooney just doesn't have the technique any more to deal with it.

Rajma

Just hope he plays out wide on the left rather than centrally where he can make the most disturbances to ourselves. Damage limitation if you want to call it.

Dumbat12

He'll have an awful game. Pep will have his players on him the moment he picks up the ball and as we've seen countless times, Rooney just doesn't have the technique any more to deal with it.
I absolutely agree. If you're not gonna drop him, at least drop him for this game only. Rooney crumbles under pressure and Pep's style is that of extreme pressure, especially on the weakest links in the team. Remember that Bayern game under Moyes when they let Fellaini take the ball and then pressured him constantly until he gave the ball? This will be the same game, although Rooney will be the one that will get battered this time.

Womp

idiot
Hope this isn't the case but can't help feel like this too.

Shark

@NotShark
I absolutely agree. If you're not gonna drop him, at least drop him for this game only. Rooney crumbles under pressure and Pep's style is that of extreme pressure, especially on the weakest links in the team. Remember that Bayern game under Moyes when they let Fellaini take the ball and then pressured him constantly until he gave the ball? This will be the same game, although Rooney will be the one that will get battered this time.
This City side isn't Bayern, nowhere close. In talent or physicality.

Dumbat12

This City side isn't Bayern, nowhere close.
Pep style is the same everywhere he goes. If Rooney can lose the ball 3 times in the space of 1 min against Hull...

Let's just wait and see. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Shark

@NotShark
Pep style is the same everywhere he goes. If Rooney can lose the ball 3 times in the space of 1 min against Hull...

Let's just wait and see. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Pep has only been to two other places, where he had two squads that far eclipse this City side. I'll trust Mourinho has the experience in this league to know what he's doing. Feck Pep.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Strange that......Liverpool players giving him credit.

Hmmmm.....wonder why.
http://thepeoplesperson.com/2016/08...-ibrahimovic-is-unplayable-in-the-air-157880/

http://www.squawka.com/news/jamie-carragher-bailly-looks-like-a-real-mourinho-defender/752898

This is how stupid some of you lot sound. Carragher has spoke about numerous United players in a positive light. As soon as its Rooney "his friends in the media" and stupid conspiracy theories come out.

Art Vandelay

A match when he's doing ok and Neville finally offers him up as a likely candidate for substitution while ignoring players that have been worse. What the feck?

van Persie

You're a new member. I don't think The best way to get promoted is to insult one of our longest serving players
Pff. A player who tried to force a move twice and gets paid over twice as much as he deserves because of it.

Art Vandelay

What's he doing that is "ok"? He's as useless as always.
He looks like Maradona compared to the two wingers. Well he did until the last few minutes anyway. He's been more constructive in counter attacks, even if they did involve the automatic ball to the right wing. He's doing something at least.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
He looks like Maradona compared to the two wingers. Well he did until the last few minutes anyway. He's been more constructive in counter attacks, even if they did involve the automatic ball to the right wing. He's doing something at least.
Agreed. He does look like Maradona compared to our wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.