5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NessunDorma

He was our most threatening attacker, and got an assist, but I don't expect that to get in the way of the usual dressing downs.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
People still calling for him to be subbed

He hasn't been overly good but you still have to leave him on. He is still the one looking most likely to make something happen when going forward

NinjaFletch

He was our most threatening attacker, and got an assist, but I don't expect that to get in the way of the usual dressing downs.
Because he was shit?

I mean you're not wrong, others were shitter than him, but once again: 'well at least he didn't do as bad as others' is no real defence.

Duafc

Village Lemon
He's been caught on the ball a few times but has also created all our chances, looks very fired up too.

Probably the best player out there for us, which shows how much everyone else needs to up their game in the 2nd half.

cj_sparky

He hasn't been overly good but you still have to leave him on. He is still the one looking most likely to make something happen when going forward
True, but he is also just as likely to set up a City counter with his awful passing.

Rada

How is that an assists, doubt it actually counts as an assists honestly.

Kazi

A match when he's doing ok and Neville finally offers him up as a likely candidate for substitution while ignoring players that have been worse. What the feck?
Neville's been horrible tbh, also said Fellaini should be a candidate

Minimalist

Can't disagree with that. He's made a few bad passes but like you say, he's one of the few who's closing down well and looking somewhat dangerous on the break.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Someone nailed it in the match thread, anyone saying Rooney is still good enough to be playing at #10 should take a look at De Bruyne.

wr8_utd

:'(
I thought Mkhi coming into the team was going to make us win by 5 goals? Rooney has been all right, far better than Mkhi and Lingard and Ibra as well.

Baxter

He's lost the ball numerous times. He's too slow, and he's been physically dominated too.

Devil may care

Someone nailed it in the match thread, anyone saying Rooney is still good enough to be playing at #10 should take a look at De Bruyne.
Yep, that quality in such a pivotal role is the biggest difference in the two sides.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
He's been dreadful - better than Mkhitaryan but that's no defence.

A number 10 shouldn't be losing the ball as much as he does, it's absolutely mental.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I thought Mkhi coming into the team was going to make us win by 5 goals? Rooney has been all right, far better than Mkhi and Lingard and Ibra as well.
He's not been 'far better' than anyone, that's just complete nonsense.

dichinero

To think that he is occupying the position where there are much better players. :nervous:

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
The problem is that his level has dropped so much that today's performance is considered "decent" or "good". Mainly because he hasn't screwed up as much as normal or as much as others.

Other one counter attack, what exactly has he done to justify being a regular starting no. 10 for United?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
In the fleeting moments we've broken on them he's used the ball well and at least he's showing passion unlike Mihki, Lingard and even Pogba

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Another poor performance, but has the excuse that Mkhi and Lingard were even worse.

He is pretty pointless defensively, I am pretty sure having brick at center of the pitch we would have won more balls fom start of the season than he did. Pretty sure that he didn't win more than two duels or had two interceptions since start of the season. We will never be a side that is good at pressing with him in the team either, he just stands there telling others to run, it's pretty embarassing for a captain, I think even the likes of Messi and Ronaldo are more effective defensively.

Most threatening despite not having single goal attempt? :lol:

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
He's not been 'far better' than anyone, that's just complete nonsense.
You are arguing with a partisan hack. It's like trying to convince a Liverpool fan that Luis Suarez was in the wrong during the Evra incident.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
This

He's been dreadful - better than Mkhitaryan but that's no defence.

A number 10 shouldn't be losing the ball as much as he does, it's absolutely mental.
Agreed, apart from one or two good moments, he simply isn't influential enough on the ball nor is threatening enough on the counter. We barely looked like we were going to do something on the counter with Ibra and Rooney. Could really do with Martial or Rashford's pace and directness.

Mkhitaryan and Lingard have been worse than Rooney but it doesn't really excuse his performance in any way imo.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
His free kick was a floater of a turd. It was Bravo that assisted us.

The rest of the time Wayne has been losing the ball. The worst close control on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.