Westminster Politics

Bert_

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Bert_

Yep. We live in the dumbest dystopia.

The current state of the UK -

This is the issue with having no actual oposition in Westminster. The debate today is about the colour of a flag rather than the 25% of children living in poverty in the land its supposed to represent.

Jericholyte2

These gammon lot will be retrospectively fuming when they see what Team GB wore in the 2012 Olympics!

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Diane Abbott: Police investigate Tory donor alleged race comments - BBC News

West Yorkshire Police has launched an investigation into alleged racist comments made by a top Tory donor.
Officers are investigating after Frank Hester reportedly said Diane Abbott, the UK's longest-serving black MP, made him "want to hate all black women".
The Guardian alleged the Leeds businessman, who has given £10m to the Tories, also said she "should be shot".
The force said it is working to establish if "a crime has been committed".
Surely this comes under hate speech?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Gaia Blues3 MIN AGO
Is anyone else fed up hearing the word racism?

Mike Johnson2 MIN AGO
Reply to Gaia Blues - view message
Racism is only real when it applies to the woke narrative of plod and their cohorts.

FW Hayek7 MIN AGO
Good, unlike Lee's statement this prime facie is racist.
Do not conflate colour with creed, it is better for the UK that we have more black christians than a white muslim in my view.
Those that do conflate creed with colour are he true racists.
'Islamaphobia' is an inherently racist term. EDITED

Mark Thomas7 MIN AGO
Racism is awful, however this was 5 years ago and no one reported it at the time.

james wilson13 MIN AGO
Hester merely stated facts.She,s black .she,s a woman and she got on his t***,s.

Alex White22 MIN AGO
Reply to John Hall - view message
There is bigotry amongst white people towards other white people. Ask any Celt or European.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...nak-latest-news-cox-osborne-general-election/

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
It's time to leave, genuinely. This country is a joke and I don't see any change in the future. (Yes, I get how privileged I am to be able to emigrate and I'm thankful for it).

Lee565

Yet another thing the right wing media and tories will go crazy about to distract people from real issues and the sad thing is the people will actually fall for it and allow their simple minds to preoccupied by this pointless rubbish.

That and of course mental illness which I see the tories and the right wing media are demonising people for having in recent days and portraying them as just lazy

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
It's time to leave, genuinely. This country is a joke and I don't see any change in the future. (Yes, I get how privileged I am to be able to emigrate and I'm thankful for it).
If you think that is much better elsewhere, think again. the shitshow is global, to a more or less advanced degree we are all on the same path, fascism and inequality

Kaos

Yet another thing the right wing media and tories will go crazy about to distract people from real issues and the sad thing is the people will actually fall for it and allow their simple minds to preoccupied by this pointless rubbish.

That and of course mental illness which I see the tories and the right wing media are demonising people for having in recent days and portraying them as just lazy
I mean its all they have left. Their single (albeit mythical) strength was they've historically been perceived as the party of economical stability. Now that they've completely debunked that myth themselves, all they have left to cling on to is divisive culture war nonsense, and a new phantom crusade with 'Rwanda'.

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Politician's Handbook from as recent as 7/9/2022. May need an update.

Step One - Underfund education and close down libraries.
Step Two - Raise a generation of 30 something dickheads who can't form a single cohesive sentence without getting a migraine. Integrate them into the communities with the Breakfast At Tiffany's song loving twats from the 90s, and that generation who haven't had to work hard to get ahead in life - we all know the one I mean.
Step Three - Take incredibly complicated socioeconomic issues and water them down into easily digestible soundbites (agenda riding bullshit, preferably) that the people in Step Two have a 50% of understanding without getting a migraine.
Step Four - Have all of your mates in the media repeat these soundbites and turn them into fact, further emboldening Mr and Mrs Audi-On-Lease-New-Build-Forty-Year-Mortgage into believing that the shite they utter, without engaging their brain for even a split second, is definitely the real reason why their lives are fecked. Because it couldn't possibly be for reasons that are complicated and diverse.
Step Five - If the above Steps fail; stir up a media frenzy with some dead cat news or poison the Queen in her sleep.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

Step Two - Raise a generation of 30 something dickheads who can't form a single cohesive sentence without getting a migraine. Integrate them into the communities with the Breakfast At Tiffany's song loving twats from the 90s, and that generation who haven't had to work hard to get ahead in life - we all know the one I mean.
Step Three - Take incredibly complicated socioeconomic issues and water them down into easily digestible soundbites (agenda riding bullshit, preferably) that the people in Step Two have a 50% of understanding without getting a migraine.
Step Four - Have all of your mates in the media repeat these soundbites and turn them into fact, further emboldening Mr and Mrs Audi-On-Lease-New-Build-Forty-Year-Mortgage into believing that the shite they utter, without engaging their brain for even a split second, is definitely the real reason why their lives are fecked. Because it couldn't possibly be for reasons that are complicated and diverse.
Step Five - If the above Steps fail; stir up a media frenzy with some dead cat news or poison the Queen in her sleep.
This book it too long and complicated. Could you summarize it please?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
This book it too long and complicated. Could you summarize it please?
Fokin changed George's fokin Cross, didn't they? U wot? Nah, he's just called George. Nah. Saints just the fokin thing he woz wozint he? I dunno, cos he woz bruva to Jesus or sumfink. Maybe he woz one of them angles frum eaven. Wot? WOT?! Fokin shut it, Susan, ya fat bitch. Hold me fokin pint, son. Yer mum needs a fokin slap. Ow, someone fokin call me a fokin ambulance Susan's punctured my fokin testancles again.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Change the cross! gerron with it!

There you go
Can't fokin breathe, son. Yer mam has fokin done it this time. This is it. Off to see me old man at the pervy gates. Goodbye, son. Don't forget not to vote in the election cos the telly said there's no fokin point blllleeeeeehhhhhhhchhh.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
We really do laser on on the most important topics in this country.
We get really passionate about this sort of thing. I mean, obviously not in 2011 when the same fecking thing was done on another kit, but that was before scientists discovered wokeness and how it's more dangerous than things like smoking, asbestos or poverty.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Can't fokin breathe, son. Yer mam has fokin done it this time. This is it. Off to see me old man at the pervy gates. Goodbye, son. Don't forget not to vote in the election cos the telly said there's no fokin point blllleeeeeehhhhhhhchhh.
It is been 15 years that I don't leave in UK (Scotland) but I can picture the type :lol:

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
We get really passionate about this sort of thing. I mean, obviously not in 2011 when the same fecking thing was done on another kit, but that was before scientists discovered wokeness and how it's more dangerous than things like smoking, asbestos or poverty.
First time I can remember such cross party consensus on a topic in this country!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
First time I can remember such cross party consensus on a topic in this country!
To quote the great Woody Woodpecker;

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. If you want to make enemies in England, wait until an Australian billionaire tells them that you're the enemy.

Dan_F

Give me a breakdown of voting intentions and social priorities for those in their 30’s vs those above 40, I know who I’ll be siding with. I understand the point you think you’re making, but it’s incredibly harsh. Those at 30 who are voting Reform/Tory are almost an irrelevance, a tiny proportion of the electorate.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Was this the Olympic kit?

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance

What is wrong with Breakfast at Tiffany's? Great song, real ear worm.